Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Going loud

”Screw it.” Sarga said, and began to draw a circle in the dirt with the back of Bad Tidings. ”buckle up lads and lasses, we’re about to go on a ride!” the beavers nodded and locked new bolts or arrows into their weapons.
Raaugh and Seaglass first - not only was she a more valued lieutenant, but Raaugh was a more powerful ally than the wannabe lich.
”Going loud.” she said, and started the spell.

This was a lot more controlled than the retreat from the dark ilse, it was a shorter distance with a lot less people. They arrived a short distance from the dragon's lair in good cover. They immediately began to move forward, they reached the edge of the woods they had arrived in and stopped at the edge, they could see the lights of the troops approaching, - they had arrived in time.
There were fifty of them, armed with lances and black arrows - dragon killing weapons - this was a planned attack, and not something they had thrown together - the woman at the head looked to be a hero, her half burned face spoke of a dragonslaying past.
The lack of water was a problem. She had promised herself that the next fight would be on her terms, but it looked like she was not good at keeping promises. Bad tidings would not be able to wipe them out with a tidal wave.
”Ambush, aim for the leaders. I’ll take scarface.” she whispered, and the beavers fanned out.
The first arrows took the sargents out, the hero turned around and saw the trident coming, and was able to dodge it before she was hit. She came up, but Sarga had already recalled Bad Tidings and it hit her in the back, she was wounded, but still in the fight.
The soldiers took a few more hits, but were recovering, a scream from her left told her one of the beavers had been hit.
Time for some pressure magic. She swung Bad Tidings around in an arc, and the shockwave threw soldiers in all directions, scarface was rallying and had drawn her swords, Sarga slammed Bad tidings down and called the lightning, channeling a massive amount of mana into the strike.

Lighting proved to be very effective against a large, closely packed group of people in metal armour.

The strike immolated Scarface and spread to all the surrounding soldiers, some died instantly, others were left screaming from burns as their armour fused to their flesh. None were able to continue the fight.
Three of the beavers finished off the wounded while the fourth checked on the fifth who had been hit. He came back a minute later with an extra crossbow, shaking his head.

They moved on to the lair, Seaglass was lying in wait near the entrance, having heard the fight,but she stepped out into the open once she saw Sarga approaching.
”The gnomes gone, we’re all compromised, how Raaugh?”
”She’s packing a travel horde, ready to go.” Seaglass replied. Minute later the dragon appeared with a huge sack clanking on her back.
”Sorry, but I had to get the most valuable stuff I will have trouble sleeping as it is.”

Time for a short vote. We could teleport out the whole dragons horde into our vaults, but it will take some time. If we leave though, coming back will be dangerous.

A - Yes do it!
B - No, move on to rescue Irwin and Malus.

quote:

Mana = 150/450
2 Manawells 1000/1000, 1000/1000
Gold = 22,580 in the vault at the Sapphire Grotto
Income per week - 750
Wages per week - 150
Paying the gnome 250 for redirection
Net Per week - 350

Minions -
Seaglass, the Stingray Lieutenant.
Irwin the Stingray Lieutenant.
Asherah - the Hammerheaded “god”
Valen Haardckla, Supervizor.
Krull and Khrol, Seatrolls.
89 Beaverpeople. 15 beaverkids. (lead by Holta.)
19 Vampire Octasquids.
A selection of Bodkin Eels.
6 Mantis-pistol-shrimp man.
12 Crabbersons.
100 refugees.

Well defended entrance.
Spike traps, magical traps, blast doors, loop holes, teleportation zones and a bound sea elemental.
Living quarters - attuned to restore 4 mana a day.
Barracks for 50 people.
Large lab.
A library full or rare books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A, do our Dragon friend a solid.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

B Move on they'll be plenty opportunities to make a new horde on the counterattack.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Important question: If we were to use our valuable and in-demand teleportation services to rescue treasures that would otherwise be abandoned, what percentage of them becomes ours and what remains hers?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Teleport the dragon (and sea glass) to the people loaded with anti-undead weapons. It's a proven strategy! Then we stay behind and teleport treasure until we get a job done ping.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Splicer posted:

Teleport the dragon (and sea glass) to the people loaded with anti-undead weapons. It's a proven strategy! Then we stay behind and teleport treasure until we get a job done ping.

This. Let the gnome have one last laugh from beyond the grave.

Also ask our scaly friend if she thinks the 'other side' could have recruited any dragons. If yes take some black weapons if she's okay with it.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Outrail posted:

This. Let the gnome have one last laugh from beyond the grave.

Also ask our scaly friend if she thinks the 'other side' could have recruited any dragons. If yes take some black weapons if she's okay with it.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Go with the group, that treasure isn't going anywhere right now, and the reclaiming crew if there is one will see the battle results and assume it's not safe to enter. If there's anything more powerful than that coming after, we'd be in trouble by ourselves anyway.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Volmarias posted:

Go with the group, that treasure isn't going anywhere right now, and the reclaiming crew if there is one will see the battle results and assume it's not safe to enter. If there's anything more powerful than that coming after, we'd be in trouble by ourselves anyway.

There wasn't anything coming after the gnome's clearing party - they are very clearly dividing and conquering as much as possible. They shouldn't notice the dragon party didn't check in for a while.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Splicer posted:

Holy poo poo that's a great idea. Also, here's a thing. This gets us a friend for life for new Buddy Cop Dragon/Sea Hag Adventures. They can prepare for fire or water, but can they prepare for Motherfucking Weaponized Superheated Electrified Steam?

Soften 'em up with the Steam AOE, then send in the lurchers to clean up.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Splicer posted:

Bring some beavers to do the lifting, hoarders gotta hoard.

srusnak102
Apr 13, 2015
I really like the idea of teleporting ourselves with a dragon into the lich lair.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Don't forget the lich lord stockpiling anti dragon weaponry when we do it though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

What if the "Lich Lord" is the mole?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

What if the "Lich Lord" is the mole?

Are the undead vulnerable to electrified superheated steam clouds? If so any connective tissue is hosed and we can stroll around and have good times with a maul.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Water/electrical with fire based attack combo would be a hellava sweet chronotrigger-esque opening volley.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Outrail posted:

Water/electrical with fire based attack combo would be a hellava sweet chronotrigger-esque opening volley.

I was thinking more DoS2 but yeah same poo poo.

:getin:

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Outrail posted:

I'm sold!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Toughy posted:

I'm sold!

They paid too much!

:v:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Blasphemaster posted:

Are the undead vulnerable to electrified superheated steam clouds? If so any connective tissue is hosed and we can stroll around and have good times with a maul.

I thought he wasn't actually a lich yet. Just a goth kid.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We're more a lich than he is at this point.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

We're more a lich than he is at this point.

We're missing enough tentacle tips from engaging in direct melee.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Dragonfall

”I can get your gold, if you can go get the lich.” Sarga says after a minutes thought.. ”I’ll teleport you in at good range - this will be a undead hunting force, so they won’t be expecting a dragon to appear above them.”
”You’d do that for me?” Raugh almost looked tearful. Could giant reptiles cry?
”You’ll have to live in my vault for a while, but yeah, it would be a risk though.”
”They tried to murder me in my sleep. Revenge it is.” she fully unfurled her wings, the span was greater than Sarga has imagined. ”Any chance of some background music?” Yeah, more teeth than she remembered as well.
”Sure thing.” Sarga said smiling.

”The Tomb of Darn the Oppressor.”

”I thought you said you had a huge undead horde!” Irwin shouted as another arrow flew by his head.
”I do! Biggest horde ever! Their just down in the mines!” Mallus screamed back as he threw bolts of necrotic energy over the ruined wall and into the oncoming troops. His first wave of skeletons had actually seemed to be doing well, until the thrice damned Cleric turned up.

Of course they had sent a cleric after him - and a Paladin! They had planned this well. His minions had turned to dust before his eyes, and now he only had a few ghouls of questionable morale holding the flanks.
The cleric was standing across from him deflecting everything he could put forward. Irwin was trying to snipe him, but the archers had his position pinned down. He hadn’t seen the Paladin in a few min….
The world spins, and there was a pain in his neck.
Darkness.
Light.
Why is his body over there? With the Paladin standing next to it. Oh god, Mallus thought I’ve been decapitated.
He watches as the cleric strides over to the paladin, then a fleeing ghoul kicks his head away from the scene, and he’s left staring at the sky.
So he has a great few of the rent torn into the sky, from which pours some thumping music. From his peripheral vision he can see everyone stop and look skywards at the sound.
Then Raaugh flies through the portal,red scales glistening, and on her back Mallus sees a figure who looks a lot like Irwin.

As expected, a team set up to deal with an undead horde did poorly when a very irate dragon appears right above them, with a Stingray woman on her back firing arrows as fast as she can. Fire streaks across the battlefield as Raaugh lets loose for the first time in decades.
The soldiers try and fight back, but the dragon is to fast and the fires to hot - anyone who even looks to be getting into a good place to take a shot is picked off by Seaglass riding on her back. The Paladin stands his ground, but becomes a fiery beacon in short order.
The Cleric tries to run, but Irwin springs up and takes him down.

The Tomb of Darn the Oppressor is well lit by the time they are finished and the rescue effort lands to pick up their friends.
”Good timing Seaglass.” Irwin says.
”We heard you getting your asses handed to you from all the way over at Raaugh’s place, and thought you needed a hand.” Seaglass smiled as she said so. Then she walked over to where Mallus’ voice could be heard shouting.
”I’m still alive! I did it!”
”Alive? Your heads clean off your body.”
”Okay, okay, I have not crossed over into the realm of death, despite losing my head there for a second. If you could just take me back top my body I will be able to get moving again.”
”Where was your body?” asks Seaglass.
”By the paladin.”
”Oh.” says Raaguh.
”Oh? Oh does not sound good.”
”Oh means “oh, I kind of set fire to everything in that area.”
”Oh.” A quick search of the area showed that Mallus’ body was completely gone, turned to ash and blown into the win.
”Sorry.” Says Raaugh, peering down. ”I wanted to make sure he was properly dead.”
”Gods damnit! Now I have to spend eternity as a skull!”S
”Well, we should deal with this when we get home.” Seaglass commented. ”Sarga should have moved the gold by now.”
”We’re taking holyboy here!” said Irwin. ”For interrogation.”

By the time the returned home, Sarga had teleported the gold, and had the beavers setting up a new dragon sized entrance and hallways from the cave.
Everyone was shellshocked. Their world torn asunder. But they were safe for now.

Bad week for writing. But I got there!

1 - What do we do now?
A - Go raiding, hoping the forces of Good are still tied up clearing the Dark Isle.
B - Lock it down and wait for things to quieten down.
C - Call on Asherah
D - Call on the King and his heir.
E - Something else.

2 - What shall we do with the cleric.
A - Interrogate and turn him into a minion of Asherah
B - Interrogate and kill him.
C - Interrogate, kill and use his body to try and get Mallus walking again.

quote:

Mana = 100/450
2 Manawells 1000/1000, 1000/1000
Gold = 22,580 in the vault at the Sapphire Grotto (plus the dragon's horde, not counted and not ours per say.)
Income per week - 750
Wages per week - 150
Paying the gnome 250 for redirection
Net Per week - 350

Minions -
Seaglass, the Stingray Lieutenant.
Irwin the Stingray Lieutenant.
Asherah - the Hammerheaded “god”
Valen Haardckla, Supervizor.
Krull and Khrol, Seatrolls.
89 Beaverpeople. 15 beaverkids. (lead by Holta.)
19 Vampire Octasquids.
A selection of Bodkin Eels.
6 Mantis-pistol-shrimp man.
12 Crabbersons.
100 refugees.

Well defended entrance.
Spike traps, magical traps, blast doors, loop holes, teleportation zones and a bound sea elemental.
Living quarters - attuned to restore 4 mana a day.
Barracks for 50 people.
Large lab.
A library full or rare books.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

1 C
2 A

We can grow our lich buddy a proper Skeletor body later.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

super sweet best pal posted:

1 C
2 A

We can grow our lich buddy a proper Skeletor body later.

Sounds good to me

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Sure, CA.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
1 C
2 C

A cleric might be a bit harder to sell on the benefits of evil. Also eye for an eye etc.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

1C, 2C indeed. That cleric has it coming.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
1 Call our conversion commander!
2 Cleric creates a convenient corpse!

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

CC

At least the grotto seems to be still hidden.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

B- Lock it down while we interrogate the priest. Better to contact Asherah when we actually have information.

Don’t forget the shielding/non detection spells

Could we turn the priest into our own minion?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
CA

Coral lich!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

AC

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

CA

For those of you voting 2:C, I hope you have some plan to test the Cleric's corpse to make sure that it doesn't purify our lich friend right off its shoulders. He could have been a true believer, after all.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

dont be mean to me posted:

CA

For those of you voting 2:C, I hope you have some plan to test the Cleric's corpse to make sure that it doesn't purify our lich friend right off its shoulders. He could have been a true believer, after all.

Since he was Turning Undead, that seems likely.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

dont be mean to me posted:

CA

Win win imo

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

1C 2A, but with a side of 1D. Let's send one of our lieutenants to check in on our heir. Could get some intel, could see that they've been attacked, and if they try to turn us away and pretend we've never met we can blackmail them with the knowledge that the heir is an abomination and would draw the ire of the angels.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Liquid Cannibalism posted:

1C, 2C indeed. That cleric has it coming.

He only had himself to blame.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Oh and stick a blue shell on him before we off him for laughs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com