Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
lmao, i'm glad i have a wedding today. this game is a total disaster

i'd direct my anger at the warriors, but it's not really their fault, even if all the reasons for hating them are correct (holy poo poo moving screens all day everyday)

the spurs just blow and kawhi isn't even there to support his teammates lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cool Buff Man posted:

Even though he's not playing fortnite, it's not a great sign that he didn't bother to show up to watch the first playoff game against the defending NBA champs. Trouble brewin

the dude is loving gone

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Rudy Gay has great teeth

for real

best smile in the nba?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
patty is not very good

he's a fantastic back up point guard to come in and just give pure energy, space the floor, and hit some 3s

but he's playing way outside of his role this year

no inside game and not very efficient chucking. against 2nd teams he really shines, but in this starting role he's pretty limited. a lot of spurs fans are bummed derrick white isn't getting more time, but pop gambled wrong (or long-term right) and stowed him away in the g-league all year (where he won the championship)

all is not lost for the spurs. with or without kawhi they'll still be pretty good. maybe not serious contenders, but certainly dark horses (with kawhi they could probably seriously contend). there have some talent in the g-league and they're developing their youth decently.

hilliard, white, costello, and their upcoming "low" draft pick (which could get even lower via trade) all have some nice potential

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Dog posted:

pattys usage is down this year, his ts% is fine(55%) and hes hitting 37% of his threes. weird to call him an inefficient chucker

he's icy hot

Ghost Dog posted:

wait till one of their important players gets 2 techs and then no, actually heh sorry one of those was secretly on the caoch what a mix up haha

oh man, that was crazy

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bashez posted:

I miss 5 minutes of gametime and the Spurs go from a 6 minute lead to a 6 point deficit. Sounds about right.

its more 3rd quarter warriors than anything else

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
lma is cool as hell

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Buddha. posted:

seriously though Spurs with Kawhi are a dangerous team. Spurs without Kawhi are a team

i mean, if we could have spent that 18million on someone else that would have helped.

let's not sell them that short. they're a western conference playoff team this year after all kinds of injuries and like 25 different starting lineups.

but the point is well taken. the spurs would be much better with kawhi, a hyper efficient shooter and one of the best wing defenders

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 17, 2018

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Buddha. posted:

I'm not diminishing anything that the Spurs have done or how well the front office and coaching staff identifies and develops talent. What I'm saying is Kawhi, a top 3 talent last year, added more than the sum of this year's parts to create a team that would have likely been very dominant

:agreed:

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
nvm

i hope manu comes back

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

G-Hawk posted:

i think the gap in talent between the curry-less warriors and kawhi-less spurs is too large for any combination of coaching, luck, chemistry, organization, whatever to make up for. that is my opinion on this series

but gently caress the warriors

i agree, but nothing is guaranteed

if the spurs can take one in oakland, they're an exceptional home team and could be surprising

on the other hand, the warriors really are very good and will almost certainly win the series. probably quickly too

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
well that's game

Bashez posted:

How is that a clear path foul?

it was a clear path

Frustrated posted:

Spurs have shot like garbage all year on the road, and shot much better at home, especially from 3.

I like the Spurs rotation a lot more this game, but I still think they should be playing Derrick White instead of Forbes. He's longer and already looks like a better defender.

seriously, where the gently caress is white!? forbes is trash.. just absolute trash

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
my sling tv cut out and i'm wondering if that isn't a sign to just walk away before they warriors go up by like 17

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Frustrated posted:

I keep hearing that he has the smoothest jump shot of all time, then every game I watch he goes like 0-5 from 3...

maybe i'm misremembering, but i'm pretty sure there was like a month or like 6 week stretch where he didn't hit a single 3. its like, what the gently caress is the point? if he's not scoring, especially 3s, and he's getting targeted on defense, then he can't be on the floor.

as i mentioned earlier, its really on pop. he gambled on forbes over white this year, and it turns out white is a lot better and much more ready than forbes is, even as a sophomore.

there is a future for the spurs. there is potential. but this year is rough

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Dog posted:

i like the clothesline on aldridge to get draymond open for 3. a solid fundamental screen where you grab the other guys head and yank backwards

it was a hook, actually

edit: i only point this out because i got hooked today in my rec league and it pissed me off to no end.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
klay thompson is pretty good

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
so maybe he gets an ejection but its at the end of a game they already won

a suspension for the next one would be more appropriate. you can't just elbow people in the face.

then again, lol, warriors

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
easily the most hatable player. jesus christ

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ramadu posted:

he got a flagrant 1 what more do you want????

public execution

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

municipal shrimp posted:

maybe betrans isn't the best person to throw an oop to

nah, he's actually really athletic. it was a bad pass

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

misdirectomy posted:

Getting mad about the Warriors after 1 AM is an experience reserved for an elite posting few

mountain coast, best coast

Bashez posted:

Maybe it's just people mad at getting balled on by a ginger.

bingo

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 17, 2018

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
i feel like the spurs are just like one piece away from being great. like, if they had an efficient scorer who could play inside and out and could get his own buckets that would really take some of the load off of aldridge. it would be really cool if that guy could play good defense to put some pressure on durant or thompson.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

E2M2 posted:

Warriors beat the Spurs so bad last year that Kahwi doesn't even wanna come back

destiny served up the perfect opportunity for him to get his revenge on golden state and he pussied out of it.

gently caress him. even an 80% kawhi could easily tip the scales

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bashez posted:

Chris Paul's playoff numbers are incredible.

yeah, playing the rockets in the first round is no bueno. or at all really.

they're good.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rabid Snake posted:

Was there any doubt about the dubs lol

i think they're beatable.

maybe not by this shell of a spurs team, but if they caught utah or okc or maybe even the pelicans they could have been in hot water without curry

spurs had their own destiny in their hands to get better seeding and a better matchup and they blew it in spectacular fashion

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

who's lamer?

the warriors?

or lebron?

the king is pretty cheesy.

edit: regarding our forbes conversation tonight: he laid goose eggs in every counting stat in 17 minutes (though he did have one clear path foul, lol)

but holy moley, danny green with a stunning -26 on the night

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Apr 17, 2018

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Schlieren posted:

who were those announcers

i started off hating them but ended up really liking them

just lol if you ever like reggie miller as an announcer

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
pelicans are playing WAY better than i ever thought they would.

especially considering portland is one of the nba's best home teams.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
dag yo

maybe the cavs aren't cooked

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
my only question is is this sustainable?

cavs are going at it really hard and lebron's got to sit sometime

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
drat, cavs are pouring it on

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

fouled out

its definitely going to be one of those games

which is fine

but its going to be one of those games

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
wow did jr just make a shot off the dribble? holy moley

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
early leads are vulnerable leads

dipo's pretty cool

but bron's gonna come back and wreck poo poo

congrats to hood on twins. that's cool

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
gaht drat, sabonis should have hit that

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
wow that finish by dipo

:bernpop:

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
well there you go, back to single digits

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Brolander posted:

oh ok the trying is over and here comes the blowing of the lead

i feel like big early leads are actually kind of a bad thing

unless your team is way better. but anytime the teams are relatively evenly matched i feel like big early leads tend to evaporate and that can be really disheartening for a team

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
cavs are shooting phenomenally from 3

...it seems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer