Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
West:

Rockets in 5
Warriors in 6
Thunder in 6
Portland in 5

East: doesn't matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

me getting hyped for the first round

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Strawberry Panda posted:

The last two images are my absolute favorite. So drat funny. I want the one on the right corner as an avatar.

I guess I'll get it.

loving a+ avatar and text

G-Hawk posted:

this daryl morey profile is intense and kind of insane

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...impression=true

tl;dr Man has agonizing burden of attempting to take down golden state, slowly goes insane

morey's always been a weirdo about going to games, but yeah that's my executive of the year right there

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Daryl Morey has publicly said that he gets trade ideas from the Clutchfans trade thread

Probably where the Ty Lawson trade came from

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Tae posted:

How desperate do you have to be to take a Knicks job when the Bucks job is available as soon as the playoffs are over

Knicks job seems like a pretty sweet deal. Go see some basketball games, get fired, collect $25mil from Dolan without having to see or talk to him afterwards

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Him not being with the team is weird.

This is also pretty out of the left field since he seemed like a basketball playing robit, maybe I took our sas persona of him too seriously and he actually wants to play in LA or whatever.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

PJ Tucker defending guys half a foot taller than him brings tears to my eye, it's like Chuck Hayes never left

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rajon Rondo just made a cool $10m or something by hitting that 3 pointer tonight

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Intruder posted:

The Warriors are going to cakewalk to the WCF lol

I hope you drew the salt pentagram correctly before attempting this reverse jinxing ritual or we could all be doomed

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

:thurman:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

edit not gdt

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

capela's job is easy - Kevin Durant

also lmao the ceo of kobe's sports drink thing is apparently a guy who made millions selling vitamin water and smart water. it's going to be super successful

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Dr.Radical posted:

I mean the “evidence”

there used to be a long thread right here on the something awful forums chock full of evidence

ah here it is: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3547828&pagenumber=1&

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Boosh! posted:

I think Morey had him in for an interview a couple years ago.

morey interviewed some truly horrible coaches in his quest to find someone that would let him pick all the assistants

that we ended up with d'antoni and a top 10 defense is not something i saw coming

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

RaySmuckles posted:

regardless of who people prefer, having both of them is redundant

neither offer much analysis and they spend a lot of time unhumorously bickering

getting rid of one of them and bringing in someone who offered something fresh would do a lot for the show

they could use one real analysis guy who breaks down plays and stuff instead of shaq. chuck is getting old too but also can be off the cuff funny whereas shaq is just grating. there appears to be an injunction against hiring non-players to commentate on stuff but there are so many players who can do amazing analysis off the cuff in interviews and podcasts from memory, yet espn ends up hiring chumpoids like mark jackson, who seems to be a sentient soundboard with grudges

kibner i take back what i said about jrue holiday, trading two draft picks for him was totally worth it for this imo

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Boogie provides positive locker room presence

You know that thing the Kings hot take people said he couldn't do while on a mismanaged 30 win team

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

this makes the :stat:man in me wonder what's the most one sided dunking relationship in history. like who dunked on who the most of all time. probably shaq and some 90s white guy right

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

euphronius posted:

I mean I don’t think anyone has said it but Oladipo is on a crazy PED regime as well which definitely helps.

popped down to Kentucky to get some of those horse peds

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

Before I watch the condensed game, What was Houston Min like, will I be bored or intrigued by wise gameplanning

Houston's role players sucked, Derek Rose had another good game, KAT finally showed up and did a lil bit. It was ok

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Kibner posted:

Thanks!

Is there a forum feature you want that you don't have? Wait, gently caress you're a mod so probably not. :(

Probably he wants a sexy lance stephenson blowing in lebron's ear avatar. this is just a guess though.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Andrew Bogut signs with the Sydney Kings

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao at derrick rose being insanely back

who the heck is derrick rose, and is he somehow related to star timberwolves point guard reggie rose

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Gay Horney posted:

Lmao if you don't get pedis to clean up your toesies

i get the clear coat like my idol patrick beverley

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

pubic works project posted:

I'm rooting for the Celtics because CBM is my friend and Brad Stevens is cool and good and also my older brother.

must be a lot of pressure to succeed in the household when your older brother is coaching the celtics at the age of 15

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

apparently the Kings fired a bunch of people in the org today including the PA announcer Scott Moak who everyone in the community, from fans to local media personalities, absolutely love. Good job Vivek I'm sure that will right the ship

on the plus side, this paves the way for Knightman to assume the duties of all those inefficient bags of flesh

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23317012/battling-injuries-liangelo-lamelo-ball-leave-lithuania-bc-vytautas

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Playoff Joe Chi is a reality and I am so happy about it

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rockets almost set a franchise record but unfortunately chose good sportsmanship instead

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/989356837144317953

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

only thing left is to go out and find my dudes ty lawson, corey brewer, and josh smith

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

This is interesting

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/990276106820509696

I didn't even know it was possible not to have an agent, but he's getting that sick Trolli gummy money so obviously whatever the situation is it hasn't been a problem for him

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

How many draft picks does it take to send Melo back to New York

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Strawberry Panda posted:

Debating whether I should wake up at 3 a.m. for this.

what's more important, the fact that lack of sleep is highly correlated with alzheimer's disease, or the fact that lebron might be eliminated by the pacers in the first round.

it's the second thing

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

capela's already had two 20+ pt games in the playoffs. i think he's going to continue to put up big scoring games into the warriors series. kerr's not going to play javale mcgee against the rockets or something, they will go small and live with him scoring way more than his regular season would suggest.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Ghost Dog posted:

im pretty far down on dudes who cant create their own shot. he just dunks the ball on shots other people create. granted hes ~elite~ at dunking the shots other people make for him but his parts way less valuable than his setup men. its not a big insult to him or anything, hes very very good at what he does, its just that thing is slightly less valuable when compared to the what the best players in the league can do

i get what youre saying but he's a good roll man and the warriors don't have anyone who can cover him and also handle switching onto the rockets perimeter guys. he will feast. i do think draymo green and durant are clearly a lot better than the rockets weird amorphous big man rotation in general.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Seconding this motion

very well but i must warn you once this blade is drawn, it must take a human life *unsheathes infomercial katana*

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

G-Hawk posted:

little known fact: luc mbah a moute is the true mvp

:hai:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Pictured: post trade deadline Daryl Morey

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiNVYmbl0yy/?taken-by=darylmorey

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Are you suggesting Shea Serrano, who once wrote Kawhi Leonard erotica, isn't an objective reporter?!

That would disqualify half this thread from being basketball reporters

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Lessail posted:

What coach should the Raptors look at for an actual culture change?

kevin mchale

• Locked thread