Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Welcome back everybody! I'm Pancakes. You may remember me from such threads as our last order thread. The group order on the new and improved Piss Tape is Real hats was a rousing success, with 31 hats ordered by various goons and three of them ordered by me. I kept one for myself, sent one to C-SPAM superstar That DICK! and as for the third one, well, we all saw what happened.

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/984542493965520897

After C-SPAM's brush with the spotlight everyone was clamoring for another round of hats, including various members of my family, so here we are. I've learned from the last time, so here's your FAQ:

1. The order requires 12 hats to be placed. I'll order at least 4 of them this time: 2 family members, 1 significant other of a co-worker and 1 to send to C-SPAM avatar and Piss Tape enthusiast Ashley Feinberg. This means that I need you depraved monsters to order at least 8 more for the order to happen.
2. If the order doesn't reach at least 12 total it gets canceled. You get a refund of your money but no hat.
3. The hats cost $25.73 apiece. I'm pretty sure CustomInk throws in a processing fee or something but your out-of-pocket for the hat should be under $28.
4. CustomInk will mail the full order to me. I will then mail hats to everyone who ordered them.
5. This means that I will need your shipping information.
6. If possible, please leave your preferred shipping information in the "Comment" option on the CustomInk payment link.
7. Please use an email address that you check regularly when ordering so that if there are any problems with shipping I can contact you easily.
8. I will not charge you for shipping. CustomInk allegedly will send me a refund check if the volume of the order gets large enough, since the per-unit price goes down with a larger order. If applicable, I'll use this check to offset the shipping costs.
9. I prefer USPS priority mail but can ship via UPS or FedEx as well. I'll typically spend about $10 apiece on shipping.
10. I will leave this order open through 4/22/18. After that I expect it to close and the hats to get to me by mid-May, getting to everyone else by late May.

Enough of the FAQ, here's the order link.

I'm clearly not doing this for any financial gain. Right now between the two previous runs on the hats I've spent about $700 on two (very lovely) hats for myself. About $320 of that should be coming back to me via a check from CustomInk but I just want to establish right away that there's no profit in this for me. I don't think crowd-sourced humor or political satire should be done for profit, so trying to make money off of this would just seem really scummy to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Might finally have to get in on the fun this time....

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

you should def start selling this poo poo for a profit tbh. get on taht grift baby

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

you should def start selling this poo poo for a profit tbh. get on taht grift baby

note this counts as Consulting and i now expect 10% per hat sold, thanks

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Time to adorn my skull with a gloriously golden cap. Ordered one, can't wait.

:pisstape:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

agreedo

I've submitted my order though

e: gently caress didn't put shipping info into address box- would you prefer that I PM it, or send it via email? eh, I just cancelled it and put in a new order, since that was how the website suggested I handle it

LGD has issued a correction as of 00:22 on Apr 13, 2018

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:
We'll find out after Friday I guess if I'm going to be able to order one

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

We'll find out after Friday I guess if I'm going to be able to order one

same, except after Sunday :stoked:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oh man. I might have to order one.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

we’re gonna need more hats

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Gettin in

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
have u considered making the hats say "pee pee tape is real"

also, do you know how much international shipping would cost roughly? dunno if you've sent any overseas in first 2

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Quotey posted:

have u considered making the hats say "pee pee tape is real"

also, do you know how much international shipping would cost roughly? dunno if you've sent any overseas in first 2

I have no idea how much international shipping would cost but I'm not against finding out. If you're outside the US please feel free to order as long as you're okay with UPS or FedEx.

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008
Piss hats, and on tonight of all nights.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
HAT

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Have you sent Matt Bors one? If not, I'm gonna sponsor one for him.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ymgve posted:

Have you sent Matt Bors one? If not, I'm gonna sponsor one for him.

This is a good idea and Bors deserves it.

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

I would like a hat very much. Please PM me with payment details.

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer
just ordered two

pm me if you want to sort out shipping details w/e

Calde
Jun 20, 2009
I have to get one, my friend's wedding is in June and I need a present.

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
:siren: already over 12 orders :siren:

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

703 posted:

:siren: already over 12 orders :siren:

Uranium posted:

we’re gonna need more hats

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
you're doing God's work spreading the proper name of the tape to all

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
some rear end in a top hat is going to sell a lovely knockoff that says Pee Tape is Real and I'm going to loving flip my poo poo

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Well, went ahead anyways, Canada should be the same as your $10 flat rate with UPS. Hopefully it works out and I avoid filthy duty fees.

PISSSSSSSSSSSS

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

logikv9 posted:

some rear end in a top hat is going to sell a lovely knockoff that says Pee Tape is Real and I'm going to loving flip my poo poo

I had the chance to smack the jerk who lifted the Vin Diesel facts thread into that Chuck Norris gimmick and I never did. I may regret that to my dying day.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
i dont know why but i bought one. hope it reaches canada soon!!!

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
could we potentially set up another one on an even higher quality hat? not that my existing piss tape hat isn't perfect, but if it was on a quality ballcap I could wear it even more

I will pay handsomely for this to happen if you can arrange the logistics

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
I ordered my hat 20 seconds ago and it still isn't here yet and I'm PISSED

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i shall shine like a beacon, leading the wayward people around me to the true conclusion

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

rabble rabble posted:

could we potentially set up another one on an even higher quality hat? not that my existing piss tape hat isn't perfect, but if it was on a quality ballcap I could wear it even more

I will pay handsomely for this to happen if you can arrange the logistics

The only higher-quality hats on CustomInk that I'm seen that still come in yellow are golf hats or athletic hats with piping in a different color. I may be missing it, but I think the current design is the only one that allows a monochrome yellow hat with two colors of embroidery on it. Please feel free to design or make your own if you want but part of the charm for me is intentionally satirizing the design and layout of the garish red MAGA hat.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
this deserves to be posted here as well

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/983896099948826624

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'd really like to get one but I have huge dumb hair and can't wear hats without looking ridiculous. But also, it's :pisstape:... decisions decisions

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Nichael posted:

I'd really like to get one but I have huge dumb hair and can't wear hats without looking ridiculous. But also, it's :pisstape:... decisions decisions

I usually wear mine while jogging or bouldering, when it's inconvenient for my hair to be all over the place.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Is this hat easy to wash?

Just wondering for some unknown reason....

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

i will throw in like $20 into a gofundme where we send a bunch of hats to various reporters and podcasters and funny political twitterers and actual politicians

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

Rocks posted:

i will throw in like $20 into a gofundme where we send a bunch of hats to various reporters and podcasters and funny political twitterers and actual politicians

Seconded, but only if you also register pisstapeisrealhat.com and make a million dollars selling hats about piss.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

send one to krang t Nelson

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PANCAKES

YOU KNOW WHAT YOU MUST DO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.