Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Leagues don't like admitting their refs could possibly be human and at times wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

gently caress...

when I become a famous athlete I'm totally giving up social media

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Did you know you miss 100% of the shots you dont take

If your 0 for 0... is your shooting % 0% or 100%?

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I'm a basketball dummy.
If you call timeout in your own end, why do you get to inbound it at the other end?

That said: Cavs, bitch.

Just a rule... I think specifically created to give teams opportunities for last second buzzer beaters such as LeBron's.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

wow Shaq could be turned into a flat-Earther very easily.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

I now hope Indy loses on a controversial last second goal-tend that they commit on a shot that had no chance of going in.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
I have nothing against the Raptors but man was that an enjoyable game to watch.

If LeBron would go to the basket every time he had the ball he would score or get fouled 80% of the time. I think he just shoots jump shots when he gets bored, or the shot clock is running down. I know the numbers show he shot badly, but I swear he made every shot where I yelled at the tv, "NO WHAT A HORRIBLE loving SHOT!" and I did that alot.

Then I would talk to/berate myself during commercials because who the hell am I to try to tell The GOAT how to play basketball through a tv while 500 miles away.

Then I post about it on the internet.

Then I google "signs of dementia".

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

dokmo posted:

This is the proper take.

Probably is the safest take to take, but the Raps looked pretty drat shook at the end to me. Once the Cavs got it under five, it really felt to me like the Raps didnt have a chance. It was just the vibe in the whole place seemed to say "oh no it's happening".

I thought the Raps were kind of lucky it went to OT. Korver and JR hit 3s and the place went quiet. Raps showed some heart when Derozen hits a cold blooded top of the key jumper and Lowery makes some crazy and one layup.

Game one left me thinking the Cavs will win any and all close games in the series. So Cavs in 6, winning 4 games by <5pts. Toronto wins 2 game by >10... because the Raps are actually good and the Cavs "on paper" team will actually show up at least once this series.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
Drake: Pros & Cons

Cons: Talks trash to NBA players that could literally murder him in 30 secs. while surrounded by bodyguards. His music mostly stinks I think.

Pros: I thought he was pretty funny on SNL and the ESPYs a few years ago. And although I'm far from being down with all the pop gossip these days I hear he may have had sex with Rhianna and/or Nicki Minaj.

I think its pretty clear the pros win out here and he is worthy of our respect.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

i think drake also condemns beating your wife, probably, so put that in the Pros column

He obviously doesn't know my wife. :lol:

(Actually, not beating your wife is cool, and I agree with Drake on this controversial issue.)

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
Last night Warriors wore dark jerseys at home.

Tonight the Rockets wear dark jerseys at home.

What is wrong with the western conference playoffs?

It's wrong.

I don't like it.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

The Duggler posted:

I got written up at work just now cuz my coworker asked if I'm going home to LeBronto over the weekend and I told him to suck my dick right infront of HR :(

I'm sure if you explained the origins of "LeBronto" they would understand.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Lmao.

I watched both games at bars with friends who are Cavs fans, and both times the bar was full of Cavs fans. After the first game there was tons of poo poo talking and good natured ribbing. After the second game all the ribbing stopped, it was obvious they felt bad for me, and I had some random guy with a LeBron shirt buy me a shot.

Cleveland recognizes sports pain and understands.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

So if the Cavs would have played 4 on 5... the series probably would have gone 7 games.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
I had to google.

"CryptoKitties is a blockchain based virtual game developed by Axiom Zen that allows players to purchase, collect, breed and sell various types of virtual cats."

I dont even know what half the words in this sentence mean... and Im actually pretty happy about it.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Brad Stevens is a coach

That depends on what your definition of is is.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

I've always been of the opinion that players win or lose blowouts and coaches win or lose close games.

So it's like he is saying "Hey we are getting closer but the loses are more my fault than ever."

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
I'm in ohio and I literally have about 1000 plastic grocery bags under my desk at work right now.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
Lowry and DeRozen for Lebron player/coach.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
How many games do the Browns win in 2018 with LeBron starting at both tight end and strong safety?

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
Lil Penny will be representing the Orlando Magic at the draft lottery.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
What's wrong with the Cavs draft kid? The last 2 times I just thought he was a goofy kid. Now he's an adult and it's obviously more than that.

EDIT: I have a bad habit of asking things here that I should just google first. "Nick was born with a rare disease called neurofibromatosis, which is a nerve disorder that causes tumors to randomly grow anywhere on the body. He's battled chemotherapy, and he's lost vision in one eye. "

EDIT2: Also from the article I found the above info in... "And that's cockamamie because even with Irving and Thompson and Waiters, the Cavaliers still suck, and the only thing that would give them a shot at not sucking and making the playoffs is grabbing Nerlens Noel with this 2013 first overall pick that they don't even have yet, and make a late run when Noel's ACL heals up."

FrankeeFrankFrank fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 16, 2018

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
All remaining teams suck, because blowouts are boring basketball. In the case of the LeBrons, the Celtics, and the Rockets this is mostly because they have played poorly, but the GSW just suck the most because they played too good and created the biggest blowout and therefore the most boring game.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

In my head I see her saying "good game", very, very sarcastically.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
Why does JR Smith play so much when he is missing shots? All he gives you at this point is 3 pt shooting right? So I think I would still start him but if he went 0-3 to start, he'd never see the floor again that game.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Lockback posted:

He's a pretty good defender and can cut to the basket. He's been pretty bad in the playoffs but when he's playing well he's a pretty useful player in general.

Aren't Nance and Clarkson both better or equal to JR when he isn't hitting shots?

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Ghost Dog posted:

you can't just 1:1 give all his minutes to korver, if jr missing 3 shots for some reason means he is never allowed to play again, you have to sub in someone else. the guys behind jr are pretty dire. unless you are like, super high on jose ballderon i guess. an acceptable take

e: jordan clarkson has probably been the worst cav all playoffs. hes been an absurdly bad shooter on top of just ruining possessions in a way jr never has.

I wasn't saying give his minutes to Korver at all... wasn't even thinking that. I was just thinking JR has been very bad and there has to be someone on the bench that could give more, if not offensively, then defensively, rebounding something.

JR Stats

FrankeeFrankFrank fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 24, 2018

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
At a glance Clarkson's numbers dont look worse then JR's. Someone needs to look up those fancy plus minus stats etc.

Anyway, maybe I like Clarkson maybe a little bit better because he is active. When JR is on the court I only notice him when he is missing shots.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Pros: You got a girl that obviously loves basketball.

Cons: She's completely insane.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

big boi posted:

It's not real, friend

but it's on the internet...

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
The law of averages means the Cavs are a lock to win it all this year.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
I wish Philly was in the finals right now.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
Is that avatar a kitten or an owl?

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
Sometimes I forget to take my hat off and my girlfriend pokes me in the ribs.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Tae posted:

I'm so out of it that I don't know what maga is

I think it's what is exploding out of hawaii right now and burning everything down.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
Dumb question that I'm pretty sure I know the answer to, but I just want to be sure.

What is the rule for calling timeouts? I'm guessing in the NBA only the person with the ball can call timeout.

In college anyone on the floor and even the coach can call timeout as long as their team has possession right?

That second free throw seemed like the perfect time for Ty Lou to say "hey ref if we get this rebound I want a timeout"... if that was legal.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
This has nothing to do with anything but I found this...

I was looking for the JR Smith hotel room naked chick rear end pic, you know so I could remind myself that he was cool and not stupid.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

I'm sure he was looking at the clock on the other basket...

...hoping that time would run out before the Warriors could foul him.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Noctone posted:

Also the true goat in that situation is Hill. Make your free throws, pal.

No. Hill didn't intentional miss the free throw thinking they were down 2, and needed the rebound and put back. He just missed a shot that could have given them the lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

haha he puts his shades on to be cool and then cant see anything and has to keep glancing underneath them so he can see where he is going.

• Locked thread