Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://kotaku.com/sega-announces-a-mega-drive-mini-1825262924

Maybe the fifth time ATgames get the emulation right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Ween posted:

thank you Sega

Where do I buy this

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 17, 2018

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I preordered the Analogue Gensis and completely forgot about it until I received a package today. I had no idea it came with an adapter for Master System games.

It also has a headphone jack and the external port for the Sega CD. It's pretty cool

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

mycophobia posted:

wot is this....

it;s the Analogue Mega SG, Basically they are a company that are re-making old consoles but not emulator shitboxes like the Retron or whatever. It's all FPGA-based which is basically replicating the hardware exactly, so it's all the benefits of using a real genesis with none of the lovely video quality issues

They made an SNES one last year that is really good and is highly praised. They originally put out an NES version but it was stupidly expensive because they gutted real Famicoms for the hardware. they've since stopped doing that and only focus on FPGA stuff now. Every game plays identical to a real SNES or genesis. there is literally 100% compatibility

I still have the real consoles but I like this for having the system in another room and because of all the image quality options

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I like it a lot

Here is a link if you would like to learn more: https://www.analogue.co/mega-sg/