Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I really liked the first episode! It was funny, the cast is likeable, the music is good in a not in your face way, the visuals were pretty simple until the flight scene and then it was fantastic and beautiful pastel colors everywhere. Its a very accurate depiction of military life! The hazing, the bickering between the different sections, the visual aids and videos for absolutely everything, lower ranking member telling institutionalized guys and gals that the poo poo is stupid (because it is) and then immediately loving up (because thats what privates/airmen do)

Goons posted:

vore vore vore

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nao is the worstbest bully :unsmith:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Man this show is very sweet and heartwarming I hope it keeps down this path. Its so refreshing that all the drama from the episode is just a dragon getting stage fright

Araki posted:

No product placement this week

Wrong. There is plenty of product placement to join the JSDF this episode.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They were calling Masotan by sort of a TAC name as well with Oscar. Hisone didn't like it and rather called him by his real name. There are some parallels between the two here even if its mostly Morikawa being simple, she could have chosen Sweet afterall.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The pilots are all very similar to their dragons so I'm guessing Penguins is also incredibly try hard that also hates her but puts up with it for some reason. He can always just stop letting her pilot it

Penguin is full angst but Morris is going to be the one with real anger issues

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Loling at the captains creeping from last episode being foreshadowing for the dragons MO. They always pick hosed up young women that become dependent of them.

Also the F2 is totally tsundere just like his pilot. The whole always on hotel or Foxtrot depending on pilot reminds me of the whole hot and cold thing.

e-I have a feeling creepy bureaucrat guy isn't a bad guy despite the show trying its damnedest to make it look all shifty

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:17 on May 13, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

all the girls and their dragons are in the spectrum and its great

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jimmy is my spirit animal

unrelated

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 27, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This show can really go any way with its message but right now there seems to be some real drat bad repercussions from not keeping things professional and I want to see how Mari Okada handles things. At first I was thinking "Hey maybe the dragon just wont work well with them and they can work it out" but them turning feral and trying to digest their pilot is way worse than what I was expecting.

e-Netflix anime usually does better when its all shown at one time so I think they did the smart thing by holding it off till its all done. Ultimately the reception is better this way.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 10, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I hope because all the couples are extremely cute~!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Lurking Haro posted:

Don't get in the loving dragon Hisone

Someone is going to scream this to her but she'll ignore it because shes pure and would NEVER cheat on Masotan

• Locked thread