Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/862890220227710977?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Still pretty bummed the spurs got the warriors instead of the blazers so we could watch lma smash his old team but I guess this'll make kawhi bursting out of the locker room with a folding chair during halftime of game 1 all the more satisfying

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/spurs/status/985616737377775616
King Joffrey got better poo poo to do. I get it.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Oh Kawhi's out too??
Word....word...
Maybe we can trade him to the Cavs for George Hill and every first rounder they're allowed to give us into perpetuity

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
If you'd told me a year ago I'd have a more positive impression of LMA than Kawhi going into the 2018 playoffs......
If he re-signs it's all forgiven but poo poo...I wonder how Kawhi not being on the Spurs might affect Pop's long term plan sticking around as well. I seem to remember he promised to stick around for all of LMA's tenure but I'm not sure how the team pivots if they've got to make a Kawhi trade.
Kawhi for RoCo, Brett Brown, Saric, and Half of Ben Simmons (Sixer's choice of which half of the season he plays for them) for the next six seasons. Make it happen.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Lance Stephenson's basketball existence continually fills me with joy and then instantaneous regret once I remember he's a Pretty Bad Guy off the court
To be a Jailblazer loving kid again....

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Cavs get swept, LeBron demands trade to Spurs to play for Woke Coach, Lil Bro Murray, Dancing Danny Green, and the Towel Gang. Bye Gilbert.
Kawhi's perfect for Ohio and the high profile cultural jewel known as Cleveland would definitely help him with shoe deals.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Two seasons and we'll throw in Tim Duncan's Punisher knee brace for Embiid. He'll play till he's 40!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
if it turns out he was just doing that, doesn't that seriously tarnish his image as a player? people go after Vince and LeBron for moments of supposedly "quitting" on their teams, but this would be on a completely different level of severity and timespan.
oh great that just means lowered trade value anyway

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It's gonna be really funny when he just shrugs and re-signs with a blank look on his face like he has no idea anyone ever thought it was in question or that there was an entire industry of speculation based on it.
"But I said I wanted to retire with the Spurs. :geno:"

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Mandrel posted:

Never trust basketball stars with no personality. We project on them an identity of quiet humble dutiful basketball robot hero who would never betray us, then they turn out to be just stupid, well handled, or boring, or whatever. Not every awkward introvert is Tim Duncan.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

zoux posted:

Look it's simple. If Kawhi leaves, Lebron is coming to San Antonio, case closed

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 16, 2018

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Pop go on chapo

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
All I got out of that is that I want a remake of Junior but with Patty and Manu. Stop wasting time on space jam 2 or Uncle Drew. Get moving HEB Studios.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Metapod posted:

I would rather have an all-time switchy guy than 2 good switchy guys

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Pop run for governor
President Pop would create fully automated wine communism
I want my state wine

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

imagine if standout playoff performers dwyane wade, jimmy butler, and rajon rondo were on the same team
...woah

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The noise Nate Duncan makes on the new playoffs roundup at like 51:38 legitimately had me startled and shook
Dude sounds like a dead baby ghost sometimes

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

RaySmuckles posted:

as a spurs fan, kawhi leaving for LA would be worse than durant signing with GSW.

LA is the ultimate enemy of the spurs
I dunno the Lakers thing has been over for me for ages, they've just kinda been objects of pity or mockery for the last x seasons.
and imho it had a final series that was the perfect punctuation on that rivalry:

(especially also as one last chance to make a steve nash/pringles team miserable again! :discourse:)

Plus Timmy matched Kobe's rings and proved he was always the better man with how he went out.
The End.

Gotta be the Warriors for me. It's not that much more recent (in the sense lakers spurs is mostly a 2000s thing anyway) and besides what they did to Kawhi is way worse than .04's memories. A healthy playoff Kawhi would have been a happy Kawhi. :qq:

Wanna see the timeline where Dwight stayed in LA...would've been funny....

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
He's the Roman Polanski of basketball though
Who says their favorite movie is Chinatown

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Ben Simmons AND Slo Mo?
An Unstoppable Team!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I think I missed this
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/04/17/report-kawhi-leonard-spurs-agree-on-rehab-program-that-his-him-away-from-team/
guess it's time to stop Kawhi speculation and articles forever
thank you doc rivers

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Spacebump posted:

lol, first it was WOJ just makes up stories because the mean ole' spurs won't leak any info to him. Now the sacbee is fake news. Next the offseason trade announcement will be lies.
don't get too excited

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
did javale always play lookin like he's about to cry? i guess he's just tired but it's bumming me out

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Just a reminder you should be watching this every morning when you wake up. I'd do the Riddick meme thing but gently caress it who cares this is just dope. (behind the scenes posting!!!!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig5fN6XVq-4

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

MourningView posted:

Anytime it's not anime it's about as close to a win as you're going to get here is what I've decided
That's very anime of you

Basketball and dragon ball are a marriage made in heaven. Much like Goku and Islam (look it up!!)

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Warriors fans finishing the full mutation into Laker Ringzzzzzboys
Not that they even have that many :smug: popcountingfingers.gif

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Did Zachary Harper and the basketball friends sign a suicide pact before the playoffs or something?
RIP

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Thx. I swear those stupid hoary hos never even put out a sign they were moving on any of their podcasts I'm subscribed to. I've been missing hours of now outdated bball content. Get better at your poo poo y'all.

P.s. I've got a completely real person source that definitely isn't the sort of bullshit someone would completely fabricate who wants to say "San Antonio’s hoary Holy Grail has lost its luster"
Lol

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Jacque Vaughn will rise again

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

So if we assume that NBA teams and their players possess a unique cultural identity in general that makes them cool and good draws people to become invested fans in them, then Steph Curry and the Warriors would be the exact opposite of this identity, no?
Lame/white people, Laker fans, and children also need a team to root for :shrug:
That confluence of hokey/honky Ellen pandering bullshit and sociopathic Silicon Valley gibberish hits the American sweetspot

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Anyway who could hate the greatest shooter of all time

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I was talking about White Chocolate not Peja or Reggie, duh
"Greatest" as in he shot the best heat check threes even if they rarely went in

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Those wild beautiful dumb rear end shots were basically the shining lights of my childhood alongside stone cold Steve Austin, AI stepping over Ty Lue, Sheed, and n64

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Brad Stevens is a coach

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
This could all be solved, like most things, with an expansion team in buffalo

Omar Asik
Joakim Noah
Jeff Green
Kyle Singler
Denzel Valentine

The "twin towers of buffalo" would usher in a new stage of new york basketball
And once the raptors throw Kyle Lowry into the expansion draft,,, welllll, you got yourself a basketball team (technically speaking)
Pastor MJ could coach.
The buffalo banshees will free all imprisoned players or all those deserving of a second chance. The only man stopping this from happening is the scoundrel Adam silver.
Anyways this post might a totally silly delusional childish fantasy cuz there's no way bron would give up Cavs former second option Jeff green

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The warriors and celtics perform a coach swap. How much better or worse are the Boston celtics?
(10 points)

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"Who would you rather do coke with" is a good rule of thumb for truly great coaches
Quin Snyder, Pat Reilly, Nellie, etc

Brad Stevens would be a total buzz killer. I hate to say it but most likely he'd have some sort of very comical slapstick pratfall and knock over the coke tray. Then he'd say something stupid about Len bias and we'd all just roll our eyes.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"Kobe was over there crying with tears running down his face, I remember he was crying like the little ho that he is" :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Guys the more I think about it the more I think the Rockets have almost no chance. I mean I won't be too salty because I honestly just wanted to see CP3 get to the WCF, and who's gonna talk poo poo about them losing to the most absurd superteam ever, but I just... don't have hope.

:(
:twisted:

• Locked thread