Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
Hello- Well we have post this a few time- just have not found the right couple - we are not desperate to find a couple, we have been running the ranch alone for years but like to have the help to get caught up..looking for part time worker that needs a place to live and work for housing. $250.oo for utilizes (power-sewer-trash-water )
We have a 2 houses on the ranch, it is a older mobile home 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath set up here, not fancy, but it has water, sewer, power, wood burning heater, stove, refrigerator. ( for the ranch hand ). we are looking for help- not A DEPENDENT - and MUST HAVE YOUR OWN TRANSPOSITION.
We need some help here on the ranch, have a small cattle ranch and have a lot of upgrading projects and cleaning projects. NO SMOKING in the house. NO BUTTS ON THE GROUND OR IN THE TOILET - MY PLACE IS NOT AN ASH TRAY- A NON SMOKER IS PREFERRED, no pets . We have septic tank rules and garbage rules - this is a ranch - not city utility.
A couple is preferred. You must have your own transportation (we are 15 miles outside of town) and buy your own food, must be able and willing to work for rent : feeding and counting the cattle on time daily, watering, moving haying (100# to 120# @ daily) , fencing, weed control, general clean up, helping me work on my farm equipment's - always on a Saturday ( a must all day) -- watching the ranch (security) and helping me with other stuff as required. Must be able to follow thru-on what you said and do what you said and that you can do the job in a timely manner . Honesty and communication is a must///
It is a working ranch. In order for this to work out, you must be someone who will work for the house rent and likes ranch/country life and work, and not be afraid of getting dirty, and like to take care of animals. You should not be needy or selfish, willing to follow directions and work alongside me. You should have the attitude of mutual need : on your part, you need to work for rent, so that you do not need to spend the money on rent, but instead you just exchange your time/ labor, helping me, I need some help on things around the ranch. mostly all easy- all hard things will be done together .
NON SMOKER is a big plus. Lot of things to catch on fire - hay, grass, wood, We'd like to keep the ranch as a sober living environment, drug/drama free. Visitors and night traffic are to be kept at very minimum. I do not think the ranch is kid safe at this time ,need the help to make it kid safer.- have locked gates
Must pass DOJ fingerprint background check and not steal from us. Month to month arrangement. All IDs copied and checked and $250. deposit paid before moving in. This is a month to month - to start with -- Contact with craigslist first ONLY.
I DO NOT CALL ANY ONE BACK-UNTIL YOU ANSWER A FEW QUESTION. - I away answer all e mail - if you do not get a reply-I did not get your e mail and no pictures- no going to other web sites to look at any thing -people that are slow getting back to me may be deleted. I get some good responds, from good people ,JUST wrong life schedules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

quote:

people that are slow getting back to me may be deleted

Woah.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
Is this a fetish thing?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

ScratchAndSniff posted:

Is this a fetish thing?

Well it's not an ashtray.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is this slavery?

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
what kind of retard ranch you live on where you can't smoke?

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
is this some kinda new troll where you tell people they aren't allowed to smoke on your property that was basically made for smoking and wrangling

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Marlboro man disapproves

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Slaves were at least fed :(

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Azza Bamboo posted:

Is this slavery?

It's slavery except worse because they want you to pay $250 a month for the privilege of being their farm slave. they should post the ad on Fetlife or something and bump the price up to $1000 per month and stipulate the applicant must wear a PVC gimp suit at all times and they'd probably be overwhelmed with applicants

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
So where does this person get the cash to pay $250 plus groceries?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

cowofwar posted:

So where does this person get the cash to pay $250 plus groceries?

Meth lab

Dillon2
Apr 3, 2018
Farm labor isn't that bad and you guys are just doughy lards

Dillon2
Apr 3, 2018
"Uh what do you mean? How do I compile some hay from my computer? Is there a way to download more water from the well? Duhhhh....Is it like Minecraf???"

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Dillon2 posted:

"Uh what do you mean? How do I compile some hay from my computer? Is there a way to download more water from the well? Duhhhh....Is it like Minecraf???"

Hey max

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Azza Bamboo posted:

Is this slavery?

its worse than slavery because you have to buy your own food and stuff

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dillon2 posted:

Farm labor isn't that bad and you guys are just doughy lards

You may be paying to work for free but you get to gently caress all the cows you want

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Serfdom is back baby!

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
What ever happened to the Good old days of farmers just popping out babies that are put to work by age 5 and lose a limb from farm equipment by age 8?

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Azza Bamboo posted:

Is this slavery?

but without the free food

Work six days a week and be on call 24-7 just to have a roof over your head, sounds like a great deal in Tormp's america

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

AWarmBody posted:

What ever happened to the Good old days of farmers just popping out babies that are put to work by age 5 and lose a limb from farm equipment by age 8?

Tarp man had that covered.

quote:

Despite his identity as a rancher, Finicum and his wife Jeanette earned their “main source of income” as foster parents with Catholic Charities Community Services, according to an interview with Oregon Public Broadcasting. In January he told the broadcaster that more than 50 boys—including from mental hospitals and drug rehab programs—had stayed at his family ranch in Arizona over the past decade.

“My ranch has been a great tool for these boys,” Finicum told the broadcaster. “It has done a lot of good.”
https://qz.com/603743/the-man-killed-in-an-fbi-shootout-in-oregon-was-a-rancher-and-foster-parent-to-50-boys/

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

AWarmBody posted:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/29/us/family-farms-child-workers.html

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

maybe they could have saved some money by not feeding their fat kid so much lol

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Why the gently caress can't I have pets on the farm?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
YyyYeah that’s why I buy fair trade coffee. :munch:

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Farmhands are supposed to get room and board

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

cowofwar posted:

Farmhands are supposed to get room and board

this sounds like something an entitled MILLENIAL would say

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Can rent a trailer for like 250 anyway...what's wrong with these people.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Is this a real Craigslist ad, or did you just make this up?

EDIT: Sorry, I should have looked that up first. It still could be fake.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

A good poster posted:

Is this a real Craigslist ad, or did you just make this up?

EDIT: Sorry, I should have looked that up first. It still could be fake.

sacramento

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

Vato posted:

Can rent a trailer for like 250 anyway...what's wrong with these people.

Seriously, it's California but it's the bumfuck nowhere outside of Sacramento California, the rents can't be high enough locally to make this deal appealing to anyone

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Silly entitled kids, you're on a ranch. food is all around you, just scavenge for grouse or goshawk eggs. Shoot/run over wild animals for foods. poo poo if the boss isn't looking, just steal a pie cooling by the open window.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
can we use this as a place to post weird ads now?

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean
that's not weird, that's just MLM bullshit

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Sounds like a winner

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bardeh posted:

It's slavery except worse because they want you to pay $250 a month for the privilege of being their farm slave. they should post the ad on Fetlife or something and bump the price up to $1000 per month and stipulate the applicant must wear a PVC gimp suit at all times and they'd probably be overwhelmed with applicants

someone already tried that scam on fetlife and got sued when the guys that signed up realized they werent going to get spankings after all the farmwork

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

http://buffalonews.com/2015/05/03/tractor-rollover-during-tree-removal-kills-town-of-wales-man-and-7-year-old-grandson/

‘Lemme put my grandson on my lap while I try to pull this tree outta the ground. What could possibly go wrong?’

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Lime Tonics posted:

can we use this as a place to post weird ads now?

Probably direct marketing poo poo where they drop you off in an area to sell magazine subscriptions before you return to a communal bedbug flat for the night where you get addicted to drugs and sexually assaulted by the ‘boss’ in a power trap because you’re basically out of options.

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean

cowofwar posted:

Probably direct marketing poo poo where they drop you off in an area to sell magazine subscriptions before you return to a communal bedbug flat for the night where you get addicted to drugs and sexually assaulted by the ‘boss’ in a power trap because you’re basically out of options.

I see you've worked for Cutco too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If I was the dictator that poo poo would end

Just sayin

• Locked thread