Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I feel like he did the best he could with that roster. They really need to get out of the Batum contract and find somebody halfway decent to pair with Kemba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/UziVerd/status/984273595105988610?s=19

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Barry Sanders would be like Russell Westbrook combined with the grace of George Gervin with a polite attitude and medium length haircut

And the size of Isaiah Thomas

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rick posted:

The last time a team as inexperienced as the Sixers made the finals was the Nets in 2002 (I mean in actual years played in the league of primary players, I'm not doing the math but the Nets were probably older). The interesting thing that happened there is the best player in the conference was Iverson, and the Sixers ended up going down in the first, finishing a sort of slow, season long collapse of that team. That left a bunch of good-not-great teams around and the Nets were able to break the normal "young teams get hosed up in the playoffs even if they're good" rule.

I'm not sure the East is quite as dire now as then, although then again maybe we'll look back at it that way.

E: Although "good not great" is probably a bit polite for teams like the Hornets or Pistons that made it to the second round that year.

Didn’t the Nets have like 49 wins that year? The East was pretty bad. The Pistons hadn’t really gelled yet until 2003, and that team wound up getting swept by the same Nets in the ECF

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Elfrid shooting 60% from the floor next year

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/mikefinger/status/985217032936304640?s=21

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bobby Digital posted:

When did Mose Schrute sign for the Heat?

They drafted him and gave him a huge contract in that weird salary cap year

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
People forget that Raymond Felton's ex-wife changed her last name to Raymondo-Felton

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

He meant to say "anime is blood"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Please tell me this is a bad/good joke

It’s a quote from that article about Trump supporting Spurs fans who think Pop is too mean to our big wet boy

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Oh poo poo. What happened?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Apparently been sick for a while. I can't believe he's been coaching.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/986762364019204102?s=19

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

That was...pretty poorly handled by the press

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

drat, do you think the reason why Pop has been sharing his critique of the country and trying to spread a message of empathy and compassion is because of his wife's illness?

that is so drat sad

No I’m pretty sure it’s because our country has descended into complete barbarism

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

that's kinda what I was getting at, since the fact that coaches are typically reserved jerks makes it so that sharing political positions are difficult. So I imagine that with his wife's illness probably made him want to say what he needed to say because what's the point if you have these beliefs and no one hears them

He’s been talking like that about Trump since the election. I don’t think his wife has been sick for a year and a half.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Also reporters take note about asking that question last instead of trying to throw a strategy question out afterward

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

morestuff posted:

Or just don’t put a player in that position at all

Generally yeah, it’s not a great position to put them in and I would probably save it for the press conference and not on the floor. LeBron is more experienced with media than pretty much anybody on earth so he’s an extremely rare case where you can get away with that.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/theonion/status/986763874706907141?s=21

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I like watching the Brow ruin people’s nights

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

blue squares posted:

I googled Thom Browne suits and I hope the Cavs show up next game in this:

The middle one would have been Isaiah’s

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/pablotorre/status/988059515710070784?s=21

Jota posted:

utah just getting into the 90s makes sense

A show that often revolves around a cafe is risqué for them

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The 2000s Jazz ruled and they kicked the Pistons’ rear end every time we played

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

Most of these guys are bad

For international ball just having a ton of NBA guys is probably a good thing though, but I guess we’d have to compare marginal NBA players to ACB stars.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

Maybe they can get a bronze or something but I can tell you that as a USA fan I do not fear an Exum/Maker pick and roll.

No one is saying they would beat the US but every other country is effectively going for Silver unless Larry Brown is coaching

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

zoux posted:

The craziest thing about him is that he's 24

That's wild but not as wild as Derrick Favors being 26.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RCarr posted:

Not that it would have mattered, but shouldn’t they have reviewed that goal tend? Or they couldn’t because the whistle didn’t blow?

They can only review it if they called it a goaltend on the floor

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/JPeterlin/status/989321074524352512?s=19

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm a huge dumbass because I didn't feel like watching any more basketball and I saw the Thunder were down 25 and the Wolves-Rockets game was close.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That was some bodybuilding.com poo poo. Shaq definitely doesn’t understand working out 3.5 days per week.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

He had obviously been crying recently when he went on TV and most people don't know about his brother or it being the anniversary of his daughter's birth and death so they assume he's crying because the thunder lost. I feel really awful for the poor guy

Wait did something happen to his brother? Who loving cursed Royce Young?!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

He's in the hospital after a serious brain injury and just had surgery

Christ. I hope he pulls through and that OKC has incredible therapists. I still think about his daughter’s story and that loving picture of them all from time to time.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Seattle is a cool city and I hope they get a team again but bitter Sonics fans aren’t allowed to embrace it

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah all those 69 year olds and people from Waterloo too with something awful forum accounts lol

Mr. Mambold is one of our best

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
People talk about how hard it is to lose a team but I've been praying for someone to take the Lions away for years and free me from them

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Uh we blame him too bud

Oklahoma City is a bunch of clowns for handing over all the money to those assholes, but that's basically standard operating procedure for you republican chuds *lights tap water on fire*

And I don't want to steal anyone elses team or become a pawn in the game of playing cities off each other to grift for the rich

The West Coast, well known for not catering to the rich

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

Lance is fun. If your team isn't going to win (which is everyone but the Warriors for the next few years), you might as well be fun.

The Warriors might not win the West this year

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

ok fine then james harden is a fraud and lebron is the real mvp

This pleases the round table

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mr. Mambold posted:

His beloved Spurs. Bashez is a better writer than that hack.

Are you suggesting Shea Serrano, who once wrote Kawhi Leonard erotica, isn't an objective reporter?!

OzFactor posted:

I really like Shea Serrano as a person but I feel like his stuff gets more and more unreadable by the day. I feel like he's actually a good writer that is trying way too hard to fit the house style. *thinking* No it's exactly that. (Here's a thought that does not in any way need this ridiculous parenthetical stage whisper aside nonsense.) (And here's another one for some reason.)
That's not house style, that's just his regular writing voice. Basketball and Other Things is the same way.

I've said it before but I think the worst thing for his writing was getting a staff position. I'm glad he's feeding his family but having to come up with something silly every week rather than only writing something truly inspired has diminishing returns. That and he's probably burnt out from books.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

stromile swift is an all-time checks every box except knowing how to play basketball guy

He was great in video game form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Arne Duncan at the point

• Locked thread