Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Sell the old towards buying the new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

infrared35 posted:

Okay, with Beretta's site-wide 25% off sale, do I spend $350 or so upgrading the poo poo out of my PX4, or do I save up the rest and just buy a Langdon gun?

These are supposed to be pretty great: http://www.langdontactical.com/trigger-job-in-a-bag-px4/

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

It's about the same price as buying it from Beretta on sale, but it would be nice to get it from the source. I think Beretta has the trigger group and hammer spring, but not the trigger bar.

Here's what else I was looking at:

Steel trigger: $55
Ameriglo sights: $90
Spurless hammer: $55
Special Duty/Competition barrel cam: $55

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

The Langdon kit has everything all polished and stoned up for you though

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

infrared35 posted:

Okay, with Beretta's site-wide 25% off sale, do I spend $350 or so upgrading the poo poo out of my PX4, or do I save up the rest and just buy a Langdon gun?

Langdon. You would have spent that money anyway, may as well have something nice. See how it holds up in competition, maybe?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

madeintaipei posted:

Langdon. You would have spent that money anyway, may as well have something nice. See how it holds up in competition, maybe?

The trick is that I probably can't sell my stock PX4 for much more than $300, which is about a third of the cost of the Langdon gun. Plus, the Langdon guns are only available in 9mm.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

infrared35 posted:

The trick is that I probably can't sell my stock PX4 for much more than $300, which is about a third of the cost of the Langdon gun. Plus, the Langdon guns are only available in 9mm.

Sure.

Unrelated, what would one think of a Stoeger Cougar, DAO, .357SIG? Buddy swears by the thing. It is super smooth.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Uh, that noise you hear is me, fapping with gusto.

I stopped fapping when I saw there were no Stoeger or Beretta Cougars in .357 on gunbroker, DAO or otherwise.

Edit: Nothing at Cabela's either.

infrared35 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jul 4, 2018

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Bud's Gun Shop had a DAO full-size Beretta Cougar in .357... and sold it for $321.

poopgiggle
Feb 7, 2006

it isn't easy being a cross dominate shooter.

infrared35 posted:

It's about the same price as buying it from Beretta on sale, but it would be nice to get it from the source. I think Beretta has the trigger group and hammer spring, but not the trigger bar.

Here's what else I was looking at:

Steel trigger: $55
Ameriglo sights: $90
Spurless hammer: $55
Special Duty/Competition barrel cam: $55

the steel triggers have been reported to break. I'd stick with the stock one; there's not really a performance benefit from the steel one afaik.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

poopgiggle posted:

the steel triggers have been reported to break. I'd stick with the stock one; there's not really a performance benefit from the steel one afaik.

Lame.

Mah "feel of steel"!

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Weren't the steel triggers made by another company?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopgiggle
Feb 7, 2006

it isn't easy being a cross dominate shooter.

Butch Cassidy posted:

Weren't the steel triggers made by another company?

yes. the full story is somewhere in that 5000-page p-f thread

• Locked thread