Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
[quote="Nephzinho" post=""493323347"5"]

e; GH, have you considered putting together a map for everything? If we're going to continue trying to influence different groups, it may help track the different events occuring in different locations if we had a map to track events over.
[/quote]

Yeah, I should get my rear end into gear and get a map made, I can keep it bare and add to it later.

I'll make that tomorrow's job after the WITW turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

D

Nah you sanctified sanctimonious schmucks, Death Lizard From Above is just part of your weather patterns now.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

An army marching seems like the perfect opportunity for disease and pestilence. Lets be subtle and not do something that gets us highlighted twice in a row.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Grey Hunter posted:

Yeah, I should get my rear end into gear and get a map made, I can keep it bare and add to it later.

I'll make that tomorrow's job after the WITW turn.

Might help us multi-task, as I have seen you somewhat resist that until this current cult/Asherah split.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
E- teleport highly toxic but slow acting mushrooms like deathcaps etc into the armies' soup pots. Small teleports can be easily hidden from the mages in the army and they all need to eat. Some may not eat or be resistant, but all the rest should start collapsing at the same time a couple days later.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
E
Whatever we do, don't do the same trick twice in a row.

Poison is good. Preferably delivered by the Stingrays or cultists instead of more of the teleportation magic we know they can counter now.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Asehujiko posted:

Whatever we do, don't do the same trick twice in a row.

Better yet, use a trick that countermeasures to the first trick will exacerbate.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Hmm. Some good ideas here.

Replicate our Malaria trick from when we were starting out. Let it spread but be sure to distribute cures to our and Asherah's people.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Blasphemaster posted:

Replicate our Malaria trick from when we were starting out. Let it spread but be sure to distribute cures to our and Asherah's people.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

A plague that literally cures itself when you pray to Asherah the correct way.

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo thats genius

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
E

wiegieman posted:

Cone snails hidden in the shells, injecting their wearers with the vaccine/antibacterial. Do the followers still wear shells?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Blasphemaster posted:

That's way too good. But yeah, prayers to Asherah cure it.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Or to Sarga, as our cultists can help spread it too.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Nephzinho posted:

Praying to asherah cures it. Praying to saga let's you spread it.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

wiegieman posted:

Now that's proactive schism-mending.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
And, caught up!

@Grey Hunter: Great LP! Really enjoying it so far, wonderful creativity and world building! Exactly my kind of heresy! :ocelot: :)

It’s especially meaningful to participate as you’re churning this out to improve your writing!

Grey Hunter posted:

E - Something else

Loel posted:

An army marching seems like the perfect opportunity for disease and pestilence. Lets be subtle and not do something that gets us highlighted twice in a row.

Nephzinho posted:

Outrail posted:

Praying to asherah cures it. Praying to saga let's you spread it.

Vote: A combination of these 3 ideas; time to get into the divinity game.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Outrail posted:

Praying to asherah cures it. Praying to Nurgle lets you spread it.

Fixed.

:vomarine:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

Now that's proactive schism-mending.

Turn enemies into allies. I like it.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

wiegieman posted:

Theres our winner.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Prey for Salvation.

Sarga decided it was time for a new tactic. Or an old one, writ new.
She retired to her new labs, and searched for someone with a rather nasty airborne disease. Patient X was kidnapped and transferred to the lab.

The process took two weeks, but Obsidonilla’s death had bought her the time. She had worked in germ warfare before, but this time she was now linking it to the yet poorly understood new magic of belief.
The idea was simple - a plague that only cured itself if you believed in the true religion of Asherah. Following the Imperial cult or any of the other gods would lead to a painful death.
She worked hard, but the first few victims died, not matter how much the believed. Sarga spent thousands on new reagents and equipment, and her men spent a lot of time hunting down new test subjects.
Finally there was a breakthrough. She was able to bind the disease to both her and Asherah, so that praying to either would cure it, but praying to her would actually strengthen the individual.
Making the disease virulent was easy, it was harder to make it slow acting - she wanted people to die slowly, to give them maximum chance to convert - and to spread to more people.
She succeeded, and she strode from her lab with a few vials and a haggard look on her face.
”Take these to to the following locations - the army camp, the city of Kilran, and the capital of Zhogast.” Irwin and Seaglass nodded, and took the vials.
The Army and Zhogast were easy picks, and Kilran was the home of the cult, so it was a good target to gain her some believers.

The infiltration of the virus went off without a hitch, it was simple enough to drop into crowded places and watch it spread.
The first victims died four days later, and more and more were found to be inflicted. The army was hard hit, they had just begun their march towards Zagast when they became to come down with the pustules and blood filled lungs that marked the disease.
After a week, the army had halted a couple of days march from the city, but it had so many sick it could not march on, reports were coming in from almost every city in the empire now.
That was when the priests of Asherah and Scargill began to move into the crowds. The latter moved in more select circles of course, but both were able to show that praying to Asherah as they proscribed worked, people began to get better - in the case of the secret Scargill worshippers, MUCH better. But as they did, more got sick.
Soon the outbreak was known as the Soul Plague.

Panic began to spread amongst the mages, priests and doctors of the Empire. They worked to find a cure, or to find a way to at least harness the belief.
Those who Sarga saw making progress were visited by assassins from either her cult or the Truthers, or some of her troops in the more exposed regions.

Things were going well, after a month the number of people who were switching denominations was increasing - it was proven that belief in him brought salvation. In some cases entire towns and cities mass converted. The empire tried to fight back, but many troops were not willing to die of a horrible disease for their masters.
Then reports came that people in the capital were getting better following the Imperial church. To begin with, it was not sure if it was a rumour, a hope, or the truth, but the stories grew that the Emperor himself was another path to salvation.
Sarga knew she must act. The Emperor was the weakest politically he had ever been, but if he was able to prove he could cure the Soul Plague, the he would be able to enforce the status quo.

That was a fantastic idea, and I’ve had to advance a story plot point to counter it - so well done!

How do we deal with the Emperor?
A - Send in the cult to take him out.
B - Turn the religious uprising into a true revolution.
C - Attack the Imperial Palace yourself.
D - Send in spies to find out more information.
E - Do nothing, they are only rumours.
F - Something else.

quote:

Mana = 85/400 (2/day at the castle)
Gold = 668,450 in the vault at Castle Scrawgill (plus the dragon's horde, not counted and not ours per say.)
Ironworks - produces iron worth 250 a month.
Income per Month - 250
Support costs per Month - 1800
Net Per month - - 1550

Minions -
Seaglass, the Stingray Lieutenant.
Irwin the Stingray Lieutenant.
Asherah - the Hammerheaded “god”
Threen beast eggs.
Valen Haardckla, Supervizor.
Krull and Khrol, Seatrolls.
1249 Lesser minions,
137 trained troops, 176 other militia.
19 Vampire Octasquids.
A selection of Bodkin Eels.

Large Lab.
Medium Library.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

B

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
D, Send in spies to confirm, but begin working on a more virulent strain to deny those rumours either way

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

F. Time for a frame-up. Clearly the Emperor has secretly been a Scargill cultist all along. And spread this disease at his mistress' bidding.

After all, who else would be able to produce a 'cure' on demand?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

CourValant posted:

And, caught up

@Grey Hunter: Great LP! Really enjoying it so far, wonderful creativity and world building! Exactly my kind of heresy! :ocelot: :)

It’s especially meaningful to participate as you’re churning this out to improve your writing!

Meant to reply to this earlier but thanks!
I like to try and do something challenging to myself, and it's good that people can enjoy it!

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

F. All those plague corpses have the touch of magic on them still. Use it to teleport them to the emperor's court or thereabouts. Then Mass Corpse Explosion.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Liquid Communism posted:

F. Time for a frame-up. Clearly the Emperor has secretly been a Scargill cultist all along. And spread this disease at his mistress' bidding.

I really like this option,. but let's start gearing up for B at the same time.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Liquid Communism posted:

This is a good idea.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Liquid Communism posted:

big fan of this one

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Liquid Communism posted:

This and B

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Liquid Communism posted:

Beerdeer posted:

I really like this option,. but let's start gearing up for B at the same time.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Liquid Communism posted:

Perfect.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Grey Hunter posted:

That was a fantastic idea, and I’ve had to advance a story plot point to counter it - so well done!

What have we wrought? Imagine if '1984' has this kind of method; we really shouldn't be giving any future would-be tyrants these types of ideas.

Grey Hunter posted:

How do we deal with the Emperor?

Vote:

Outrail posted:

D, Send in spies to confirm, but begin working on a more virulent strain to deny those rumours either way

Liquid Communism posted:

Plus B - Turn the religious uprising into a true revolution; over throwing the Emperor is 'right and just' given that he is an agent of The Devil!

Grey Hunter posted:

Meant to reply to this earlier but thanks!
I like to try and do something challenging to myself, and it's good that people can enjoy it!

:respek:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

A B and D together, with B taking the earlier idea of the emperor being a cultist as its rallying cry.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
D verify before action.

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

Liquid Communism posted:

I like this plan. Make them turn on each other.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I'll try and get an update out tomorrow, but here is the map so far.

Anywhere else I need to mark?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Grey Hunter posted:

Anywhere else I need to mark?

So, no other nations on the map? The red boundaries are just different provinces/states/what have you?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Nah, I just need to come up with more state names to fill the gaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
That look s nice. For ease of use I'd throw on a red dot or symbol associated with our past disasters/contracts/lairs etc