Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

tweet my meat posted:

I think Shayna does the mma crossover gimmick better than rousey. She has this vicious aura to her and easily sells herself as someone who can and will kick your rear end. Just needs a little bit more in ring experience and to work on promo delivery and she'll be an absolute monster heel, she could probably pull off a stone cold style face gimmick really well too.

Out of all the nxt talent right now, Shayna and Dream are definitely the ones i'm following the closest at the moment.

She's been wrestling a ton longer and worked indies all over. She's gonna definitely have a lot more to go on than someone relying on their reputation and coaching from the McMahons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Dijak is incredibly good. It sounds like he's doing a weird gruff voice all the time in that match though? He doesn't normally sound like that.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

He's got a lot from BOLA last year that are worth it if you have access to that. Lee/Dijak vs Cobb/Riddle on night one, Lee vs Dijak on night 3, and Lee vs Cobb vs Ricochet on night 3 are all great.

It just struck me that four of the five people I mentioned here are signed to NXT now.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 4, 2018

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Le Saboteur posted:

Right now it feels like they're risking Gargano losing all his babyface heat by portraying him as completely insane and I'm not sure how they work their way out of it now.

Honestly I would have bought into Ciampa showing off by tracking down whoever attacked Aleister and challenging them, because it's the "right thing to do as champion" or something. Heels who have moments where they do good stuff but in an extremely smug way are fun.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

That wasn't from anyone at wwe though.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Alex "Worldwide" Kellar, Fire Ant, and Survival Tobita are your new NXT superstars but I cannot reveal any more.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

He already lessened the frequent chops recently, which should have been the first sign he was going tbh

Ringkampf's basically broken up lately too. Thatcher's been teaming with Chris Brookes, against WALTER at least once.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I will die on the hill of "Chase is good but looks like he shouldn't be." I want him, Hero, and the Beer City Bruiser to form a stable.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

He's plenty good at doing professional wrestling. He's just not very exciting and his matches are usually filled with interference. It's the Ziggler problem.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Christ, I hope WWE picks up 40 year old Beer City Bruiser, a mediocre everything who has never been in shape in his life. Maybe it will convince everyone else to stop thinking working for WWE means you made it.

This except I watched his match with Goto and instantly loved him so he's actually good.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Venomous posted:

Got it. Shane Thorne reveals that he’s actually a vampire and forms the New New Brood with uhhhh Brennan Williams, Dominik Dijakovic (Christ that name is bad) and idk, Nia Jax?

Cmon it'd be Ember.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

rovert posted:

But Meltzer puts Duke over so strong.

He does always qualify that with "for someone who's been training for six months," to be fair. Even like AIW doesn't put people on shows until they've trained for a year, it seems like WWE is jumping the gun on them so they can benefit from having Shayna around as a credible threat for as long as possible.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Hopefully by "you couldn't be more wrong" he means Trips is giving him NXT when he takes over Raw.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

The playing to hard camera at the expense of performing like a human being mandate is inexcusable at this point. When people are doing things in-ring just put a cameraman in there with them like New Japan does. Everyone there knows you're making a show, having a cameraman visible for a minute isn't a problem.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Kacy's definitely cool but man Rhea is just an incredible base.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Any of y'all been to an NXT live show? Just bought tickets, hoping to see Kairi Sane and no one else.

I went last February, right after Johnny Gargano had been "fired" but was doing his last tour. I also live in Cleveland. Zelina Vega was meant to do some sort of promo before the mixed tag match they'd been main eventing that tour with but was entirely inaudible over the like ten minutes straight of Johnny Wrestling chants. They're fun shows.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

The Agora, downtown. Felt like a pretty solid venue for it.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

The Io/Kairi team's called Sky Pirates, apparently, which I love.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Robbie Eagles is really good and New Japan hosed up if they let him slip away.

Different Robbie E, it'd be this guy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_E

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Have you not seen his promos from the random stuff they post on youtube? Dude is like Ben Stiller's character from Dodgeball.

That's exactly what Gulak said.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

KOR is an insanely talented guy and I want to see him wrestle Matt Riddle more. I've seen it twice and it hasn't really been enough.

Also, I'd like either of then to ever wrestle Shibata again, but that seems less likely.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I can't believe WWE signed Stokely just to make sure Bobby Womack Championship Wrestling never got off the ground.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

There's a Riddle vs Suzuki match from, I think, RevPro a year or so back, and it's insane, just the two of them grapple-loving and slapping the piss out of each other.

Is this a different one than their match at Bloodsport last year, because if so that one's also incredible. He also had an awesome RevPro match with Shibata in early 2017, which is what I think got me to love him.

Draxion fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Mar 21, 2019

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

DM Punk posted:

We all know his real name is Chuck Taylor.

https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/1109552829121941504?s=19

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Their next challengers are probably just the Forgotten Sons so there's another two-three months to build them or other challengers. There's no actual reason to take the belts off War Raiders anytime soon though.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I will not argue with that.

Also Ruby should beat Shayna

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Yacht Rock is a really good tag team name

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

More like Zoomer Brookside

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

Or it's Dio from Jojo and a tribute to Woolie

Is he ever likely to go anywhere or do anything besides NXT?

It's exactly that, and no

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Stokely was Court Moore before Malcom, wasn't he? How many name changes is he going to have?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Agreed but only if they make up an extensive history of being a tag team and photoshop Io into Candice's wedding pictures

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Price Check posted:

WHAT

Haven't seen the guy in years but from what I remember he does not fit the WWE style in any way.

I wonder why you'd hire someone as a coach when you know drat well you're never going to let anyone do the things he'd be good at coaching.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

2* is meant to be a dead average match, not necessarily a bad one. An average match that the crowd liked less than average seems fair to put at 1.75.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

boxcarhobo posted:

the discipline shingo showed to keep it at 204 for that long was impressive, doubly so how he shot up to like 230 the day gedo told him he was a heavyweight now

NJPW juniors are up to 220 anyways. Goto's billed at 227, Takagi actually just being 220 isn't that unreasonable.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

karmicknight posted:

Johnny Gargano represents the homeland proudly. The homeland being Cleveland.

There's all sorts of other Cleveland wrestlers! Like.... Dolph Ziggler. And uh, Dana Brooke. The Miz has somehow managed to be the least overwhelmingly lame of them in 2019.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

They really have poisoned the term "cruiserweight." That belt would probably somehow be hotter if they just renamed it to the Purple Championship.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I'm only seeing this in twitter gifs now but Riddle's got a hell of a spear

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

She's a young woman in nxt, so I've got bad news on the knees front.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

It bothers Shibata which is enough for me to want people to never do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

That's a list of people who signed new contracts this year if anything.