Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I respect him so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status/999433405287878656

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah the press release is good, I am sure the Milwaukee Police Union will throw a loving fit.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I am okay with everyone on the warriors starting lineup getting some type of injury that won’t hamper their careers, but will force KD to play with four scrubs against LeBron in the finals.

The punishment he deserves imho.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Weren't a couple posters here getting an nba podcast together?
Nice podcast, Rick ya got my subscription. You sound kinda outta breath like you just got out of the games you're discussing, which adds to my immersion.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

WhyteRyce posted:

warcrimes is great because he stays completely out of N/V until someone says one mean sounding thing about the Warriors, after which he swoops right in

In N/V defense, I think we mock pretty much everything and everyone we can. Except for LeBron, he's off limits.

He's not even remockable.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/CTemp200/status/999435237821112320

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Nice podcast, Rick ya got my subscription. You sound kinda outta breath like you just got out of the games you're discussing, which adds to my immersion.

it was BALL and it was short lived.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

*nods, sagely*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Both will miss the game and the Warriors will win by 20 anyway

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I dabbled in podcasting a loooooooooooong time ago back on the twoplustwo forums. We had a couple of quant guys that worked in the Raptors org, I think around 2010-11.

I thought they were ok. People liked my voice for some reason, but podcasts tend to be way more professionally produced now

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

jackofarcades posted:

We had a couple of quant guys that worked in the Raptors org, I think around 2010-11.

Can I ask their names?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Shocking news from the world of basketball, as Carmelo Anthony is now cool again.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

this is ricks podcast?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPSpmk7S4eg

quote:

Beginning - No sound. Officer paces back and forth. Eventually Sterling Brown walks up toward his vehicle and the officer meets him at the door. "Good evening. Have your driver's license? Back up." He puts his hand on Sterling and Sterling tells him not to touch him.

@1:00 - "Can I get another squad here? Back up!" Sterling: "For what?" Officer: "Are you obstructing me? I just told you to back up."

@1:20 - "Sterling: You touched me first." Officer: "Yeah that's right. I told you to back up. You were trying to get in the car." Sterling: "But don't touch me." Officer: "I'll do what I want, alright? I own this right here." Sterling: "But you don't own me."

@1:45ish - Officer: "What's your name?" Sterling: It's on there. Sterling Brown. Officer: These are easy questions. You're acting all bad rear end. You don't think I see these (IDs) that are faked? (paraphrased)

2 minutes to 12 from /u/nelly_24, bold comments added by me:

2:15 Officer once again acknowledges camera.

2:25 Officer asks for an explanation. Sterling explains "Yeah, I did it for just a minute, I was just trying to be in and out"

3:00 Officer "we're gonna wait. For my partner."

3:25 Sterling "What, you can't [give me a ticket] by yourself?"

3:32 Police car arrives. Then two others arrive. Officer says "I just wanted one" I assume he's refering to the amount of back-up.

4:50 more Officers arriving on scene. "All I wanted was one" "You must not be really busy" the cop says to the other officers.

5:50 Cops are talking to Sterling. Car alarm starts going off.

6:00 Sterling: "I was asking a question and he touched me." to a different officer. Sterling is surrounded by 4 cops.

Sterling seems confused in this period of time. I can't make out the discussion but he's asking "for what?" and "why?"

6:50 Unknown woman exits walgreens and talks to an officer.

7:00 they are looking inside Sterling's car with flashlight.

8:00 now six or seven officers around Sterling.

8:10 Officer yells at sterling "TAKE YOUR HANDS OUT OF YOUR POCKETS NOW." Sterling replies something to the effect of "I'm cold" He's been outside in the winter with a sweatshirt on for 8 minutes. Three officers begin grabbing him.

8:20 Five officers begin wrestling with Brown. "GET ON THE GROUND"

8:25 "Anyone got a taser?"

8:35 Sterling is now on the ground with three (?) officers on top of him. One officer yells "TASER TASER TASER"

8:40 A pop we can assume is the taser shot. Sterling moans in pain.

10:30 they go through Sterling's car.

12:00 they finish. Cop with camera is reading something?

Back to me...

@16:59 - Original officer talking to another cop: "He's like, 'I'm a Bucks payer bla bla bla.' So what?"

@19:20 - audio ends while they are talking after the original officer appears to be fidgeting with the camera. Audio returns about 30 seconds later

@23:00 - Sterling is back with visible bruises.

@23:50 - Sterling: "What are we waiting on?" - Original officer: "We got all night long"

@24:20 - Sterling: "You initiated everything." - Original officer: "No you initiated everything."

@24:50 - Original officer "Bucks player? Sorry, I don't follow the Bucks. I didn't recognize you. Sorry I didn't recognize your famous name." (sarcastically)

@26:00 - Sterling - "You walked up on me." Original Officer: "Don't make that up. It's all on camera (paraphrased)." Sterling: "You're just gonna say that in front of everybody." (the beginning of the video clearly shows the officer approaching Sterling as he walked towards his door)

@27ish - Sterling tells him to look him up and the officer responds with; What have you done? I don't know where to look you up. You been to Mars? You been to the moon? Where are you known at? Illinois? (Illinois supposed to be a crack about Chicago?)

After Sterling returns, the original officer spends the next five minutes antagonizing him, essentially saying he hasn't accomplished anything and saying that video will prove that he is in the right. The whole time that the officer is jawing with a handcuffed man who has just gotten detained, no other officer speaks up or says anything. They just let this guy talk smack to a detained man.

In my opinion, this is a case of a cop instigating and elevating an unnecessary situation and completely overstepping appropriate behavior. The cop felt threatened by a taller, athletic black man and instigated contact. He called for backup when it was a simple parking violation. Then after Sterling is tazed and cuffed, he starts to act like a tough guy. The way he repeatedly told Sterling he was a nobody leads me to believe the idea of a millionaire black athlete angers him.

so some dude on reddit transcribed the video of sterling brown and holy poo poo

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The only good cop is a dead cop

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Hahah, I won't ruin the immersion then, thank you!

Ramadu posted:

this is ricks podcast?

It's not good you don't have to listen.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Ramadu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPSpmk7S4eg

so some dude on reddit transcribed the video of sterling brown and holy poo poo
jesus loving christ
not that it's news to me but wow cops are loving psychopathic animals

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Imagine standing with law enforcement

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
what's worse with the lady who was apparently proven to have been falsifying poo poo a bunch of stupid hicks will be touting that at the same time this poo poo is coming out. "DO THE INNOCENT OFFICERS GET AN APOLOGY???" gently caress off n die

you can just feel the pure hatred

quote:

@16:59 - Original officer talking to another cop: "He's like, 'I'm a Bucks payer bla bla bla.' So what?"
@24:50 - Original officer "Bucks player? Sorry, I don't follow the Bucks. I didn't recognize you. Sorry I didn't recognize your famous name." (sarcastically)
well I guess it's kind of like a Yahoo Answers comment section for college basketball (or anything?)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Brown’s statement
https://twitter.com/thatnegus_sb/status/999413933021847552?s=21

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
So I saw someone who looking quite a bit like Karl Anthony Townes driving a Mercedes SVU about 60 in a 65 zone in Eden Prairie today yaking on the cell phone. I'd give it a 20% chance of actually being KAT.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
those cops are pussies

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m impressed that he bothered to lie about the camera vindicating him.

Like at that point why bother

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

he 100% thinks he is in the right at all times because everything about our society says cops are infallible unconditionally.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

to be fair to the cop, sterling brown is black and if thats not initiating it what is

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Punkin Spunkin posted:

what's worse with the lady who was apparently proven to have been falsifying poo poo a bunch of stupid hicks will be touting that at the same time this poo poo is coming out. "DO THE INNOCENT OFFICERS GET AN APOLOGY???" gently caress off n die

you can just feel the pure hatred

well I guess it's kind of like a Yahoo Answers comment section for college basketball (or anything?)

Well Well Mister LE BRON... sorry I didn't know your FAMOUS NAME!

----
Coach K Sucks!
Jim Valvetto for President!
Go University of Vermont Cargoyles!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CharlestheHammer posted:

The hope was the camera would never be released.

Which usually is what happens

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

iospace posted:

The hope was the camera would never be released.

Which usually is what happens

The only people there are the cops and the victim.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CharlestheHammer posted:

The only people there are the cops and the victim.

I don't see how that counters what I'm saying. I'm saying in most instances like this, the camera footage never gets released, or if it does, it's months down the line like this.

You can usually tell if the cops hosed up if they drag their feet on releasing the footage.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Following the comments on the bucks twitter led me to finding out about the nfl. lol.

Glad I stopped following that poo poo.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Tae posted:

Following the comments on the bucks twitter led me to finding out about the nfl. lol.

Same

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Tae posted:

Did you know that NBA players aren't allowed even the OPTION of staying in the locker room for the national anthem? Which league is racist now (Being a jerk, but it's true)

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Did you know that NBA players aren't allowed even the OPTION of staying in the locker room for the national anthem? Which league is racist now (Being a jerk, but it's true)

The NBA part was negotiated into the CBA, so the NBA actually had the players agree to it, as opposed to the owners deciding what an appropriate demonstration gets to be,

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dejan Bimble posted:

The league let players where those Can't Breath shirts during warm-ups. Can you imagine the poo poo storm if NFL players tried that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

iospace posted:

I don't see how that counters what I'm saying. I'm saying in most instances like this, the camera footage never gets released, or if it does, it's months down the line like this.

You can usually tell if the cops hosed up if they drag their feet on releasing the footage.

It doesn’t matter if it gets released he was there he saw it

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

WhyteRyce posted:

The league let players where those Can't Breath shirts during warm-ups. Can you imagine the poo poo storm if NFL players tried that

The rams came out of the locker room with their hands up as a “hands up don’t shoot” protest and the St. Louis police demanded an apology.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Pigs are the biggest babies

Your job requires no skill, is not dangerous, and you have Carte Blanche to kill people quit whining you little jackbooted bitch

:qq: waaaaa I'm a big fat pig and the Brown People are tired of me abusing them why don't they just obey my uneducated inbred rear end :qq:

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 24, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

boop the snoot posted:

The rams came out of the locker room with their hands up as a “hands up don’t shoot” protest and the St. Louis police demanded an apology.

holy poo poo lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

imagine saying something controversial like I Would Like To Live and having some grown rear end adults with an obscene amount of power feel super offended and have a temper tantrum about it

• Locked thread