Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Shouldn't have questioned the King of Kong Fu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Hit him behind the ear. Equilibrium probably got hosed.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

One thing I like about Shoeface; when they send him out to get beaten up by middle-aged men, he genuinely seems stoked.

Le Saboteur posted:

I completely forgot Boestch KO'd Hendricks.

lol, I will never forget the fight where Johny Hendricks missed weight for Middleweight.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I was going to say that Boetsch looked better in the scrambles, but then he just sort of moved his head into that choke so.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I don't know, Jon Anik, if I were in a back-alley fight, I feel like Cortney 'Cast-Iron' Casey would be pretty low on the list of people I'd bring.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I feel like Karate Hottie is gonna get beat up here :(

trust your gut, lol

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Her thing for a while was that she was quick and technical, but small and now she's spent a lot of time on the bench and new fighters have come in and old fighters have either gotten better or been released, so she's just small.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Also, she works really well with Greg Jackson, but I haven't seen him in a while.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Waterson trains with Holly Holm, so she does now how to throw a devastating tit-kick.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Casey has mastered the art of almost getting a submission.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I mean, she pretty much had it most of the time, Waterson's just a bit slicker and very flexible. Also had a very nice heel hook.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

This show they're advertising looks loving dreadful, by the way.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That's a weak decision, but it's a strawweight fight involving two women who are nowhere near a title shot, so who cares.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I’m picking us, the fans.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That said, Gaethje.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

they gonna give the winner a title shot?

Probably not. Would be cool, though.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Awesome fight, Dusin’s Leg kick defence was still godawful but those eye pokes gave him a lot of recovery time that he needed. Gaethje owns.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

They're not going to let Dustin Poirier fight Khabib.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Trevor Wittman understands his fighters and knows how to work with them better than literally every single person on this website.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Maybe an outside chance if Conor keeps being dumb as poo poo and Tony doesn't heal up and Khabib demands a title defence before Ramadan, or even after, if both those things keep happening, but even then, I think they'd give it to Eddie.

It sucks, but welcome to the Lightweight divison, where all the best, most exciting fighters exist, but they're never allowed to fight for the title because [unintelligible irish about 'diddy bread']

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

fuckin eddie got melted by conor and then smoked by dustin until he cheated. NO NOO !

He cheated after hurting Dustin real bad, but yeah, they've left the division in limbo and now there's pretty much no one really 'ready' for a title shot barring Dustin.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

i mean much love

lol

MassRafTer posted:

What is significant strikes even signifying if is counting strikes that hit the guard?

Strike stats in general are useless garbage aside from for pointing to and going 'that's cool' and immediately forgetting about.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

I would assume the fight metric folks don't count clearly blocked shots as significant strikes.

Fight Metric folks are like the potato in a briefcase photo in that everything about them only works in theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Time for Poirier-Alvarez 2 for the interim title.

• Locked thread