Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Accident Underwater posted:

After the first one the referee warned him not to do it again. Taking a DQ to retain isn't a face move.

Yeah, referee drake gives him a pointed 1 with his finger after he breaks up the hold really late. Either admonishment or "you used your 1 break up" or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

VJeff posted:

1. Ciampa/Gargano shouldn't have main evented because the finish was a joke.
2. Black should have had a better opponent than Lars who clearly was not ready for that position.

Heavily agree on 2.

On 1, part of why they main evented is probably because they tore the ring apart during the match. gently caress cleaning that up quickly for another match afterwards.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Gaz-L posted:

Nah. TUE vs British Strong Style, possibly also vs Ricochet & Pals

If the war raiders aren't in war games, somebody hosed up.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

"Who could have taken out aleister black? Was it, the entire male roster? Or maybe the female roster?"

I'm voting for the ref. Nobody expects the refler.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Reminder that the nxt women's title only really needs one more match because the match after evolution will be vs the myc2 winner. I think they can find one more person for shayna if they go that route, though I am also rooting for kairi, and it makes sense to me that she wins tomorrow and defends in a rematch at evolution.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Nxt roster rules right now. TUE vs war raiders vs BSS in war games (this is a guess not a spoiler) is going to rule. Matt riddle and Keith Lee rule. The new myc2 roster women rule. I'm so hyped for nxt.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Frankly it was a great match but being teased with ricochet vs Pete Dunne made me space out a bit

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

rovert posted:

Shoehorning this in a little bit but still. This is where all the foreigners stay when they work DDT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVDIyb0VBgo

Colt put the video up earlier this week.

That fridge legitimately made me nauseous.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I'm very glad that my big entertaining boy Otis got to main event a weekly show, and also demonstrate being good.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

ozymandius1024 posted:

That was such a great heel turn all around

That whole show was incredible!

Also I'd be pretty happy if war games had 2 women's matches to balance out the 8 man. Kairi vs shayna and a number 1 contenders match, maybe. Doing the same as last time and having a 4 way (nikki, Candace, Bianca, toni or io or someone) would work imo. Either way takeover consistently rules.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Chris James 2 posted:

Really late to this one but finally read the full results of that Takeover, knew most of the stuff but had to double check when someone told me Hero lost to Riddle in 7 seconds in a match that almost wasn't even on the card

lol

Apparently it was always going to be on the card, but triple h lied about it because people would be less upset about a surprise 7 second match than an announced 7 second match.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

velveteen dream vs tyler breeze at takeover imo

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Gaz-L posted:

Make Dream realise that all his clamouring for being called up is a monkey's paw by showing him the future.

please still join me in popping for the dream in the rumble

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Dr. Baker posted:

Turn on Johnny and then do what?

defeat io shirai, the woman who will topple shayna

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Veryslightlymad posted:

It's still dumb.

Dream is basically the only logical person to defeat Ciampa that would actually gain from having done so.

That person is Matt riddle to me

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

VJeff posted:

So they used the finish where he won? Huh.

my completely wild guess after this week is that they may not have known if johnny was going to get main roster'd or not

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I had Gargano/Dream spoiled for me and I'm angry about it! Such a great match.

Having it spoiled made watching Gargano on RAW/SD with the belt funny tho

how was it spoiled for you? they taped the ending twice with different winners.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

it feels to me like they're trying to prestige it up. it's only been around for what, a year? i think main eventers bouncing it around is supposed to just sell the title as desirable.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I was blessed to see Matt riddle vs Artemis Spencer live very close to when riddle signed. It ruled and I've been excited for him ever since.

I also wouldn't be shocked to see a Matt riddle vs Adam Cole nxt title feud, if the other 3 more used stars are going to refocus on the main roster now. Matt riddle getting a title defense against ciampa when he comes back would also be really cool I think.

Also having not read the most recent taping spoilers, I'll be shocked if shayna doesn't cause kairi vs Bianca to be a no contest.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

The bar are going to show up on raw and best the revival for their titles next week,

then not have a wrestlemania match either

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Velveteen Dream interrupting on a couch was... the best. The best, Jerry!

Dream vs riddle is the match I'm second most excited for.

After dunne/WALTER

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Aphrodite posted:

Man, when's the last time someone lost to a Boston Crab?

Even the Walls of Jericho never got the tap out.

Pretty sure Kevin owens tapped out to it when he lost the us title to Jericho.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I'm very excited for tonight and am rooting for the boys Matthew riddle and Adam 'bay bay!' cole

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

seems to me like they're setting up Adam Cole champion -> Cole vs riddle in Toronto. or at least the latter match, but riddle being booked strongly while eating pinfalls implies to me he's going for the big belt and I think they'd have him face Cole, not Johnny.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

PSA/reminder: takeover 25 is today

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I expect Johnny is going to do an exhibition match of sorts, like zayn/nakamura. Johnny vs kushida in Toronto would slap hard.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

is pepsi ok posted:

Adam Cole debuts on RAW by himself, Corey Graves constantly refers to him as the leader of the Indisputable Epoch.

ERA CLUB has ARRIVED on RAW

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Endless Mike posted:

Good Photoshop there, guys.

Check the side plate.

wow I can't believe Adam Cole is joining the miztourage

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

new Orleans is still the best takeover no contest for me, but drat they never disappoint.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i thought it was common knowledge that talent gets to pick their own names now.

I mean, does "pick your name" mean from a list ala chilly mcfreeze?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Dacap posted:

There was some report out today that Ciampa could be back for mid-August, maybe a TakeOver suprise?

William regal reveals that the third stipulation is.... a triple threat match.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Dacap posted:

I'ma be at the show and if this happens I might have heart attack when the NO ONE WILL SURVIVE hits

I am also attending the show live, friend. I hope we get to see it :)

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Aphrodite posted:

Sometimes nothing happens, sometimes they setup 3/4 of the card on the go home show.

This card feels like it's been locked in since the last Takeover.

yeah the only thing different than what was set up at the last show was that riddle vs Cole was being telegraphed hard. shayna's opponent could have been anybody. also dunne showing up feels kind of random but he owns.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

in the arena we didnt get any preshow hints about what the cage was so when it was all weapons we freaked out and it made the last fall so much better

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah,. word was getting around the arena (even before it leaked to the internet) that the cage was there well before the show started, but the weapons were a total surprise that they never indicated to the crowd. In hindsight it was great because people were going apeshit when they saw the weapons.

THANK YOU RE GAL clap clap clapclapclap

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Yeah that's real good, now it feels kind of obvious.

Who's left to challenge the Street Profits? Is it going to be the winner of Forgotten Sons and Breezango?

probably. it's likely time to stick some unused singles guys together - kushida, Keith lee, some of the breakout tournament people perhaps.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Chris James 2 posted:

Whole class has been announced https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/austin-theory-santana-garrett-headline-wwe-performance-center-class?sf217540889=1

Austin White (Austin Theory)
Santana Garrett
Tehuti Miles (Army vet and ex-Div1 football player for the Terrapins)
EJ Nduka (ex-CFL/AFL player)
Aleksandr Jaksic (LX Ken from German indies)
Briana Brandy (rapper who's trained in Crossfit and ninjutsu)
Rita Reis (Jiu-Jitsu world champ)
Marcos Gomes (Muay Thai instructor)

sorry so is fantasma NOT in this group or am I missing him?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

yeah their name is oney and twoey.

I wish they were Canadian so we could call them loonie and twoonie.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

get the gently caress out of my country santino you loving chud rear end shitstain.

God I just want wrestling to not be sleazy garbage for a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

TV Zombie posted:

that's just being salty. that vid had gargano, dream, lumis, green, nox and yim at least. They are talented

pretty sure they're all green as goose poo poo!!!!!!!!