Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
One of my favourite adventure games and -protagonists. Still have the old physical CD box in a shelf.

Oh...oh no.. it is a rubber ducky helplessly trapped in some puzzle design.

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

My only two cents to the current Stargate chat is that there was a cartoon. The plot was, "oppos went through the portal without knowing where it went or its coordinates, we're lost and are trying to get back home. surely we're get back before we're canc-"

You perfectly described the plot of "Sliders" there.

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 24, 2018

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Maybe you are the right person to ask..

What is up with the intricate scheme to hide the heart in a diamond in a duck in a rabbit on a tree? Some foreign allegory or wordplay i am missing or just someone's fetish?

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

cogito ergo incommo posted:

Isn't it a thing where it gives you concept art or something? Not really necessary at all?

Indeed. It is used to unlock the "secret book" (concept art. bloopers etc.) in the menu. So it is extremely necessary.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Somewhere I have a box copy of this game sitting in a bin. I'm now wondering if it would actually still install and work properly on a Win 7 box if I were to dig it out. The odds are poor, but I'm starting to wonder if it's worth searching and trying anyway, instead of waiting and hoping for a sale soon on GoG or Steam.

EDIT: Found the box, but the required OS of Win 95/98/2000/ME suggests that it's not worth bothering.

Getting the the old graphic engine to run is less of a problem with compatibility mode, but the audio does not work properly anymore with modern computers (serious delays in dialogues and sometimes glitches out completely)
GOG version has fixed the audio problems of course.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I don't really get that impression. Arcadia is a land full of backwards people living under monopolistic guilds that pass nonsensical restrictions, they worry about looming invasions and practice casual racism, magic allows one rear end in a top hat to hold all the ships in the harbor hostage, superstitions cause people to avoid doing perfectly reasonable things, and the people often look at Stark and think how much their lives would be better with less chaos and more technology. Arcadia has its positives, but it has plenty of downsides to go with it.

Isn't this connotation already in the name "Arcadia"? The term being used to describe some kind of utopia, living the simple life in the the "good old ways" on the countryside. The contrast to the lifestyle in Arcadia is the fast and busy metropolis with with its refinement in technology and luxury (See: Newport, Stark).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Zeniel posted:

A friend gave me Stellaris...

Wait, what? Don't get your video games confused with my books.