Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

DangerDummy! posted:

Johnny Gargano is handsome and has an awesome physique. He is charismatic and super likable. He is very passionate about his craft, and it shows in everything he does. His wife is gorgeous, also quite talented, charismatic, and super likable. She also does super cutesy stuff like bake cupcakes and sew her own ring gear, but she can be a bonafide rear end kicker when she wants to be (World's Cutest Tag Team vs the Young Bucks for example). They are a drat cute couple and they would look amazing together on GMA and the likey doing goofy poo poo with Kathy and Hoda.

This is all stuff I was thinking about while I was trying to fall asleep last night. And yet somehow they just cannot get over Roman being the face of their company, and I don't even say this to be all "gently caress Roman!". But he is drat sure not likable.

Yeah, I get it. Gargano short. But goddamn WWE just... I dunno. Even if it's just for the sake of the Wrestlings, I hope someday WWE gives them an opportunity to shine on a bigger stage. I really think they would kill it.

e: oh and I almost forgot the most important part: the fans actually LIKE them. No mean feat for a goddamn babyface these days.

Fans like babyfaces fine in NXT. It's the main roster where they suffer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Phenix Rising posted:

Only because the people who are over as relatable, loveable faces in NXT are only ever pushed as dweebs and nerds on the main roster. If they pushed them the same way they'd be fine.

Yeah. I meant more to imply that the main roster can't book babyfaces so they suffer up there for the most part.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Wazzu posted:

Well, he's 38 and I think most people think he's firmly in the player-coach level forever. It's not terribly likely.

Plus I think it's a bit of a hilarious failure of the PC that they have all their diet and exercise coaches and their amazing gym, but after two years Kassius is still so fat.

It's a point in the PC's favour imo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think it's less that Ibushi encourages people to drop him on his head and more that without fail he will always use whatever control he has in a move to manoeuvre himself to land directly on his neck.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tama’s ok. His biggest problem though is that he’s basically been positioned to fill in for Anderson after he went to WWE and Tama just doesn’t measure up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

dsriggs posted:

Thorne is a worse name when you consider he just thought of it as a play off this guy. Like an American calling himself Tiger Goods or something.

drat, how'd I never catch that? The name is cool now.