Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Your OP doesn't mention ma flippy boi Ricochet. t:mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

That man is a Cat Prince. You mention him by name. :catstare:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Kona Reeves is absolutely being repackaged as Hawaiian Johnny Mundo.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Just wanted to point out that all of 3MB are back on Raw now.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Surely they had no time to promote the rookie newbie Ricochet this week because of more important segments like Tino turning on Moss.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

St Evan Echoes posted:

Yeah they probably don’t want to have Ricochet do 3-4 jobber squashes in one set of tapings, the crowd will stop caring real quick
I don't mean he needs matches every week. I mean a segment, an interview, accidentally bumping shoulders with someone backstage, a video package, a whisper, anything.

Norwegian Rudo posted:

You're probably right, but it would truly be an injustice if Svalbard didn't get their own territory.
"It's me, the one wrestler in Svalbard. I am champion of everything here."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Good, I like Danny Burch a whole lot and always thought he was underrated. Glad they're finally paying him some attention.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

rovert posted:

Excited to see what new recruit Kacy can do in the superhuman stakes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcxKLQehd_4
How the hell is there an Assassin's Creed obstacle course that doesn't end with diving from a high tower into a conveniently placed hay cart?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They're forced to do home improvement projects together without hiring any help, literally becoming DIY.

tweet my meat posted:

Do three stages of hell and have the third fall be an empty arena match.
Legit loling at the mental image of them having two super intense falls and then kicking out the entire audience for the third.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dango Bango posted:

I dislike everything about Kona "I'm...Kona...Reeves!" Reeves.

"I like the best things" is also the laziest gimmick I've seen in a while, and that includes "I'm Firstname Lastname and I like to wrestle, hello!"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I like how everyone in wrestling runs around saying "I'm the best, I'm #1" and EC3's whole thing is "I'm in the top 1%". Like I'm great, but so are several others in my league. It's nice of him to share like that.

Also I really want a Breezango/Velveteen stable someday. Maybe add a fashionable weirdo woman to the group too (Emma would've been a good fit, but welp).

Uncle Ulty posted:

I just see them both filling the same role of innocent character who can easily be intimidated or picked on by larger or more experienced wrestlers. The niche that Bayley has now can just as easily be filled by Dakota Kai.
People also said Alexa's gimmick was a Bayley clone when she debuted, and didn't think she could pull it off at first when she turned heel. People forget that unless you're coming in already well established, NXT is for trying out gimmicks and repackaging them to see what works best. Worst case, Bayley gets a plucky new BFF, not a replacement.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 07:09 on May 10, 2018

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DangerDummy! posted:

Also I don't know what the high 5 smilie is.

: hfive : :hfive:
Or if you just want the hands, : hf : :hf:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

St Evan Echoes posted:

Samoan and Irish? I can hear the blood rushing to Vince's penis as we speak

"Let's call him Manuia McGillicutty. That's a strong Irish/Samoan name."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

ALIEN ALIIIIEEEENNNN ALIENNNN

In hindsight it's so obvious now that the lyrics to Hassan's theme were 100% deliberate.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Chances of them finally getting Ospreay for this one?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Wonder if they'll get Wolfgang again. Dude looks like he'd be in a cover band with your dad.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
My question was whether he'd be in it, not whether he's under contract.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
He'd be way better if he was Velveeta Dream and he talked about cheese all the time.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I really hope the Dunne/Burch/Lorcan stable lasts a while. Just 3 hard hitting mean dudes who will gently caress you up and break your fingers. It's been a while since I've seen a team with that feel.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DangerDummy! posted:

Watching Otis Dozovic wrestle is like watching Chris Farley wrestle. It doesn't have a very high ceiling, but goddamn if it doesn't make me smile.
Dude's built like the love child of Rhyno and MODOK.

Endless Mike posted:

What is baffling about WWE pushing an attractive blonde woman?
It's also that her "Marine and mom" story looks good on paper, and the pinup gimmick is fairly original. I didn't see the result as 50/50 booking though. They're feuding, it was promoted as an upset win, and Mauro was already talking about a rubber match after the end. If it goes beyond a rubber match with even results, THEN people can bitch about parity.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DarkstarIV posted:

Also it seems Rhea's new gimmick is being some sort of death metal punk edgelord?
Nah, headbanger was her gimmick in the MYC. Same gimmick, but heel.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Ricochet's the most complete package they've had in a long time.

On one hand I want him to pack on like 25 lbs so his ceiling isn't 205 Live forever, but that's the kind of thing that slows down awesome flippy dudes. Even Rey wasn't quite what he was once he got all swoll.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Incessant Excess posted:

The flips are second to none but I'm not big on Ricochet's work on the mic, the crowd seems super into it tho so maybe it's just me. :shrug:

He's actually improved by quite a bit within the past few years. Lucha Underground didn't even let him talk at first, and then he started working on promos and is passable now. Since he has to learn WWE style production now, he'll likely improve even more, which is probably why he's starting in NXT.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Derrick Bateman's NXT feud with Johnny Curtis was way more entertaining than it had any right to be.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

DarkstarIV posted:

- I'm starting to sour on Lars, to be honest. He's an okay big guy, but I don't feel like he belongs in the NXT title picture (at least right now), and I cannot say I'm looking forward to his match against Black at Takeover. Probably the least excited I've been for an NXT title match.
The only reason I'm excited for it is because if they're thinking of putting the title on Lars it'll probably be Black's last NXT feud. He could easily work the main shows right now. It was also kinda cool to see someone catch the Black Mass. I don't know if they will, but nobody else is really being pushed at the main event level right now because the Gargano/Ciampa feud doesn't need a belt.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Midnightghoul posted:

How is she Nox there arnt any Xs in Wales

Twgwn Nwghw doesn't read well on advertising.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

fart blood posted:

My favorite Takeover moment was probably the Sami vs Cesaro match from the first takeover. It was the first time you got a look at NXT and thought “oh poo poo, this is gonna be WWE’s only consistent bright spot for awhile.”
Gotta go with this. I thought their 2/3 falls match on the weekly show was better, but they were all great.

The women's Fatal Fourway at Takeover Rival was also fantastic. I showed that to a friend to get them into NXT.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Seams posted:

EC3 sucks. bring back derrick bateman

Bring back Johnny Curtis too. But have him also play Fandango at the same time like they're different people and nobody ever mentions it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

rovert posted:

Oney's injury is worse than reported but I don't know by how much. His friends don't really know either. Some suspect he has already had surgery. He's kayfabing it/taking it all real hard.

In short, if he wrestles again this year I'd be surprised.

I really hope this doesn't hurt Danny Burch's momentum. Maybe if Dunne drops the UK belt he'll join up with him again in the tag division.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I thought about the UK tag scene and I really hope they shell out for Champagne Supernova as the theme music for the Noam Dar/Flash Morgan Webster team up I assume is happening.

HHH: "You'll get a CFO$ soundalike and dammit, you'll like it."

Shouldn't NXT UK get a separate thread since it's a separate weekly show/brand and getting its own title belts?