Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Jrue made FIRST TEAM ALL DEFENSE

i don't care about the rest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kibner posted:

Jrue made FIRST TEAM ALL DEFENSE

i don't care about the rest

Hell yeah!!

Oladipo made it too!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
owns

https://twitter.com/OlehKosel/status/999317384174493696

doesn't own quite as much

https://twitter.com/OlehKosel/status/999320239262322688

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

"Fantasy" meaning "this would be fun" not "I bet this would happen"

Shhhhh, Redgrendel needs these things to shitpost about now that the 76ers are out of the playoffs.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Paul George is staying in okc

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Who would have thought one guy breaking another one's jaw would end up being pretty good for both of their careers

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Unless they can get him on really favorable terms, I don't really understand why a rebuilding team would try to lock down a sixth man at market value who happens to play the same position as their most promising prospect. I like Bobby though so whatever

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/999670838495412224?s=09

Billy Donovan, Kelvin Sampson, Tom Izzo. Hell yeah Magic, get those college coaches!

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
They’re apparently also interviewing Clifford, which would be a pretty good hire

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

morestuff posted:

They’re apparently also interviewing Clifford, which would be a pretty good hire

Yeah, I sorta forgot Steve Clifford was fired, that's another pretty good coach just kinda floating out there.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Bring back Stan Van!!

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Some radio guy in Orlando says its Jim Boylan who may be the next coach of the Magic. Also says they're done searching now. I have never heard so many uninspiring coaching candidates all linked to one team

But the Sampson thing was Kelvin himself leaking it so that his school would hurry up his negotiations with them

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

BIZORT posted:

Some radio guy in Orlando says its Jim Boylan who may be the next coach of the Magic. Also says they're done searching now. I have never heard so many uninspiring coaching candidates all linked to one team

But the Sampson thing was Kelvin himself leaking it so that his school would hurry up his negotiations with them

Good god

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

I had a dream last night that Thibs was fired and went back to Chicago to be the head coach there

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Zack posted:

https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/999670838495412224?s=09

Billy Donovan, Kelvin Sampson, Tom Izzo. Hell yeah Magic, get those college coaches!

I will never for the life of me understand why teams think Izzo would be a good NBA coach. He’s also getting close to retirement.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Izzo has been implicated in the whole Nassar thing (in that some of his players assaulted people) so he might be looking for a quick out to wash his reputation.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Lavar:

“If you’re going to be doing those [workouts with] rubber-bands like that dude Gunnar has him doing, that [is] bullsh*t training. That’s what I call it.

“Sh*t, he wasn’t like that when I brought him over there. When he first came [to the Lakers], he never got hurt. He was never hurt.” […]

“Now, you’ve got these guys talking about, ‘Well, I’ve got this special workout for Lonzo…’ No! Lonzo’s gotta lift that pig iron, that real iron, and he’s gotta run some hills. That’s stuff they don’t have him doing.”

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Petition to rename rick to “that pig iron”

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

Lavar:

“If you’re going to be doing those [workouts with] rubber-bands like that dude Gunnar has him doing, that [is] bullsh*t training. That’s what I call it.

“Sh*t, he wasn’t like that when I brought him over there. When he first came [to the Lakers], he never got hurt. He was never hurt.” […]

“Now, you’ve got these guys talking about, ‘Well, I’ve got this special workout for Lonzo…’ No! Lonzo’s gotta lift that pig iron, that real iron, and he’s gotta run some hills. That’s stuff they don’t have him doing.”

WHERES THE LIE

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Lavar:

TIL pig iron is a real thing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_iron

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Pig iron was a critical part of Mao's attempt to produce a rural industrial society in the Great Leap Forward

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
im believing this lie till proven false https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/1000128174691442688

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
He really really should. He's way too thin-skinned for Lakers fans.

---

In a way I get where Lavar is coming from. If a guy has been working out in an old timey 50s gym his whole life the modern poo poo might be hard for his body to initially adapt to.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If I was Pau George I would demand that Carmelo be used to plug an old oil well before I re-sign

Lavar:

Lavar's milk sauteed chicken breasts with bell peppers and the lactose intolerance boils on his sons faces are a testament to toughness and determination

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 26, 2018

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

He really really should. He's way too thin-skinned for Lakers fans.

Hahah, aw that's nice Rick, you're concerned about his feelings, that's it, nothing else to see here

Dejan Bimble posted:

Lavar's milk sauteed chicken breasts with bell peppers and the lactose intolerance boils on his sons faces are a testament to toughness and determination

Lmao

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

I only knew because

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.34:Pig_iron

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/jonjohnsonwip/status/1000469273771462657?s=19

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Doesn't he do basically everything except shoot right handed?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hahah, aw that's nice Rick, you're concerned about his feelings, that's it, nothing else to see here

Lmao

I'm extremely kind!!!!

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
So I've been trying to stalk Jamal Murray for the last two years on his occasional visits back home and apparently I missed him last week so I'm a little bit bummed about that. But I did find what I'm pretty sure is his real facebook from when he was 14/15.

https://www.facebook.com/jamal.murray.129

Pretty standard dumb teenager stuff but I'm still not over being able to look at the dumb poo poo famous people posted on the internet when they were tweens. Living in 2018 owns.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CRISPYBABY posted:

So I've been trying to stalk Jamal Murray for the last two years on his occasional visits back home

This is definitely not something I would casually admit.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah I mean raise your standards a little, I try to stalk players who have at least gotten all-nba

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I had an SUV parked next to me with an "ARENAS" license plate at the supermarket next to the university on Friday but while Gil does come back to Arizona sometimes I don't know if he'd go grocery shopping at Safeway.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

IcePhoenix posted:

REAL
KITCHENER
poo poo

I'm a no. 1 fanboy OK. Having Canadian NBA players that aren't based out of Toronto is a novelty to me.

I currently live across from what seems to be one of Kitchener's more popular outdoor courts (this is not a high standard). There's like four courts beside each other and people will straight up use one of them as a parking lot while they ball in the next one down and I can't get over how funny it looks. No way someone hasn't had a windshield busted up from a stray ball.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

CRISPYBABY posted:

No way someone hasn't had a windshield busted up from a stray ball.

How weak are y'alls windshields

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

I had an SUV parked next to me with an "ARENAS" license plate at the supermarket next to the university on Friday but while Gil does come back to Arizona sometimes I don't know if he'd go grocery shopping at Safeway.

It's a publicly funded SUV. Some politician drives it

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Cool Buff Man posted:

they sold the spaces the SUV park in, its a nice recursive loop

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/aliolsen/status/1000180335194226688?s=19
https://twitter.com/rudygobert27/status/1000202330715951104?s=19

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Entered this thread way later than expected. Celtics in 8

• Locked thread