Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Kark of Uzbackistein

"Alright everybody, the Nameless Nine are now to Innumerate Nine... hopefully somebody gets the joke. Anyways, I can help patch up somebodys jaw if you took a hit to the face... no? Nobody took a hit to the face? Bracer be blessed, that's a miracle. Right, I'll see if Bracer will be kind enough to let me cure your other injuries." Kark says as the group assembles in the morning before stepping over to Jerol and making the holy Smile of Bracer and casting Cure Bleeding Gums over the rangers bloody bandages.

Jerol heals for TWO damage! Praise be to Bracer! And Kark is out of spells until tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Jerol Cairnwalker
HP: 4/18 Arrows 20/20 AC: 16 Saving Throw: 14

who wants to do the math and figure out how much each of us gets? Such a long ways to level 2.

"Thank you Kark, I feel better, but I think I'm going to need to be here a while, Anyone have ideas on how to clear the rest of the manor without us all dying?"

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Kark of Uzbackistein

"Provided that they don't have reinforcements show up or abandon the manor... take it a room at a time and don't just rush in all at once."

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Ash Watcher
HP 4/6, Arrows 76/80, AC 11 Parry (-1 to enemy attack rolls), Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: ?

"3 more days of rest should see all our wounds healed. After that, one more good push and we can probably clear the second floor. Maybe secure the basement too if we're lucky."

Ash is going to put his shield back in the group loot and take one of the ring mails. Each adventurer gets 8 gold, 2 silver, and 6 copper coins. This assumes we rest until we're at full health which cost each adventurer only .05% of their share of the loot.

During the rest downtime Ash will cast detect magic, read magic, and read languages on Jibjack's necklace in that order. I'm hoping its either magic or one of the read spells will let me read the writing.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Slippery Tilde

OK, Ash's AC jumps to 13 when wearing the ring mail.

Spell results:

detect magic - The necklace is indeed magical.

read magic - The text on the necklace is non-magical, but..

read languages - ...the words are an invocation to Mitor, god of protection and rackets, requesting his aid.

This is a necklace of protection +1 - +1 to AC and saving throws.

Hypnobeard fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2018 around 18:08

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Meredith

"Yeah, I think we should be fine. Can't be too many goblins left in there, right?"

Meredith lounges in the common room of the inn, eating chicken and telling exaggerated stories about how she got her injury to bored locals. Might as well enjoy the break, right?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 6/6, Arrows 76/80, AC 11 Parry (-1 to enemy attack rolls), Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: Sleep

Ash hands the necklace of protection to Cricket. "Here, this amulet is blessed by Mitor, god of protection and rackets. As long as you wear it, he will help guard you. Try not to die again, k?"

Giving the necklace to Cricket since he's most likely to die (again). Monks don't have any armor proficiencies.

I'm also assuming we sent all of Elonron's belongings back to his family after paying for his burial.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has seen my browser history.

Odrot

Odrot sits and watches Meredith regaling locals with stories of the brutal fight we had with the gnolls and goblins. He idly wonders when the party will get back to business, because sitting in a tavern doesn't make him any money.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Slippery Tilde

After some time recuperating and resting, on the morning of the fifth day, you're ready to head out again. Back to the manor is the group's decision, and the gate guards nod at you as the six of you head back into the wilds.

An uneventful trip back up the old road, past the ford, and to the track that leads to the manor takes just a couple of hours. It's barely morning as you stand at the crossroads--up to the gate of the manor or back over the hill?

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Cricket
5/5 HP, AC 12, 15 ST (+2 vs pois/prlz., +1 all),14/20 Arrows

Cricket takes his time looking at the two paths for the crossroads. Then he turns to the others. "Well the gate is still potentially dangerous, and likely to be guarded. That said if they realize the way we came in last time they may have put guards on the back way in up the hill. So which way do you think would be best?"

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Jerol Cairnwalker
HP: 17/18 Arrows 20/20 AC: 16 Saving Throw: 14

"It's worth going up the hill to see if they have added guards. "

Mykkel fucked around with this message at Jun 10, 2018 around 18:35

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 6/6, Arrows 76/80, AC 11 Parry (-1 to enemy attack rolls), Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: Sleep

"Up the hill worked last time. No reason to change a winning strategy. Lets go up the hill and over the roof again."

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Slippery Tilde

After a bit of discussion, you retrace your steps up the hill--it's easier this time, since you've been up and down the steep slope already--and pick your way across the hilltop. You're just cresting the hill, angling away from the small cave mouth you noticed on the last trip, when Jerol hisses and points. There's a goblin, hiding behind a tree overlooking the game trail you're following. He starts as he spots you, and lifts a horn to his lips...

Initiative please, there's no surprise.

The yellow i is the small cave mouth you noted last trip through.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Kark of Uzbackistein

Sling already idly spinning in hand on the walk, Kark quickly lobs a rock towards the goblin sentry.

17 to hit for 3 damage, rolled in chat

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Jerol Cairnwalker
HP: 17/18 Arrows 20/20 AC: 16 Saving Throw: 14

Jerol raises his bow and fires twice at the goblin scout. One of the arrows flies into the bush to the left of the goblin, but one hits the goblin.

14 and 11 to hit in chat. damage 2 for the arrow that hits.

Mykkel fucked around with this message at Jun 12, 2018 around 17:28

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Slippery Tilde

As the goblin's cry dies away, there's a brief moment of silence on the hilltop. Just as you're ready to continue forward, a rush of leathery-winged creatures streams out of the cave mouth. Five chihuahua-sized birdlike creatures with long proboscis swoop toward you. Momentarily taken aback, they're in among you before you can blink. Stinging with those long noses, Odrot, Meredith, and Cricket are struck.. and then stuck! The creatures latch on and start to suck...

Attacked by flying creatures!

Odrot is hit for 2 points of damage, Meredith for 3, and Cricket for 2. The things are stuck on you, you'll need to kill them to get them off.

Initiative please.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher

"Holy crap! Giant Mosquitos! Nope, nope, nope. Not doing that. Go to sleep you disgusting bloodsuckers!"

Casting sleep. Will affect 8 of them per discord roll.

Sleep
Range: 240 feet
Duration: 1 hour
This spell puts enemies into an enchanted slumber (no saving throw permitted). It affects creatures based on their hit dice.
Less than 1 to 1 = 2d8
1+ to 2+ = 2d6
3 to 3+ = 1d6
4 to 4+ = 1

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Cricket
3/5 HP, AC 12, 15 ST (+2 vs pois/prlz., +1 all),14/20 Arrows

Cricket strikes at the stirge latched onto himself, inflicting a telling blow. That hopefully renders it unto the next life.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at Jun 12, 2018 around 21:48

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Meredith

"Whoa no, get it off, GET IT OFF!" Meredith hacks frantically at the stirge. "Ugh, disgusting!"

Hit for 6 damage.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Kark of Uzbackistein

The unholy sight of a creature who could not smile and had no teeth was enough to make Kark's vision go reddish-purple.

"Die, you unholy scum, you blight upon the world!" Kark shouts with a pearly grin as his heavy mace slams down on one of the bugs.

20 to hit, 6 damage to L3

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has seen my browser history.

Odrot Warjaw
HP: 14/16 AC: 15 Saving Throw: 14

Odrot grunts in pain as the stirge bites down on his right arm. Fortunately, that's his shield arm and he's able to smack the flat of his blade against the creature.

6 damage to J4

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Jerol Cairnwalker
HP: 17/18 Arrows 18/20 AC: 16 Saving Throw: 14

Jerol hides a grin as the Nameless dispatch the insects, spying one that was not yet dead, he draws his sword and dispatches it.

"Interesting, should we investigate that cave some more?"

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Meredith

"As long as it doesn't have any more of those things." Meredith kicks the dead stirge away from her, shuddering.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 6/6, Arrows 76/80, AC 11 Parry (-1 to enemy attack rolls), Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: None!

"Lead the way."

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

Jerol Cairnwalker
HP: 17/18 Arrows 18/20 AC: 16 Saving Throw: 14

"Someone light a torch so we can see in there."

Jerol wipes his blade clean with a rag, sheathes and nocks an arrow to his bow as he approaches the cave, on the lookout for more surprises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 6/6, Arrows 76/80, AC 14 Parry (-1 to enemy attack rolls), Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: None!

"A torch? I can do you one better than that." Ash whips out his spellbook and reviews the incomprehensible gibberish inside for a few minutes. Then he traces a glowing sigil on Jerol's helmet with his fingertip and suddenly the helmet begins radiating light like a torch. "That should last for about 70 minutes."

Cast light as a ritual and afterwards put on my armor.

«5 »