Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
East:
(1) TOR over (8) WAS in 7
(7) MIL over (2) BOS in 7
(3) PHI over (6) MIA in 7
(4) CLE over (5) IND in 5

West:
(1) HOU over (8) MIN in 5
(7) SAS over (2) GSW in 7
(3) POR over (6) NOP in 6
(5) UTA over (4) OKC in 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

euphronius posted:

This has probably been the best first round ever
Right now, I'd still give it to 2014 with Lillard's go-ahead, series-clinching buzzer beater and five Game 7s, but there is still some room for improvement because IIRC, those Game 7s were underwhelming overall.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
So all that stands between CP3 and the conference finals are a rookie guard and Ricky Rubio.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

MourningView posted:

Sonics Lost Causers who are still mad at OKC are the saddest basketball fans
And they'll always post in the playoffs because they don't have a team to follow during the reg season

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I respect the pettiness tbh
It was funny the first time, but now I'm imagining these people as either white-knuckle, tears-streaming angry about the whole move or more likely, someone who merely feels obligated to make their half-assed, yearly shitpost in the NBA thread, so a waste either way

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Cool Buff Man posted:

Did anyone post that Ernie Grunfeld got an extension? I feel kinda bad for Wizards fans, it's like some permanent limbo
I think we're on the downswing for the Wall/Beal Wizards, they feel like a 30-win team for next year.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I’m predicting the opposite, actually

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Rick posted:

Naw it's the "responding to the coworker/family member/tweet/youtube comment that they on this web forum instead" for some reason, which happens a lot. It's bad although during the playoffs almost impossible to push back against.
With virtually every poster thinking that a GSW title was inevitable this year, the NBA N/V thread basically functioned as a safe space for mocking Warriors fan culture and calling KD a shook bitch (I thought that poo poo was great)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

zoux posted:

Also loving the wildly shifting narratives that happen after every game. CAVS ARE COOKED, NO WAIT THEY'RE UNSTOPPABLE, AUGH NO THEYRE TERRIBLE AGAIN
I am fully expecting the Warriors to crush Houston's throat tonight :smith:

• Locked thread