Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/utahjazz/status/990063165663674368?s=19

hey y'all what's up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

OKC have the three chokers on their team so you can still make it!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

I WON'T ALLOW THE REVERSE JINX HAPPEN AGAINST ME

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

I WON'T ALLOW THE REVERSE JINX HAPPEN AGAINST ME

REVENGE MOTHERFUCKER

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Paul George is a good fisherman

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Not today

In ~1 week we'll be back here though

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Athanatos posted:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MelancholyMark posted:

Not today

In ~1 week we'll be back here though

It's true :(

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Wiz fan joining in here, looking forward to being able to make no improvements to the roster because the dipshit forever GM handicaps himself with awful contracts and trading picks to get out of awful contracts

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
:rip: yung metapod im praying for you brother. come bandwagon the rockets.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Welcome Thunder fans. Do you want to give Paul George the Super Max?

E: Also apparently welcome to the Wizards who I thought played tomorrow.

Rick fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Apr 28, 2018

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I want Paul to stay

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

No, tomorrow is the day where I probably join this thread

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

You give him everything because what else are you going to do?

He is only eligible for the 30% salary Max, not the 35% supermax. That's still a big contract but otherwise you are in 11 seed realm with Russ.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Ishin posted:

Wiz fan joining in here, looking forward to being able to make no improvements to the roster because the dipshit forever GM handicaps himself with awful contracts and trading picks to get out of awful contracts

I wish I could add more than Fire Ernie but yeah until that happens...

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I wish people weren't utter retards about Russ

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Metapod posted:

I wish people weren't utter retards about Russ

I know, it's ridiculous people somehow believe he's the type of player that can lead a team deep into the playoffs.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I know, it's ridiculous people somehow believe he's the type of player that can lead a team deep into the playoffs.

Can you keep your one man crusade limited to one thread please

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

He has lead a team to the wcf four times and the finals once op

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Metapod posted:

He has lead a team to the wcf four times and the finals once op

Wierd way to spell Kevin Durant

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Kevin Love led the Cavs to 3 straight finals and a championship

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Cool Buff Man posted:

Can you keep your one man crusade limited to one thread please

I'm taking the Russ approach, inefficient shots in volume. you realize this makes you me?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Wierd way to spell Kevin Durant

Durant was never the leader of the team op Russ has and will always be the heart and soul of okc

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm taking the Russ approach, inefficient shots in volume. you realize this makes you me?

It doesn't bother me too much cuz I'm not in love with Russ but it's just a whole lot of trolling to anger one or two people!

Also KD was def the best player on those teams but he is not a leader by any means

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I can't believe Cool Buff Man's cousin is trolilng Metapod like this

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jota posted:

I can't believe Cool Buff Man's cousin is trolilng Metapod like this

Last week he stole Percocets out of gam-gam's medicine cabinet so I'm a little raw with him atm

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Russ seems like the type of Leader where everyone goes "Yeah, okay boss," and then they go to work because they are professionals.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Athanatos posted:

Catfisherman maybe

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Just a reminder that Russ blew a 3-1 lead in the WCF and dribbled it off his foot in the last minute of game 7.

A great leader.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cool Buff Man posted:

No, tomorrow is the day where I probably join this thread

I feel like the Bucks not only play better at home, which is not unusual, but they also are coached better at home, which is in fact strange. i suppose we will see though.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

I feel like the Bucks not only play better at home, which is not unusual, but they also are coached better at home, which is in fact strange. i suppose we will see though.

Yeah I think both teams are much much better at home, but Giannis finally woke up last game and that's gonna be a real problem while Middleton is throwing flames cuz they have no realistic way to stop them both. Ojeleye has done an amazing job sacrificing his body to contain the two of them during their various streaks but if they're both cooking the Celtics just can't score enough points to keep up

I hope I'm wrong of course. Would love to get embarrassed by the Sixers

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i am not the biggest russ fan here or anything and I like making fun of him for taking a billion field goals but i think the problem with okc is that russ george and adams are the only players on the team who are above average. Also their "offense" is extremely bad and inefficient as hell

edit: and their 4th best player is andre roberson and he was out so that didn't help either

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

G-Hawk posted:

i am not the biggest russ fan here or anything and I like making fun of him for taking a billion field goals but i think the problem with okc is that russ george and adams are the only players on the team who are above average. Also their "offense" is extremely bad and inefficient as hell

edit: and their 4th best player is andre roberson and he was out so that didn't help either

Jerami Grant has turned into a legitimately good bench player. More winshares and ws/48 than Roberson and he managed a 60% true shooting while not having a 3 point shot. I know what you mean though and it's not enough

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

Jerami Grant has turned into a legitimately good bench player. More winshares and ws/48 than Roberson and he managed a 60% true shooting while not having a 3 point shot. I know what you mean though and it's not enough

Yeah i was gonna add Grant but i guess thats kind of my point, if jerami grant is your 4th best player, not ideal. Roberson would have finished with more WS if he wasn't hurt. Grant is a solid bench player but OKC was literally starting Corey loving Brewer.

But yeah general point is I don't think RWB is the problem with the Oklahoma City Thunder.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think there are genuine problems with trying to build anything more than a perpetual 4 or 5 seed around Russ but anyone who thinks he was the problem last night because of a couple airballs is insane. They would have gotten buried in the 3rd quarter when Mitchell went off without him.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i..is this a conversation about okc and russ thats not just shouting hot takes

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MourningView posted:

I think there are genuine problems with trying to build anything more than a perpetual 4 or 5 seed around Russ but anyone who thinks he was the problem last night because of a couple airballs is insane. They would have gotten buried in the 3rd quarter when Mitchell went off without him.

Also Paul George went 2/16 and had more turnovers than points so anyone thinking/saying that the answer was to give him more shots just didn't watch the game

Russ did what he had to do

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

MourningView posted:

Yeah I agree that OKC can't ever be more than 1st/2nd round team if Russ plays this way, but I can't really blame Russ for playing this way when the other option is kicking the ball out to Corey Brewer or Raymond Felton chucking or something. But now assuming that Carmelo opts in, they're going to have no cap room or flexibility to add much.

Maybe Presti will get creative and/or lucky, but its really difficult to see what their path forward is beyond the current ceiling, and thats assuming George stays.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
i'm not a big fan of westbrook. in fact, there are times where i can be a borderline hater

but the fact is he's not as bad as his detractors make him out to be, but he's also not the basketball god his fans hype him up as

he really is a complicated player and like some other complicated players, you have to take the good with the bad. its all part of the same package

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Cool Buff Man posted:

Jerami Grant is what everyone hoped KJ McDaniels would become

• Locked thread