Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
God drat I just saw the Pop news :( :(

This is still one of the funniest sports things I've ever seen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2LRDO4jiBo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So from what I gather, Donovan Mitchell is the best player in the NBA?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for nothing, Stan!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Henchman of Santa posted:

He's the only guy that's gotten us to the playoffs in the last decade

That Blake contract is also gonna be an albatross unless he can miraculously stay healthy for the duration of it. I'm sure that there was pressure from Gores to get a big-name player for the new arena though so gently caress him too.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
*looks at past few pages*
uhhh.... so, how about those Rockets? Tough loss right?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

7. NBA ringer . Mostly bad. Bad voices and not so in depth.

Yeah it's incredibly lovely most of the time, I had to unsubscribe because I was just skipping almost all the episodes. Thanks for the list, I'll look into a couple of the ones that I hadn't heard of.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Any word on the Pistons front office search? I guess with no first round pick it's not extremely pressing right now but it'd be nice to get them in place so they can move on to finding a coach.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So now LeBron is amazing again and Brad Stephens is no longer a coach you'd rather have than a superstar, amazing how narratives can shift in a week.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:shrug:
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/999356265573777408

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

iospace posted:

The hope was the camera would never be released.

Which usually is what happens

cops just need to get better at bashing in their bodycam when they get close to their victims, bing bing boom problem solved it was the scary black man who broke all the cameras and somehow ended up beaten/dead :toot:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"negative outcomes are inevitable!"

jesus loving christ that statement pisses me off

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I hope he stays healthy for another decade+

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Quizzlefish posted:

If LeBron loses to a super team in finals this year and some talking head says he's not the GOAT because of his finals record I'm going to have an aneurysm.

I've been hearing this horshit talking point when I've got sports radio on in the car for a couple weeks now and it drives me loving insane.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

triple sulk posted:

dirk went off that series and also old jason terry

yeah that was a great finals series, Tyson Chandler played pretty well too IIRC. Dirk was just loving unstoppable though.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

boop the snoot posted:

So the 27 year old Lebron James was stoppable you say?

yes. Dirk, Terry, Chandler and Kidd all played well, Dirk especially, and the bench stepped up as needed.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

:stare:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

R.D. Mangles posted:

what kind of sick world are we living in where this is going on and yet ESPN is making us listen to mark jackson
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1000420142973669376

more of this, please

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

BWV posted:

Boston should blow it up.

the last explosions in Boston didn't go so well....

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
sorry for your loss, Zyla I was rooting for the Celts but otoh LeBron is the GOAT and I love watching him play

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
it will never not be amazing how LeBron can make a fantastic game for most other players look downright pedestrian.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao the aces are coaches by bill laimbeer

So do they just constantly mug the opposing team and get into fights, or....?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

cisneros posted:

The Nets were way worse

yeah, this team was bad too

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That Nets team the next year was a very, very gross looking roster too outside of Kidd and Jefferson, though.

The Lakers were extremely good but man they got a pair of cupcakes those two years.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dexo posted:

Uh wasn't Mutumbo defensive player of the year that year.

That Philly team requires AI for offense. But was stout as poo poo on defense.

That's closer to the 2011 Bulls team where Rose was the offense, but they had good defensive players behind him.

True but when you're going up against prime Kobe, prime Shaq in addition to a bunch of quality role players, you need more than just AI scoring.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Probably Magic posted:

Zyla is probably hella drunk, to be fair.

I got some very angry PMs :smith:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I saw some people on Twitter still trying to argue that Kobe is better than Bron. loving KOBE. It triggered me very much.

yeah I saw kobe's tweet too.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Paul Zuvella posted:

LeBron James.

e: lmao some dumbass homer is on Bill Simmons podcast and called the tatum dunk on Lebron a "torch pass" Yo dumbass he is gonna be your 4th best player next year smdh.

lmao yes that's how it works, you dunk on the greatest player in history and then you get to be the greatest player in history next.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
has anyone told Chris Paul to rub some dirt on it?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Metapod posted:

zyla are you still melting

i still feel bad that my stupid joke sent zyla off the deep end last night :(

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 29, 2018

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

BWV posted:

on the other hand i knew what I was doing when I said "Boston should blow it up" and I'm happy you spiked it so nicely he melted down.
at least his probation ended quickly enough to watch his Warriors.

i don't feel bad about the joke, but i like zyla and they are really mad at me if the PMs I got last night are any indication.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ghost Dog posted:

post the pms/cinny buns

nah

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

mormonpartyboat posted:

reply with this

lmao i'm not that mean

....yet

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MattOswaltVA/status/1001308344458473474

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Paracaidas posted:

Rumor has it he was only at the home games because he didn't want to return to the scenes of his crimes.

lmao

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Translation: The Rockets are the first team to gently caress up so bad

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It really kinda annoys me a little how people are just saying "Well why don't you just shoot better?" while completely ignoring the number of variables that go into allowing that to happen. That's literally the only thing I'm even moderately salty about at this point.

they missed a boatload of uncontested shots, dude.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
i'm not saying losing CP3 wasn't a huge detriment but god drat that 2nd half was a complete mess by any standard.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And one of the biggest factors in missing uncontested shots is fatigue. Losing an elite player on both sides of the ball increases fatigue for a shitload of reasons. Still not a valid response.

To be clear I'm not saying the Rockets did the best they were capable of so I'm pretty sure we literally agree and are just somewhat debating a chicken and egg type deal really.

you are being intentionally dense about this. "fatigue" does not excuse shooting 1 for 30 from 3 in the 2nd half with one player from your rotation gone, i don't care who it is. and again, plenty of those shots were uncontested.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Whether they are contested or not literally makes no difference if a player is gassed. Why do you think game 7s are often a bit of a slog for both teams? People are loving gassed.

Did the Rockets play like poo poo? Yes. Did losing the team's most key two way player (not best necessarily) play a factor in that for more than just the literal direct impact of replacing him with another player? Also yes.

I never said losing CP3 wasn't a big problem, in fact i agreed with it. Still doesn't excuse them shooting ~3% from three in the second half.

Anyway,

I haven't played basketball in years but I might need to make a special trip to Philly just to see if I can get Joel to dunk on me :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Really makes you :thunk:
https://twitter.com/BobbyBigWheel/status/1001504068500631554

• Locked thread