Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Please do not discuss taping spoilers in this thread. Visit the spoilers thread for that discussion instead.

NXT on WWE Network
NXT on Hulu (US only, requires subscriptions, includes Takeovers)

NXT Champion: Tommaso Ciampa (since 25th July 2018)

NXT Women's Champion: Shayna Baszler (since 7th April 2018)

NXT Tag Team Champions: The Undisputed Era (since 29th November 2017)

NXT North American Champion: Adam Cole BAYBAY (since 7th April 2018)

WWE UK Champion: Pete Dunne (since 20th May 2017)

The next Takeover will be August 18th 2018 in Brooklyn the night before Summerslam
NXT runs tapings, house shows in Florida, and house show tours throughout the US at a constant clip, check http://nxttickets.com/%A0for more information!

---

The Latest Haps, Snaps and Faps

Last night saw the black and yellow brand tear it down in Chicago and despite a card that was on paper a touch underwhelming the stars of the future delivered yet again. It's almost like when a brand has value you can trust it to deliver no matter what!

So here's the major lowdown on what was up. Our latest NXT champion Aleister Black survived his first title defence as he went up against everyone's favourite bald gorilla, Lars Sullivan. The question here was whether Lars would be able to catch Black's spinning heel kick finisher, Black Mass, and at first it looked like he would be successful but as the match went on it got harder and harder until the stiff gust of wind from Black's foot passing about 18 inches away from his face knocked him down for a two count. In the end it took two Black Masses (Black Massi?) to put this behemoth down for good in a finish that made both men look great. Are you watching, Road Dogg?

There was also a title defence in the works for the Women's champion Shayna Baszler as she tried to wrap her brain around the insanity that is Nikki Cross. For all that Shayna talks about how much she loves to inflict pain apparently when she finds someone who loves receiving pain it's not fun any more. Nikki spent more time begging for it than a piss-slave in a sex dungeon and though she got in a fair few hits herself Shayna was just too much for her. The match finished up with Shayna choking out Nikki out while she drifted off to sleep with a smile on her face, probably dreaming of how happy she is to escape Sanity's main roster callup.

The Tag Team belts were also defended as the whole of Chicago turned heel to cheer on the Undisputed Era against Oney Lorcan and Danny Birch, who were making their Takeover debut. Even though this one had a minimal build and Oney and Danny were blatant stand-ins for an unavailable Moustache Mountain this still turned out to be absolute fire. Oney and Danny were desperate to impress and worked a mile a minute with heavy shot after heavy shot and also this loving bump:

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1008141739582947328

:stonk:

Oney and Danny looked to have things wrapped up only for Adam Cole BAYBAY to get in the way, leading to the heel manager being sent to the back to echoes of loud “BULLSHIT” chants. Roddy and O'Reilly soon turned things around and claimed the victory but Oney and Danny did great and were rewarded with a standing ovation from the fans so expect them to show up on another Takeover soon.

In a match that went up against some big expectations Ricochet and the Velveteen Dream finally got to air their grievances. This all about 'anything you can do I can do better' and both men proved tried to steal each other's style all the way down to their ring-gear. Although Ricochet's winged cape was no match for Dream's inspired mix of Hulkamania and Prince Puma. Dream also showed off his latest flippy-do training with a number of aerial moves while Ricochet took a few moves out of Dream's playbook with the Death Valley Bomb and the Purple Rainmaker. Ricochet came out on top after Dream whiffed an attempt to go coast to coast but really both guys are winners of my heart and that's all that ever matters.

Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa are not going to stop this until at least one of them is dead. Literally, dead. Their rivalry continued in one of the most brutal and violent and weirdly sexy garbage fests ever seen in wrestling. Tops came off, belts came off, there was some light BDSM play... those of us in the thread had some fun, that's all I'm saying. The action was back and forth throughout culminating in a callback to that very first betrayal as Ciampa threw Johnny into the stage AND RIPPED OFF HIS WEDDING RING only for Johnny to turn it around a huge Air Raid Crash through a couple of tables. But Johnny's lust for murder would not be sated. While officials tried to strap Ciampa to a stretcher Johnny pushed them away and dragged Ciampa back to the ring where he was cuffed and received a series of superkicks. Except all of a sudden Ciampa managed to find a DDT onto an exposed part of the wooden ring floor and the hopes and dreams and fantasies of thousands of fans were dashed. The show went off the air with a grinning Ciampa while the crowd told him to gently caress himself and now we're looking at a final conclusion in Brooklyn that will either be 3 Stages of Hell or a prelude to gay sex. Possibly both!

What else is going down? War Raiders have murdered a whole lot of jobbers, Pete Dunne is still real mad at TUE, Bianca Belair is the future of women's wrestling, THE FINEST Kona Reeves is anything but, Dakota Kai might have overcome her trauma – it's a wait and see on that one, Kairi Sane killed racism, EC3 is looking to give NXT a rebranding and Pat McAfee is the best thing to ever happen to WWE pre-shows. Nice jorts, dork!

Rarity fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jul 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sticklefifer posted:

Your OP doesn't mention ma flippy boi Ricochet. t:mad:

Rarity posted:

It had one small flippy dude flying halfway across the arena.

:colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CobiWann posted:

Roderick Strong did nothing wrong!

HOLD ME BACK GUYS I SWEAR TO GOD

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

abraham linksys posted:

rarity if you do not start appreciating my good friend no way jose i am going to need to take this thread back right now :mad:

(oh god he's going to die such a loving death on raw isn't he)

Too late I'm ripping this thread from you like Roddy ripped the hope from Pete Dunne's heart :colbert:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IcePhoenix posted:

We thought the same thing about Elias!

Elias was always good

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
War Machine Raiders!! :supaburn:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

St Evan Echoes posted:

no

I’m not really sure what he said, but it definitely started with a j

Some people pronounce gif that way :ughh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They might call up Dream. They did call up Drew McIntyre (in case you missed it)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Nikki Cross (and the rest of Sanity I guess but that's not as important) is now on Smackdown :)

EL IDOLO and Zelina are also joining the blue brand :homebrew:

Remember when we used to get worried about the state of NXT every time there was a round of callups?

Rarity fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 18, 2018

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
He wears a leprechaun costume and says 'begorrah'

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This week's episode was awesome from top to bottom. Ricochet and War Raiders's jobber matches were fun, Lars/Killian was brutal as hell and Candace/Vega was the happy ending that feud deserved.

And next week we get Gargano/Black for the NXT title :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kona Reeves looks like a dork who's parents massively over praised him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Velveteen Dream was always bad, that was fast

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

St Evan Echoes posted:

Killian has the same number of syllables as Killing In

You're right I'm a failure :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's all right, I messaged J-Ru a killer new thread title

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Aleister Black is the best champion ever, I love how he's not even waiting to kick people's heads in.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh my god Ciampa's full on supervillain moment was perfect

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Danny Birch acts like he's walked off the set of an early Guy Ritchie movie with a theme to match, he's great

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Bianca Belair is the woman's wrestler I always wanted :swoon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
While I kinda agree at the same time it would make no sense for Candace to be off doing her own thing with everything Gargano's going through right now, you have to show the impact it's having on her to make the story feel real

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

rovert posted:

WWE.com is asking what kind of match Gargano & Ciampa should have next. YOUR OPTIONS:

Stretcher
Last Man Standing
Three Stages of Hell
Falls Count Anywhere
Ambulance
Empty Arena
Hell in a Cell
Steel Cage

Where's the All of the Above option? :confused:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Boner Leaves

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Danny Burch: You know you're garbage, right?
Pete Dunne: *shrug*

:haw:

Also I love that Dream has found himself another pretty boy to flirt with

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So much for NXT's hottest angle :geno:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I thought Kona did good in that match :shobon:

It was a great episode all round, really. The main event was outstanding and the Ricochet/Dream Takeover match is gonna be lit as hell. I hope Dream pulls out a reverse 450.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The handicap match was real fun and I was real mad at Dream when he ruined it :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Aleister Black is gonna kick Lars Sullivan's head off and it's gonna rule

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Come on, Adam. That's not a very nice thing to say at al-

KYLE I'M GONNA KILL YOU YA SON OF A BITCH :rant:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Congratulations to our new NXT Women's Champion Nikki Cross :)

Also holy loving poo poo Ricochet :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I loved the little background when Lars was destroying jobbers of TM61 walking into the room, taking one look at him and walking away :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
To be fair, Black really needs to retain so we can get Black/Dream II at their big Summerslam show

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dunne/O'Reilly was the best non-Takeover NXT match they've had in ages

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Can we talk about Aaliyah now having huge circles over her boobs? Did she just watch Mean Girls or something?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

rovert posted:

Will always pull for Aliyah

We don't need to know who you jack off to, buddy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God that was so loving good.

I'm also a sucker for,"Johnny hesitates, remembering this man he hates used to be his best friend. He sits down next to him like they used to as partners. There's a single, beautiful moment... then Ciampa attempts to take advantage BUT GARGANO WAS READY FOR IT! :hellyeah:"

A rare example of a babyface learning from past mistakes.

Yeah this is mine as well. Time for me to start working on the Takeover thread :toot:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Takeover thread is live!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The OP has been updated for the new Takeover! That was a very sexy streetfight I tell you what

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The_Rob posted:

I wanna know where people were seeing the sloppiness in dream vs Ricochet. Every spot looked clean and I don't remember any botches.

Dream's flips were very ropey but I didn't mind cause it totally made sense for his character that he was trying stuff he wasn't really that practiced at

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Phenix Rising posted:

Also when they say series - is this like a full-on WEEKLY series, or some dumb poo poo where they do a few "big events" under the brand and then forget about it until it's Rumble/Mania/etc. weekend? The way the WWE UK stuff has gone gives me little faith that they'll actually do something cool and good, but if this is a straight up new weekly show (hopefully right after NXT each week?) then I'm excited.

They're doing a series of 8 tapings so it sounds like it's going to be a limited run weekly shows so I reckon they're trying to get it on a station here (Channel 4 would be a good fit). We don't really do year round television in the UK apart from our major soap operas so there's no way they'd get that kinda deal here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I was going to say I don't want to be spoiled then I accidentally moused over it anyway :negative:

woo