Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The Croc posted:

was amazing glad i saw it live
Same. That said, would have loved to have heard the reaction if Gibson won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I chatted to a mate of mine recently who works in the admin side of the Royal Albert Hall who said that the NXT shows that they held there sold really badly. They sold far worse than they look on TV. Which gives me hope for the future of the British indie scene, because it means WWE might actually struggle to completely destroy it like they intend to do. Fingers crossed the NXT UK recordings are going badly too eh?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The Croc posted:

Still say the albert hall nxt's sold worse because the world cup was on and night one was when England played their opening game. Also it was thrown together late

but i was there both nights and one was real bad i got moved from the most upper bowl to practically ring side

night two was more full sparse around the top but still alot better than night one. But yeah would be happy if WWE didn't destroy the recovering uk scene as we had such a horrible period in the 90's and 00's when we had very little and now there's a few groups in various areas which put on great show with a good bunch of workers.
Yeah that was obvious though because the crowd started chanting "Its coming home" when England scored on the first night. I was there both nights too (comp tickets, thanks to my friend) but I think the expensive tickets might have damaged it too.

Which is what I was trying to get at; I remember reading that the original UK tournament in Blackpool (which I also attended) was a financial loss, which makes me wonder if the current tapings are going just as badly as well. I know WoS isn't doing too well (its shite, who cares) but I'd be quite happy to see NXT UK be a huge flop that didn't carve a huge hole in the UK scene.

Also, given that you were there too, how awesome were those Gibson chants on both nights? Lad should have won the belt, the boos would have been deafening.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

rovert posted:

Main NXT management like Zack a poo poo tonne.

A good Zack Gibson interview/podcast is worth listening to. He gets Wrestling and Wrestling psychology on a Chris Hero/Kevin Owens type level. Explains it clean and clear. Generally articulate and savvy media wise also.

A true step above.
Talk more about the UK scene plz, its loving brilliant right now and deserves more attention than it gets.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I was quite happy to give up on WWE because the UK scene is brilliant and it was fun watching all these great shows live for decent prices.

So glad that WWE has decided that this set of affairs has gone on for far too long and its time to return wrestling in the UK to where it should be; over-produced melodrama at extortionate prices.