Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

... can dragons reincarnate? I hear we have some seashells, just in case...

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Job Hunt.

Sarga decided it was time to look for work again.

Taking Seaglass and Irwin with her, he teleported to the Dark Isle. She left her two lieutenants to go browse the shops and went for a nice meal.
As normal she listen to the conversations around her.
”Barrus was saying the other day that they expect the war to start any time now. The number of jobs being posted has dropped right off, and their not even asking for money now - it’s all small local stuff.” on patron told her fiend.
”It should pick up once they have army's to destroy and other military support options. We’ve not seen a buildup like this before, but I’m sure it will profit us.”
”I know, but I’m worried about the slowdown in imports we’ve been seeing.”
”Stockpiling Karra, they don’t want to be selling what they may need themselves - wars are good for business, as long as your not a farmer!”

In another booth, a couple of orcs were having a conversation.
”My darling, I am most vexed by the lack of contact from Grag’s warband. They were supposed to call in three days ago.”
”Oh you know Grag hubbins, he’s probably found a library to loot. He really does hate the ‘ug me big orc’ routine.”
”I know, but it pays the bills, and you must give the customer what they want, what what.”

Finishing her meal, Sarga proceeded to march up the hill towards the Tower of Opportunity. The streets thronged with people going about their daily business.
It was a normal scene, people selling food, goods, weapons, slaves, and evil artifacts of dubious merit. Children ran through the legs of people and occasionally stole something from a stall. Some of them even got away with it.
Sarga was halfway up the hill when she stopped and turned to look over the city. Most of the Dark isle was now densely packed city, with only the edges being left for those monsters who needed solitude.

The change was almost imperceptible. A slight rush of air, ears popped as if the air pressure had changed. Sarga thought for a second that the colour of the sun changed. Then things seemed to go back to normal. She turned to continue her climb to the top of the hill, but a sound stopped her.
It sounded like a heavenly choir.
Turning, she saw a figure appear in the sky. A woman with wings of fire that seemed to spread for miles. Somehow she was tiny against the sky, but Sarga could see the warppings over her eyes and her mouth open in a scream.
An Angel. No one had seen an Angel in millenia.

Screams began to sound below Sarga, and she saw a blinding light tear open a portal beneath the Angel. From the portal a small stream of figures flew out - mages riding on fire, air or great beasts. They began to throw down fire and other spells into the city around them, buildings were levelled and flattened in moments.
Then from the portal she saw the shapes of advancing figures, moving in formation.

The Wizards Spell had failed.

The Dark Isle was under attack.

Time for me to mix things up! Having successfully avoided the plot missions so far, you’ve lead us to this point in the story - where having (hopefully) lead you into a sense of security and routine, I blow that up!

What do we do?
A - Fight! We can’t let the forces of good take the dark isle.
B - Find our Lieutenants. - before anything else, we need to get Seaglass and Irwin by our sides!
C - Flee! Run for our life!
D - Start rescuing people.
E -Get our money! - quick! To the bank!
F - Something else!

quote:

Mana = 450/450
2 Manawells 1000/1000, 1000/1000
Gold = 72,580 (22,580 in the vault at the Sapphire Grotto)
Income per week - 750
Wages per week - 150
Paying the gnome 250 for redirection
Net Per week - 350

Minions -
Seaglass, the Stingray Lieutenant.
Irwin the Stingray Lieutenant.
Asherah - the Hammerheaded “god”
Valen Haardckla, Supervizor.
Krull and Khrol, Seatrolls.
90 Beaverpeople. 15 beaverkids. (lead by Holta.)
19 Vampire Octasquids.
A selection of Bodkin Eels.
6 Mantis-pistol-shrimp man.
12 Crabbersons.
Mining rate - 750 gold a week. (0 crates on hand)

Well defended entrance.
Spike traps, magical traps, blast doors, loop holes, teleportation zones and a bound sea elemental.
Living quarters - attuned to restore 4 mana a day.
Barracks for 50 people.
Large lab.
A library full or rare books.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
F. Shapeshift into the appearance of a "good" wizard, join the invading forces, crush the Dark Isle, and reap the spoils of war.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Pretty sure that won't fool an angel. B - Grab our guys and get out.

If we see any loners maybe try to gank them for equipment or snag them for parts.

Also be prepared for Irwin to switch sides. Actually, straight up offer him the opportunity to get out, no hard feelings. He's never been 100% on board with this and it never hurts to have a semi-sympathetic ear or the possibly winning side (unless he tells them where our stuff is obviously)

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Corrupt the Angel with Bad Tidings.

Convert the enemy’s strongest asset to turn the tide.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Splicer posted:

. Actually, straight up offer him the opportunity to get out, no hard feelings. He's never been 100% on board with this and it never hurts to have a semi-sympathetic ear or the possibly winning side (unless he tells them where our stuff is obviously)

Do this, but kill him if he accepts.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

E

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Offer it to both of them, Seaglass got kidnapped too y'know. She probably won't run away but it's nice to be thoughtful.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Edit: Oops, missed a page. B

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Oct 11, 2018

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

B But don't offer an out two our two strongest minions with intimate knowledge of our home defenses, actions, etc.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Blasphemaster posted:

B But don't offer an out two our two strongest minions with intimate knowledge of our home defenses, actions, etc.

it's this

B

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

B, then if possible, E, then bail back to the Grotto to reach out to our not-allies.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
B & D

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
B, and offer them an out on the co didtion they don't betray us personally. Drown them if they leave. I mean we're evil nice, not evil stupid.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

BE

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
See if we had sprung for the time-fuckery crab dimension we could drown them in crabpeople. Just open a portal of our own and have crabs spilling out until the mages run out of juice. Ah, well.

B. We're a squishy caster, find our tanks.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
BE Cool (in that order)!

Lieutenants, Money, and then Portal!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

B then C.

We have ways to make more money, and an established base outside of the Isle. Prudence is the better part of valor, here.

Also, I agree to a certain amount of regret for not having Timey-Wimey Crab Universe ready for this eventuality.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Do this, but get Seaglass to kill him if he accepts.

then C

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

To me, Minions!

Sarga needed her Lieutenants! She was a leader, not a fighter!
She turned and sputed down the hill as quickly as she could sliter - curse being on dry ground! Next time she was in a fight, she was thrice damned going to make sure it was under water! She was fed up with the drybacks having the advantage!

The streets were full of panic. As she looked around, several of the wealther looking building teleported out. The original owners having been a bit paranoid for the safety of the Isle. the huge rushes of air created as several tonnes of stone disappeared spread the smoke and dust created by the invading force - soon it look like night as Sarga fought against the crowds of screaming people.
Most people on the dark isle were not fighters - they were either living normal lives or worked in the support industries, they never thought anything like this could happen. They were not prepared.
Sarga focused her mind, she could sense the panic emanating off Seaglass and Irwin, and she began to direct herself towards that. This took her towards the invading forces of good.

The first soldier she saw was gutting an orc woman, he looked up and raised his sword and shield, then rushed her, he managed to bring Bad Tidings up to block the blow, but the force ran through her arm. A tentacle lashed out and struck the man in the face, and this gave her the opportunity to run him through. She massaged her sore arm when he heard a voice roar out.
”That thing killed Sven! Get it!” and a squad of men came around the corner.
She cast around for anything to use, but they rushed her, and she took lost the tip of a tentacle and took another scratch to her arm as they massed around her.
She drew deep and reached down into the sewers below. Foul liquid spewed up around her and threw her assailants in all directions. She remained steady, and threw bad tidings at the first man to pull himself up, skewering him. A quick recall and another throw took out another man, and third and a fourth soon followed.
Then a sword erupted through her shoulder. The fifth man had gotten behind her, the but of bad tidings slammed into his chest, and the spike pierced his heart.

As the man slide down, dragging his sword with him, Sarga let out a scream. Then she became aware of a slow clapping. Looking up she saw a man in exquisite plate armour, with a long sword in his hand. His vizor was up, and he was smiling.
”Well done, Seahag! That was a good, if smelly showing.” He raised his sword. ”But now Ser Harold, Sword of the Morningstar, shall end you.” He smiled again and advanced.
Then an arrow appeared in both eyes at the same time. The man sunk to is knees and keeled over, dead instantly.
Turning, Sarga saw Irwin and Seaglass standing there, bows in hand. Behind them a bedraggled crowd of people stood. They were bleeding from numerous wounds, but had a fierce look in their eyes.
”Mistress! Are you okay? The Isle is under attack! We’re trying to protect these people - what do we do now?”

do we
A - Leave them and flee! (teleport back to the Grotto.)
B - Leave them and get to the bank
C - Take the survivors with us and try and get them to a building with a teleporter.
D - Take the survivors and go to the bank.
E - Send Seaglass and Irwin to get them to safety while we head to the bank.
F - Try and rally the survivors into an army and fight back.
G - Try and teleport everyone out now. (we have never tried this many people.)

quote:

Mana = 420/450
2 Manawells 1000/1000, 1000/1000
Gold = 72,580 (22,580 in the vault at the Sapphire Grotto)
Income per week - 750
Wages per week - 150
Paying the gnome 250 for redirection
Net Per week - 350

Minions -
Seaglass, the Stingray Lieutenant.
Irwin the Stingray Lieutenant.
Asherah - the Hammerheaded “god”
Valen Haardckla, Supervizor.
Krull and Khrol, Seatrolls.
90 Beaverpeople. 15 beaverkids. (lead by Holta.)
19 Vampire Octasquids.
A selection of Bodkin Eels.
6 Mantis-pistol-shrimp man.
12 Crabbersons.
Mining rate - 750 gold a week. (0 crates on hand)

Well defended entrance.
Spike traps, magical traps, blast doors, loop holes, teleportation zones and a bound sea elemental.
Living quarters - attuned to restore 4 mana a day.
Barracks for 50 people.
Large lab.
A library full or rare books.

srusnak102
Apr 13, 2015
G. We can always earn more money. We will need allies for this war and staying and fighting on the dark island is foolish at best.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

G. Let's put our mana pool to good mutually beneficial use.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

H

G but only take the most capable looking people from the crowd, the maximum number being the number that we know we can definitely transport with us, for potential commanders for the upcoming war. This is no time to test what the limits of our powers are

Teleport to the volcano first to warn the Faye (this will also lead the invaders there in case they can somehow track people ‘porting out)

Then teleport to our grotto via as many other stops as we deem necessary/are able to do

Lastly send word to both Asherah and the evil conclave we just adjourned via as non-interceptable means as we can

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Oct 12, 2018

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

CG (Edit: CGH)

I trust Sarga can take an estimate of how well the crowd will fit into her self-estimated ability to teleport groups.

I like the idea of leading them through Faye land :mmmsmug: but not so much abandoning people just because they aren't useful to us, even if they are useful and/or meaningful to whoever in the crowd they're with. Being evil is no reason to be a dick.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

We don’t know if we can teleport the whole crowd- now isn’t the time to try and risk using a boatload of mana and only ending up shifting everyone halfway, or having the spell fizzle like a wet fart or any number of things that could go wrong

We’re not being a dick- We want to survive while saving everyone we know we can, not take a needless risk in blind hope of saving everyone

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

E

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Y'know, Sarga has made quite a few powerful allies. Besides the villain island goobers, she's got the treant god and the weird elves on her side (as a side effect this got the weirdos off the island safely!), got in good with nobility of an empire thanks to a vibrant new religion with a living shark god, and on top of that can probably call in a favour from the king who got a brand new perfect son. Much better than just going around mangling villagers and getting a bad rep.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
G

Save who you can and get the hell out of there! These uptight assholes aren't good they're rightous and that's a whole 'nother level of crazy. They won't hesitate at slaughtering civilians.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Deadmeat5150 posted:

G

Save who you can and get the hell out of there! These uptight assholes aren't good they're rightous and that's a whole 'nother level of crazy. They won't hesitate at slaughtering civilians.

G

They'll -relish- it. Bail, and take as many survivors as possible to fortify the Grotto. We're going to need them, and they'll be grateful for the save.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
F

If we run, we're a victim and on our own. Rally an army and we can use it as a meatshield against the invaders, be seen to be trying to help, and get out of any responsibility for the dead as we make sure we and our lieutenants get to safety.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The big question is where this angel came from. Is it a result of our religion? If so, is it following our new god or a here as a response from the old one?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Utilize the mana wells and get everyone out, if we can't utilize the mana wells take only as many as we know we can take. We can always get more gold, after this catastrophe baddies will be in higher demand than ever (if things ever settle down).

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
:getout:

G

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Deadmeat5150 posted:

G

[B]G[/]et everyone the hell out of there.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

alpaca diseases posted:

H

G but only take the most capable looking people from the crowd, the maximum number being the number that we know we can definitely transport with us, for potential commanders for the upcoming war. This is no time to test what the limits of our powers are

Teleport to the volcano first to warn the Faye (this will also lead the invaders there in case they can somehow track people ‘porting out)

Then teleport to our grotto via as many other stops as we deem necessary/are able to do

Lastly send word to both Asherah and the evil conclave we just adjourned via as non-interceptable means as we can

This

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
hey guys, is it just me or did every country in the world just send all their magical defences to a place where their treasuries aren't?

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Splicer posted:

hey guys, is it just me or did every country in the world just send all their magical defences to a place where their treasuries aren't?

This guy brings up a good point.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Colin Mockery posted:

This guy brings up a good point.

A very good point. Who's left themselves defenseless?

Is this an attack from the real world, one region of the real world, or some bjzaro version of the Dark Isle/heaven/another dimension.

I think our best course of action is flee, regroup, investigate, retaliate and/or profit from the chaos. Gotta figure out who's attacking is and what their motivation is besides 'rwar you bad me good!'. G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Additional hey guys, don't we have an entire religion based around "Take what you want" sitting around looking for more commandments?

Also also we should stick any shells we have handy on our teleport subjects.