Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Pop's secrit plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
important harden news from the GQ piece

quote:

Harden was always basketball-obsessed, but as a kid growing up in Compton, he was also paunchy and asthmatic and, as we know, candy-obsessed. He loved Trolli before he even knew what it meant to love. His high school coach used to bribe him with fast food if he got to the free-throw line at least six times in a game.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

aBagorn posted:

Here's a thing. If someone wants to post a new thread for keeping track of results or whantont go for it

https://www.nbabracketology.com/group/view/13303

password is kdisasnek

DMCrimson posted:

Is anyone planning an NBA playoffs Bracketology for the thread like we did last year?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

IcePhoenix posted:

Game of Zones did a bonus episode I guess

https://streamable.com/cenj1

This one is actually good so I have hope for this season again

heh.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Cool Buff Man posted:

You should hear the sports talk radio shows around here, the most prevalent line of Celtics coverage is an ongoing "WHY AL HORFORD ISN'T WORTH THE MAX" rant

This is why I don't have any friends that I can watch basketball with

Horford confuses people because he gets max money and scores uh, 14 PPG. Which does feel a little weird. But he also might be the single best glue guy in basketball and that's not really quantifiable.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Strawberry Panda posted:

Would you say he's a super glue guy?

Hell Fricken Yeah

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Daryl Morey AMA

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/8c1x8q/im_daryl_morey_general_manager_of_the_houston/

On what the Knicks to do to stop sucking:

quote:

There is a common denominator to all their issues...
:drat:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Raptors win today or I suck my own dick.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

The Glumslinger posted:

Sounds like a happy ending either way

It's a win win.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

CRISPYBABY posted:

Raptors win today or I suck my own dick.

Looks like I don't have to work on my flexibility after all.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

dokmo posted:

People are seriously underestimating the trainwreck and/or entertainment potential of a Stackhouse hiring.

mY body is Ready

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Real excited for the hot takes when Lebron gets knocked out in the first round after 69 years of making the finals

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Lol at Shaq thinking it's the other people who are the moronic celebrities

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

zoux posted:

You ever get crossed up so bad an international shoe concern made a major ad campaign about it
https://twitter.com/ChampagneChonny/status/985726799526223872

Capitalism made something good today.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
https://streamable.com/uc5xi

lmao

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
imagine hearing pop talk for years about how life is bigger than basketball and then being a baby when mentions that politics might be bigger than basketball.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

WhyteRyce posted:

Instead of understanding the message that Pop is trying to convey and looking within myself and thinking about the people I support and why and what that says about me, I'm just going to get mad about my feelings being hurt.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Pretty sure you mean 2015 All Star and member of the No. 1 Seeded Atlanta Hawks, Jeff Teague.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

You ain't gotta tell me that

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

triple sulk posted:

anime is good

Video reenactment of Lebron vs the Warriors, 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ZeD40Rg8A

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

RaySmuckles posted:

who are the lakers giving up to get kawhi in this situation?

No one, they got salary room for two maxes. Although I don't think they can pay Randle if they do that.

lmao that they have that much cap room and are still paying Deng 18 million.

e: oh i totally forgot that they'd have to trade for Kawhi, i'm an idiot.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 17, 2018

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Rick posted:

You only have to match salaries if both teams are over the cap.

E: Or rather, only the team over the cap has to worry about incoming salary.

I honestly forget about this rule so much because I feel like 99% of trades involve a team going over the cap.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Toronto needs to sweep Washington to break the Paul Pierce curse. And we're off to a not bad start.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Drunk Canuck posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dB7Fmpp5r8

These guys are loving kidders

4:25 for the Good Content. Just watch the whole thing, Team Friendship needs more bandwagoners.

Friendship ball is pure and powerful.

Unless you're Dwight Howard and Glen Davis, in which case it's the opposite of that.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'm excited for the Pels because Anthony Davis deserves to have good things happen to him.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I mean that explains why Bledsoe is playing imaginary defense on him. How can he know who that is? He doesn't even see him out there!

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Hand Knit posted:

That's because the finals are coming to Toronto.

Dap it up

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

creamcorn posted:

He did it without steroids too, truly an inspiration.

Do we know that yet? Rookie who leads team in scoring and has the poise of not a rookie..... is he on Michael's Secret Stuff? Truly a question to consider.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Hahahah

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Remember when people thought that Whiteside had gotten over being a headcase?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

that boy ain't right

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Hoping the Raptors remember how to play before Sunday, but because I'm a pessimist it's a little hard to imagine right now.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Lockback posted:

I speak truths wrapped in only mild straw-manning.

This is awesome and makes me like Covington even more. I had ball pythons that I had to get rid of as I was moving and the new apartment wouldn't allow snakes. I miss those guys.

Danny Green to Sixers confirmed

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Carlosologist posted:

the neural net is the gift that keeps on giving, and Baroque pieces really fit the NBA well

Lmao

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I am a Toronto fan and life is Hell.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Dejan Bimble posted:

Boozer seems like the final star player in the classic power forward mold

To be fair, they might be 1a and 1b. Z-Bo aged more gracefully IMO.

Maybe Randle develops into in all star and we look dumb talking about the death of the traditional power forward, iunno. I think there's still a room for that skillset, the hard part is having the kinda body to bang and get boards while also being able to defend at the 3 point line and be nimble enough for switches.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 23, 2018

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
The accident was that he thought he was on his burner account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

alansmithee posted:

So how good is Adams? I swear sometimes it seems like he is probably the second best player on that team, but dude disappears a lot of the time too. I really think he needs to be featured more, but the whole team is just flummoxed now.

I see him as a more active Tyson Chandler which can be a pretty drat valuable role, but the offence is gonna come and go depending on who he's playing with/the gameplan.

• Locked thread