Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Hell yeah cool-rear end Beretta bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Butch Cassidy posted:

I hate you both right now. If any are left in a couple weeks when my next biggish overtime check comes in, I'm on one.

You might even win the DAO lottery; they might be the Constant Action version! (AKA Beretta DAK)

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Butch Cassidy posted:

What is the deal with the CAT over a true DAO? I've never really looked into it beyond the passing knowledge it's partially cocked like a Kel-Tek.

Yeah, it's basically a pre-cocked system so you get a lighter DAO pull like on the SIG DAK.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

poopgiggle posted:

can we talk about how slick-side PX4s look dope af

Yusss

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

I donít want to brag, but Ernest Langdon just accepted my invitation to connect on LinkedIn.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Butch Cassidy posted:

You two should discuss plans to get the new Langdon series 92 adopted as CBP's next service weapon.

Unf. Or even the PX4. I would be down like the clown, or whatever it is the kids say these days.

Unfortunately the selection criteria for the next handgun are set in stone. Polymer-frame, striker-fired, optic-capable, with finger grooves (yeah, dumb, but that's what you get for letting the officers pick what they want).

Maybe a Langdon edition APX?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

SirDrinksAlot posted:

Are you talking about the color? I think it's just a regular black Px4 with lighting that makes it look off color.

Yep, just terrible lighting and/or camera white balance.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Okay, with Beretta's site-wide 25% off sale, do I spend $350 or so upgrading the poo poo out of my PX4, or do I save up the rest and just buy a Langdon gun?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

It's about the same price as buying it from Beretta on sale, but it would be nice to get it from the source. I think Beretta has the trigger group and hammer spring, but not the trigger bar.

Here's what else I was looking at:

Steel trigger: $55
Ameriglo sights: $90
Spurless hammer: $55
Special Duty/Competition barrel cam: $55

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

madeintaipei posted:

Langdon. You would have spent that money anyway, may as well have something nice. See how it holds up in competition, maybe?

The trick is that I probably can't sell my stock PX4 for much more than $300, which is about a third of the cost of the Langdon gun. Plus, the Langdon guns are only available in 9mm.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Uh, that noise you hear is me, fapping with gusto.

I stopped fapping when I saw there were no Stoeger or Beretta Cougars in .357 on gunbroker, DAO or otherwise.

Edit: Nothing at Cabela's either.

infrared35 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jul 4, 2018

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Bud's Gun Shop had a DAO full-size Beretta Cougar in .357... and sold it for $321.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

poopgiggle posted:

the steel triggers have been reported to break. I'd stick with the stock one; there's not really a performance benefit from the steel one afaik.

Lame.

Mah "feel of steel"!

• Locked thread