Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
Name: Hugh Mann Wizzard

Race: Definitely a human and not three gnome wizards stacked up inside a robe. He's been quite clear on this point. His voice is very squeaky though. And his beard is suspiciously luxurious.

Major: Magic. Hugh demonstrates great aptitude in a number of schools of magic-- more so, in fact, than should ordinarily be possible for one mage. Clearly he is an arcane prodigy of high degree!

Minor: Architecture. The Mathematica Arcane seem easily transferring to dungeon engineering. And anyway, wizards are known to love towers.

Weakness: Combat. Hugh avoided gym class like the plague, and always had a signed note from his mother, Rea Sponsible Adult Wizzard, excusing him from anything that might require him to move at anything faster than a dignified glide.

Dream Job: Tenure. The Dark Lord Fellowship is very competitive, but with a creative enough application...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

The Lone Badger posted:

Then I vote
1 - nothing
2 - Large lab area/cellblock, small bedroom (400 gold) - get some Deep Ones to build our lair. Good, traditional Union craftsmen.
3B We need decent equipment to work our speciality, but blowing half our total net worth is too much. Especially if we turn out to have to flee our crumbling lair vowing revenge.
4C - Investment now reaps dividends later. Only a week and a half to be mana-neutral.

I like this plan.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Grey Hunter posted:

Not until we make them!

That's Rule One of Dungeon Mastering, obviously. You must, on all occasions when you have a hero in your power, cackle and reveal your plans in a suitably villainous fashion, and may not kill the hero until the monologue is complete. :colbert:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

A2, always, always finish the job.

I'm conflicted about B-- more fame means we can get better jobs in the future, plus I really really want to see the dubstep remixes of Sarga's monologue. But LC is right, the job requires nobody outside us and our boss knowing this was anything other than a catastrophic series of natural disasters, and we're building a reputation as a professional operator. So B3, add it to the portfolio.

C, we bind his spirit inside a magical conch shell, astrally sit down with him for the occasional mental torture session, stretch his soul on the rack, pluck out his memories of his children one by one until all that remains is a tortured husk of a man with an encyclopedic knowledge of traps... and then make him our dungeoneering consultant.