Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
what's your budget look like (besides car racing)? do you eat out 15 times a week like i used to? Part of the solution might just be in your budget!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

I know you’re tracking stuff in ynab and everything so that’s good. It’s hard to say “you must sell your computer/motorcycle/cars/stocks/guns” without knowing what your monthlies look like, so we should have better advice once data’s available. Are you married? Kids?

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Beach Bum posted:

So, an update. You're all going to be very disappointed in me, I'm sure.

+ You quit smoking
+ You're eating out less frequently
+ You had an emergency (A/C and car repair) and it didn't break you
+ Making extra money from additional work is good for both paying down debt and reminding yourself that taking on more debt is a bad idea.
+ Seriously, you quit smoking, that poo poo is expensive and will kill you. It's hard to enjoy being debt free when you're dragging around an oxygen tank.

- Sell You Are Stock Coins
- Probably still sell the bike?
- Post a line-item budget if you want specific suggestions on what else to do.
- There's probably more lucrative job opportunities out there. Keep looking, I know it seems difficult without a lovely $50,000 piece of paper from a college but you have legit hands on experience.

Sounds like you had a good overall month, and you're trending in the right direction. So, joke's on you. Not disappointed. Looking forward to your next check-in!

• Locked thread