Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Octobutt squidhead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Oh, voting for Sarga officially. Coulda sworn I already had.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

HiHo ChiRho posted:

1) B - A small bedroom - 5 mana

2) A - large Lab/cell area - 300 Gold

3) B Good equipment - 500 gold

4) C - A channeling room - 10 mana

Yep. So glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

1 B
2 B Crabmen

Ya gotta get some workers before you get dedicated fighters. Every RTS tells us that. And if some early bird hero discovers us we can still give em the claw.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

dont be mean to me posted:

Do we know if the local settlement has plumbing?

It's about to. Unless you want to use a different word for a pervasive water filled set of tunnels filled with nastiness. :cthulhu:

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

A 1 more We've got one more captive and thus wouldn't need to go out. Plus keeping a cushion of mana for emergencies is good practice.

A Gotta make schedule.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

Stupid rude dwarves.

Begin work on an angler fish hybrid to invade the Deephome. Light to blind, jaws to bite.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Anyone who is talking about whales and is not talking about hybridizing them with a horseshoe crab for a giant organic amphibious troop transport is doing monsterology wrong.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

B.

While we're at it, now is a great time to abduct a few more specimens. Everyone witnessed what happened on the beach, even if we have to keep them in a cell for a few days until we have more mana it is a great opportunity to get it for free. More serious heroes are going to arrive next time - this amateur came in over a few missing persons, now there is a verified hero eating monster on the loose and the A team is going to come running. We don't want to have to venture outside while they're around.

Yep. Don't screw up though. If someone sees us and escapes all this has been wasted.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Nothingtoseehere posted:

A2,

B - 1 crab/shrimp as before

NO DARK LIEUTENANT - our skills at corruption and our ability to withstand backstabs are not good enough for that.

This. Make the archer the shrimp.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Prince of Space posted:

have the three crabpeople steal the heroes' horses.

Seahorses!

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

C
Good manager

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Splicer posted:

We can build a big scary monster, have it rampage around for a bit, the king shows up and deals a "lethal blow" only to be killed by the monster's "death spasms".

...and while everyone's watching that we send the crabbersons round to rob the treasury.

We can probably get him to send us some people he doesn't like as spare parts first.

The last monster we built as a fake fight devoured the person who was supposed to defeat it. It's not a great track record with theatrical battles is all I'm saying.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Plus I guarantee the dwarves weren't generous.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Lake, huh? Time for a mosquito-born plague.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Outrail posted:

This all sounds good.

I'm really on board with the idea of some horrific plague wiping out/weakening everyone. While that's happening we can start using some captured peasants and morph them into a small army we can use to mop up the survivors.

Yep Plan Neph minus the gully blocking stuff.

Definitely seems like plague is the way to go. Such a course of action would draw cleric heroes so we should prepare for them. The standard "who will you save, priest?" traps. Also need to look into making a deadly moppet or two. Helpless waif in distress unhinges its jaws and takes the head off whoever "rescues" it.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

It just doesn't seem like we're going to stop up a lake of this size like that. It's at least 400 kilometers around given the number of villages and travel time.

Edit: also the king hired us to protect fish stocks. We shouldn't actually change the aquatic ecosystem that much.

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 22, 2018

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

I advocate not so much a plague as a mass poisoning, spread on the swarms produced by our man/mosquito hybrids.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

C 10,000 is yet another insult given the size of the fort and that it will be actively seiged.

Edit: ^ Yea, that's a good idea. Offer a payment plan if they balk.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

This is also the rare instance where because of the secrecy involved and their lack of willingness to acknowledge hiring us to anyone, we should totally build a back door into this place to sell to the competitor if we don't get a cut of tariffs.

I was thinking we make the place out of living coral and build a networked brain into it. Having the castle itself be loyal to us would be a decent backdoor.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Control could be easy. If the plane is relatively empty have the magic food/water creator only respond to prayers of devotion.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

malbogio posted:

Even if we can kick fecundity up that high for all our minions AND their descendents we’re just going to end up with an army of babies, children, and pregnant minions to support. The only way fecundity helps is if we can magically graft it for a limit of maybe 4 generations. This is presupposing we can affect fecundity at all which has not been confirmed.

Crabs lay eggs and hatch capable.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Splicer posted:

We don't have an our side timescale for the speedyverse. If it's relatively short term then we can build some more minions and then shove them in, if needed. Because it's exponential if we double our input we double our output. A delay of a week of clandestine minioning could turn into several hundred bonus minions and less chance of opening our time portal to find a world of aquatic Hapsburgs. Also, we need to feed and home them. If we get hundreds of minions now with no castle and no-one to fight that's a hell of a logistics problem over getting hundreds of minions in a fully finished castle just before the good guys show up.

Just store them in a slow time plane until we need them. No logistics just more gold.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Prince. Hunter offered us an army, we're gonna take it drat it!

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Couple of ideas:

Red Tide- Control of blood. Draw blood from opponents and create weapons from it. If we're wounded form a shield from our own. Even make the chimerizing of prisoners easier. A versatile and thematic power for Sarga.

Mana Maw- We've been lucky to face physical threats. Being able to devour enchantments and siphon spells would give us an edge vs magical opponents who could otherwise overcome our defenses.

Portal Maker- We've got a lot of minions to move. Being able to set up temporary gateways is a potent logistical advantage.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Tidings
Speak Softly
Obscurity

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

B - Spend the next week using our 10x boosted mana to create an army of sea monsters.

Yep. Also focus on ranged attacks. If I had to take down a water monster, I'd send a flight of battle wizards not another boat.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Flee and plot vengance.

They will have their castle. It will rest on the bottom of the sea with their navy and merchant fleet.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Assuming they didn't pay us, odds are good formal proceedings end up as work. We terrorize them until they cough up the dough. Very satisfying.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Splicer posted:

Let's leave the castle alone but fill in the channel.

Now, which of these was the tricky part...

I like the way you think, friend.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Find a nice plot on the edge of a continental shelf somewhere. Start up a kelp farm and light fishing operation. Get some crabpersons digging.

I have visions of a sprawling complex winding its way down the cliff into the dark. As one goes deeper the hybrid labs get stranger. Finally in the crushing depths, lit by magma pumped from the fault to power our more esoteric experiments, Sarga's throne room, guarded by leviathans too terrible for the sun to behold.

So B

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 14, 2018

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Drop him in a volcano next to the kingdom that betrayed us. Teleport away. Afterwards see how long the magic took to run out of juice by seeing how far the ring of fiery death got.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cowards! Surely the magic can't kill everyone, right? A

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

C. New sea route, new sea god. Bingo bango done. Maybe get some kind of pilgrimage to the Sapphire Isles in there.

Correct.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Name: Asherah, the Celebrant (No fighting that tide)

Manifestation: Mystery cult

Appeal: Festivals and bounty

Contract out on the Dark Isle for the seed cultists. Have groups of them sail into port towns in red-hulled ships, with holds full of strong red wine. Start a bachannal with a propriation of "blood"(wine in the early days) spilled into the waves. Drive schools of fish up from the depths in the days following a party. Recruit liberally and have layers of mystery.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Not read that thread (I know, I know). Just recognize a popular thing. God name is a lot less important than god aspect anyway. The Celebrant, the Red Grin of the Waves, the Heart Tide.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

I like the gill gift (a weregilled if you will) but I worry it doesn't mobilize them for war as easily. We don't have time to wait for natural religious violence, we need it quick. There should be violent element inherent in the faith.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

That's why I like my "parties and extra fish" plan. We're a degree removed.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

1 Deep Mined
2 B Rare!
3 B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Just have the dying thrown into the sea. Bingo bango, presto chango, we send em back with a few more limbs.