Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Odrot Warjaw

Odrot peers beyond the gate as his new party discuss their plan of action. He remains quiet for the most part, letting the rest of the party speak until he hears mention of giants and finally he states, "A manor could be as good a base of operations as a gnoll fortress, and most likely a lot cleaner. My vote is we head for this elven manor and see if the rumors about giants are true."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Odrot

Odrot takes a minute or two to secure his rope to an outcropping of rock on the hilltop. Once he's confident it won't come loose he mutters under his breath, "Hopefully you lot are quieter climbing down than you were climbing up."

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Odrot

Odrot watches the hill for anything that might come from behind and attempt to surprise the group while covering Elonron and anyone else staying back.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Odrot

Odrot continues to watch the hill behind the rest of the group, but after hearing all the noise the party is making on the roof of the manor grumbles, "I think we should all get down on the roof and get this over with."

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Odrot

Odrot decides no threat is coming over the hill and takes the rope down onto the roof. He then shuffles along the roof and stops when he reaches the edge of the roof directly above Meredith and Aelf. He draws his shield in case of missile fire.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Odrot
HP 16/16, AC 15, Save 14 (+4 vs Spells)

Odrot watches an arrow embed itself into Aelf's back and grimaces. He then frowns and jumps down to join his companions in the melee.

(You said it's a 20 foot drop? I'm on the edge of the roof, so if that's too far I'll jump down to where Jerol was before the round started.)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Odrot
HP 16/16, AC 15, Save 14 (+4 vs Spells)

Odrot moves to the door and prepares to enter, his back pressed against the wall of the manor to present as small a target as possible to any archers above. Once he's positioned he tugs on the left door.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Odrot

Odrot silently waits by the door, alternating between scanning the area and keeping an eye on Cricket. He nods in agreement to Meredith's statement.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Odrot

Odrot's jaw drops as he watches Ash barrel into the room ahead of them. He hastens towards the door to provide backup, then after quickly scanning the room heads toward the first goblin he sees huddled behind an overturned table.

Mr. Humalong fucked around with this message at 02:13 on May 5, 2018

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Odrot

Odrot slashes wildly at the goblin directly next to Jerol and, in his bloodthirst, manages to slice a chunk out of a leg of the overturned table next to him.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Odrot

Odrot steps over the twitching goblin corpse and pulls back his sword to execute the goblin that is slightly distracted by Jerol moving forward...

And totally murders the chair lying on the floor next to the goblin, instead. The air is filled with wood splinters and the curses of an angry dwarf.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Odrot

Odrot, a highly trained ranger with years of experience fighting off enemies, swings and totally whiffs again.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Odrot

Odrot swings at the goblin that tried to retreat from him and succeeds in sending him straight to the astral plane.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Odrot

Odrot watches silently as Ash finishes off Jibjack, then nods slowly in approval. He smirks at the thought that a goblin weapon could be better than his, then makes his way to the door Ash suggested checking next and waits for the rest of the group to approach before he tries to open it. While he waits he glances at the drooling paladin standing in the middle of the hallway staring into space.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Odrot

Odrot grimaces and says, "I'd prefer to clear the rest of this floor before we head up. Jerol, Ash, let's check out that room on the opposite side of the entry hall. Then we can make our way down this hall and see what else there is on this floor. Getting blindsided is not fun, let's prevent it if we can."

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Odrot

“Solid kick you got there,” Odrot says, clearly impressed. He then enters the room and considers the trap door for a moment.

“I like the ladder more than the rope, but not much more. A closed trap door makes me wary. There’s still a few other rooms on the east side of the building, perhaps we should check them for other routes upstairs?”

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Odrot

Odrot eyes the older looking ladder and nods at the rest of the party. "You all check out those last two rooms, I'll keep an eye on this ladder and the western part of this floor. If you hear me shout hurry back, I've probably met some new friends."

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Odrot

Odrot sits and watches Meredith regaling locals with stories of the brutal fight we had with the gnolls and goblins. He idly wonders when the party will get back to business, because sitting in a tavern doesn't make him any money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Odrot Warjaw
HP: 14/16 AC: 15 Saving Throw: 14

Odrot grunts in pain as the stirge bites down on his right arm. Fortunately, that's his shield arm and he's able to smack the flat of his blade against the creature.

6 damage to J4

• Locked thread