Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Ben Simmons hits the first three pointer of his career: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhc1u9BlvtU/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

dokmo posted:

don't encourage floppers

'simulators'

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

dokmo posted:

Utah's offense looks like moist poo poo when they play big. Derek favors is in the corner and guys are playing off him like he's asking them for spare change. Their pick and roll looks like the three stooges trying to go through a doorway at the same time.

These thoughts brought to by watching games days after they happen and no one to discuss them with.

Speaking of watching games days after they happened, I just watched Lebrons game 2 first quarter. Jesus Christ. If he had the energy to do that all game.... Just wow. It was pure basketball dominance.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

I hope LeBron sees this

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

ESPN posted:

The Raptors had not lost consecutive home games since dropping Games 3 and 4 of the second round to Cleveland last May.

LOL

E: The KOL roundtable is gonna be busy tonight.

Quizzlefish fucked around with this message at 02:13 on May 4, 2018

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Ghost Dog posted:

kanter is still salty about a lebron tweet from the start of the season

To be fair, not much interesting has happened to him since then.

If LeBron tweeted about something to do with me I'd be talking about it for 20 years.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
That's only 6 years ago. That makes me feel old.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

What a jerk

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Is it too late for the warriors to sign Josh Smith?

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Lockback posted:

Oh man, these last few pages. I feel like I have to post this very frequently but Klay Thompson taking less money does not change how much NBA players as a whole get paid at all. NBA players get ~50% of the BRI regardless if everyone has a max or a minimum contract. Klay taking $50 million less means $50million gets spread out among every other player over that time. They use a escrow/refund system to ensure this.

The money Klay is saying Lacob is just tax that goes to owners not over the cap. So money from one billionaire is not going to another billionaire.

It's not anti-labor (The Union negotiated this and Labor is getting exactly the same). The only thing it affects is the competitiveness of the game, so if you want to be outraged, be outraged about that. You don't need to dress it up in some class war bullshit. There are WAYYY better hills to die on, this is not one of them.

Also, I love this thread but the last few pages were such boring recycled arguments from both sides.

Can't we all just agree that Kevin Durant is a bitch and leave it at that?

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Can someone succinctly explain to me why Boston is good? I don't get it and haven't watched them enough.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Salvor_Hardin posted:

basically what cbm said. They are super switchy and their core can all defend 1-4. They can all hit a 3 (even Baynes sometimes!) so they can effectively space the floor and keep all cuts live.

Also Jaylen, Tatum, and Horford are legitimately really good players and Rozier is almost there.

So if these kinda players can make a team that should be medium good into a really good team, then that should (in theory) mean that in the next draft everyone should be drafting switchy shooters. Is it just that these players are rare? Or is it that this is a new market inefficiency and people haven't realised yet?

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Thanks for all of the interesting replies.

Even with all of the above being true, do you guys still feel like it's quite a lot of luck that they are *this* good?

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Strawberry Panda posted:

So this means the Bucks are actually good, right???

The switchy shooters have to be able to, y'know, shoot.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Boredumb posted:

Lebron James

Yeah but you cant spend 1m dollars in steroids each year if you signed a small contract to help Lacob

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

R.D. Mangles posted:

lockback is right, neither of these coaches is giving enough minutes to Derrick Rose

My wife is trying to get back in shape after her second pregnancy and I tell her to use Derrick Rose as motivation. Sure your body won't ever actually be the same again... But if Rose can keep convincing people his body is worth millions, then so can you. Perception = reality

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Lol at making people roll in money at the interval. Only in America.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Latinx posted:

who’s Draymond gonna call after this series? Kawhi?

AD

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Strawberry Panda posted:

San Antonio. Trade Kwahi for Kyrie and reunite LeBron and Kyrie.

Also trade Pau for Kevin Love and Pop for Ty Lue

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
LeBron

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Intruder posted:

Is it ok that I think I'd rather the Rockets face the Celtics in the finals if they make it?

Only if you admit to being shook

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Intruder posted:

He's the GOAT fam

If LeBron loses to a super team in finals this year and some talking head says he's not the GOAT because of his finals record I'm going to have an aneurysm.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

boop the snoot posted:

If he was in the west he would only have like... three finals appearances total.

Surely it depends what team he was on?! If he was on the Suns, then sure. If he played with Kawhi or prime Dirk or Kobe or Durant... Welp

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

boop the snoot posted:

So he would need help? From a prime Dirk or Kobe or Durant?

Oh okay.

Ok man. But seriously the West has been so stacked because it has consistently fielded teams with multiple great players: Kobe and Pau, Spurs, GSW, OKC.

Their are five players on the court. LeBron and four corpses can't beat a super team... Not sure how that detracts from his legacy at all. Jordan never won the finals with the Wizards. So what?

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Quizzlefish posted:

Ok man. But seriously the West has been so stacked because it has consistently fielded teams with multiple great players: Kobe and Pau, Spurs, GSW, OKC.

Their are five players on the court. LeBron and four corpses can't beat a super team... Not sure how that detracts from his legacy at all. Jordan never won the finals with the Wizards. So what?

What LeBron is doing this year is the equivalent of if old Jordan took the Wizards to the finals.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

boop the snoot posted:

I didn’t bring up Jordan, you did. That should say more than whatever I can say.

I don't get it mate. Surely the finals record thing is only ever brought up when comparing him to Jordan?

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

The Glumslinger posted:

It's a team of young players and role players

Poor Al Horford. No respect ITT

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
What happens in the 4th quarter when the game is close? I've forgotten..

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Indiana the best series so far?

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
It truly is Where Amazing Happens. I am genuinely amazed.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Jota posted:

Imagine it being your 20th birthday and your gift is that the entire world finds out your mentor hosed up your jump shot so bad you got hurt and then hosed your mom

I feel really sorry for him. He doesn't strike me as the brash resilient type like Joel so this is probably gonna be a really lovely few days for him.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Cool Buff Man posted:

It's gonna make him miserable for sure, they've been handling his ego with kid gloves for drat near a year now and this is just a shotgun blast to the gut

I feel like aside from being stupid, Colangelo's actions seem really psychopathic. These are people he knows and works with every day. He has a duty of care for people like Fultz.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Bad news Joel....

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Ramadu posted:

this is the greatest offseason next to the deandre jordan saga lmao

holy poo poo that ringer poo poo is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild ahahahahahahaha

Im not sure what facts I'd need to be convinced that he's innocent but it would be a lot. That poo poo is damning.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Ramadu posted:

https://twitter.com/baseballgomez1/status/1001652105701134336

hes def not innocent. thats the one he admitted to be right ahahaha

I thought he only admitted the one without any tweets?

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Reddit posted:

The ultimate snake is actually Hinkie - he set up most of these accounts, deliberately followed other accounts related to Colangelo, and said all these inflammatory things. It's no surprise that the Ringer got an "anonymous tip" from someone who had analyzed the accounts using "data science." Think about it folks.

Also BC is a great guy and you all need to find a new slant.

This made me laugh a lot.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

FizFashizzle posted:

I mean which version of the story is more difficult to believe?

I bet he finds an entitled nepotistic way to wriggle out of it though..

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

MourningView posted:

Embiid would be fine, but there are probably legit concerns as to what exactly Simmons would do off ball. Also you completely ignore those concerns and do it anyway because it's loving LeBron James

LeBron plus an improved Embiid would be v hard for the warriors to handle. Add Simmons and how the hell are the tiny Hamptons five going to defend them? Whereas I feel that team could defend the warriors ok. Embiid is pretty mobile and could probably deal with some of the switching if he had LeBron playing help.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Also Simmons-LeBron PnR would be interesting. Could even switch up who is the ball handler constantly. Which team has two guys big enough and fast enough to guard that (even if you can go under the screen because of Simmon's shooting).

E, FB. Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Timofey Mozgov is a better player than ben simmons

Hmm he does get paid a lot more... And I've heard in this forum that it's a good contract. Checks out.

• Locked thread