Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Ash Watcher
The Elven Manor sounds like the best approach to me. Manor means money and light fortifications. Believe me, you don't want to even try to attack a halfway competently defended castle. My uncle and his eldest did that for Lord Boringstein and neither made it back.

If there really are Elves there, maybe they'll help us. If not, they often have magic armor. If there's any truth to the giant story at all, its probably just Elves rolling boulders or some such. Everyone knows Giants hate Elves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 6/6, Arrows 80/80, AC 11, Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorize: Sleepx1
"Of course the manor has walls. Of course it does. Well, head-on assaults on walls are still a good way to die quickly and pointlessly. Lets circle around and climb the hill. When you can't go through a problem, sometimes you can go around it. My dad taught me that."

LLSix fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 13, 2018

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 6/6, Arrows 80/80, AC 11, Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: Sleepx1

Ash looked up from stringing his bow to see Megane jump down onto the manor roof. He watched nervously as a St. Bernard sized raven flew into onto one of the manor's towers. Was it an ally of those dog-like monsters? He'd never heard of an evil raven, but then, he'd never heard of whatever the hell was making that creepy barking noise either.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 6/6, Arrows 80/80, AC 11, Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: Sleepx1

No spell this round, using my bow on the gnolls if they're in range, or the raven, or if nothing is in range moving East along the hilltop to get a better angle.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 6/6, Arrows 78/80, AC 11, Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: Sleepx1, Arrows shot 2

Ash sprinted East along the cliff face and hastily launched two arrows in the general direction of the gnolls. Moving and shooting proved too much for the novice guardsman and neither came anywhere close to his target. Maybe he should have listened to his dad and spent more time practicing.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

nvm, need to roll init first again.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 6/6, Arrows 78/80, AC 11, Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: Sleepx1, Arrows shot 2

"drat! Those monsters move fast! I can't see them anymore." Ash sprinted further East trying to get a good angle. "Hey. You uh, you guys know if those things can understand us?"

Move as far East as I can. Intent is to get far enough to be able to shoot around the corner. I don't think I can move so far that I can't see them anymore, but if I can, please stop just before that becomes a problem.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 6/6, Arrows 76/80, AC 11, Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: Sleepx1, Arrows shot 4

"Leave the bird alone! Everyone knows that ravens are favored companions of Elven mages!" Ash shouted angrily at Kark while shooting at the wounded gnoll. Distracted, his first arrow went wide. After that he shut up and concentrated so his second arrow found it's mark.

3rd round, shoot at wounded gnoll = (1)+1 = 2, (18)+1 = 19, 1d6 = (3) = 3 damage.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 6/6, Arrows 76/80, AC 11, Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: Sleepx1, Arrows shot 4

Ash followed Cricket and Kark. "Well, our part of the plan is going great."

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 6/6, Arrows 76/80, AC 12 Parry (-1 to enemy attack rolls), Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: Sleepx1, Arrows shot 4

Ash slung his bow and hustled to pick up the gnoll's shield and axe. As he moved he shouted at the gnoll in goblin, "Face the wall! Sit down facing the wall!" Nervously keeping one eye on the gnoll he hustled to get back into the questionable cover provided by being right up against the manor and tried to open the manor doors. They needed to get inside and away from the archers before one of them was killed.

Dropping the axe at the end of my move since it puts me over my encumbrance. 15lbs is freaking heavy.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 6/6, Arrows 76/80, AC 12 Parry (-1 to enemy attack rolls), Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: Sleepx1, Arrows shot 4

Frequently glancing warily back over his shoulder at the "surrendered" dog-man monster and weirdly apathatic goblin outside; Ash moved into the mansion.

Move as far inside as I can, sword and shield at the ready.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher

Still nervous about the dog-man and goblin they left behind in the courtyard; not to mention the archers somewhere upstairs; Ash is spooked into rash action by the sound of even more unseen foes. The highstrung young man's voice cracks as he shouts "Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet Them!" Charging forward he tries to leap over the barricade blocking the lower half of the upper right hand door and close to sword range with whatever is hiding beyond.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher

Ash is so busy being impressed by the surprising smoothness of his entrance and subsequent lack of arrows sticking out of him that he crashes into the chairs and completely misses the goblin. He does manage to put a nasty scratch into the table though.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher

"You shot me! Dammit! You really shot me!" Enraged by the arrow sticking out of his lung Ash spat blood in the goblin's eyes. Temporarily blinded, the goblin had no chance of defending against Ash's killing rage.

15 to hit, 7 damage in discord.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 11, 2018

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher

"And this one is for Elonron!" Ash shouted as he slammed his bastard sword into the goblin leader's side.

20 to hit, 4 damage in discord.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher

"Death to all the slayers of Elonron!" Ash hacks Jibjack to pieces. "You kill one of ours, we kill ten of yours... not that, you know, we weren't going to do that anyways. But, yeah, we sure showed you. Now that you're dead, and can... see... stuff... clearer?"

Ash gathered up the weapons and money of all the dead. The money he split out as evenly as possible and encouraged the others too look over the goblin weapons to see if they were better than what they'd been able to bring with them.

"We still need to find and put a stop to those archers on the second floor before we can risk burying Elonron. Maybe that door to the right of the front entrance? Jeral, Odrot; you look the least injured. Please lead the way."

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher

Ash tucked one of the piles of 6sp & 1cp into his coin pouch as well as the necklace. He followed Jerol, staying just behind him and Odrot, bow at the ready.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 3/6, Arrows 76/80, AC 12 Parry (-1 to enemy attack rolls), Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: Sleepx1, Arrows shot 4

Ash looked nervously at the closed door beside him and the unexplored hallway, but shrugged when Meredith walked past him. Gesturing at her he said "May as well follow her up. Better to stick together."

LLSix fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 31, 2018

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 3/6, Arrows 76/80, AC 12 Parry (-1 to enemy attack rolls), Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: Sleepx1, Arrows shot 4

Ash winced sympathetically and clutched his own wounds when Jerol was blasted by the lightning trap. "I'm starting to wonder if we'll survive long enough to get shot by the archers. We could fortify one of the small rooms that Meredith found and rest up a day or two. Let Kark patch up the worst of our wounds."

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 4/6, Arrows 76/80, AC 11 Parry (-1 to enemy attack rolls), Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: ?

"3 more days of rest should see all our wounds healed. After that, one more good push and we can probably clear the second floor. Maybe secure the basement too if we're lucky."

Ash is going to put his shield back in the group loot and take one of the ring mails. Each adventurer gets 8 gold, 2 silver, and 6 copper coins. This assumes we rest until we're at full health which cost each adventurer only .05% of their share of the loot.

During the rest downtime Ash will cast detect magic, read magic, and read languages on Jibjack's necklace in that order. I'm hoping its either magic or one of the read spells will let me read the writing.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 6/6, Arrows 76/80, AC 11 Parry (-1 to enemy attack rolls), Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: Sleep

Ash hands the necklace of protection to Cricket. "Here, this amulet is blessed by Mitor, god of protection and rackets. As long as you wear it, he will help guard you. Try not to die again, k?"

Giving the necklace to Cricket since he's most likely to die (again). Monks don't have any armor proficiencies.

I'm also assuming we sent all of Elonron's belongings back to his family after paying for his burial.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 6/6, Arrows 76/80, AC 11 Parry (-1 to enemy attack rolls), Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: Sleep

"Up the hill worked last time. No reason to change a winning strategy. Lets go up the hill and over the roof again."

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher

"Holy crap! Giant Mosquitos! Nope, nope, nope. Not doing that. Go to sleep you disgusting bloodsuckers!"

Casting sleep. Will affect 8 of them per discord roll.

Sleep
Range: 240 feet
Duration: 1 hour
This spell puts enemies into an enchanted slumber (no saving throw permitted). It affects creatures based on their hit dice.
Less than 1 to 1 = 2d8
1+ to 2+ = 2d6
3 to 3+ = 1d6
4 to 4+ = 1

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 6/6, Arrows 76/80, AC 11 Parry (-1 to enemy attack rolls), Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: None!

"Lead the way."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ash Watcher
HP 6/6, Arrows 76/80, AC 14 Parry (-1 to enemy attack rolls), Save 14 (+2 on rolls vs spells), Spells Memorized: None!

"A torch? I can do you one better than that." Ash whips out his spellbook and reviews the incomprehensible gibberish inside for a few minutes. Then he traces a glowing sigil on Jerol's helmet with his fingertip and suddenly the helmet begins radiating light like a torch. "That should last for about 70 minutes."

Cast light as a ritual and afterwards put on my armor.

• Locked thread