Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

less than 8 hours to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

In the Ghosts of Onomichi quest, how do I get the last fight to trigger? I've gotten to the point where Kiryu says one more fight will put their souls to rest but everytime I go to the graveyard theres nobody there.
i got that just wandering around until it triggered, no story progress or specific substory was required

on that note is there a breakdown on best min/max food available? i've pieced together the obvious ones but more looking for a comprehensive analysis

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

isk posted:

OH NOOOOOOOO

If you're not using Daigo, he is broken - his ability adds 150 points to the meter. I usually lead with Daigo plus a healer, then grab whoever. Date and Akiyama have useful abilities against grenades (less about countering the damage and more the knockdown). Outside of that, ~10 gun thugs are usually enough. Only time I really need to micromanage movement is when a leader charges enemies by himself.
daigo means you can just spam leaders out so go find ones with "everyone is immune to damage for 10s" and stagger the abilities out along with major damage dealers

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

the best tech meal is blue mountain coffee in cafe alps, it's just expensive and requires a lot of menuing (5 appetite, 1000 yen, 14 tech, 16 spirit), the best overall meal is in onomichi grab takobutsu from yonetoku for ~53 base exp combined for 5 appetite, again a ton of menuing

at least that's what i've seen, really for time you're better grabbing quick burner from rizap (10 exp to all, -50 appetite, 5000 yen) then finding some sushi

there should be some comprehensive breakdown of this somewhere the game's been out long enough

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

what's in fun pack 2 anyway i didn't see it in the place fun pack 1 was

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

The first 3 items in the top and middle rows at Sushi Gin (so 6 items total) give great tech xp as a meal, and hit a combination bonus at the same time for even more xp.

It's 140 hunger per session so you will burn through the RIZAP hunger supplements but it's still a million times cheaper and easier than most other methods, maxed myself out for the trophy in about 15minutes of eating from 200 heat all the way to the limit, and don't need to travel back and forth too far for the supplements or to hit up clan creator for quick funds.
ya the only other real sink is getting someone to lvl 99 in clan creator

any better money maker than 200k/go in there? fighting is way too inconsistent even focusing on yakuza

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

right for the clan creator here's my strike team from codes that dominate any game i put them in:

99% sure these are the right codes, there's a lot of conflicting information out there
Satsuki (R) - MYSTRYMANSATSUKI
Shun Akiyama (SR) - 0INTHEREDAKIYAMA
Makoto Date (R) - detectivemanDate
Kazuma Kiryu (C) - S66X7BAQN4ECAEE9
Goro Majima (C) - T2OMQ7FM5KBJPOUR
Daigo Dojima (R) - THE6THHEADOFTOJO

that's also the strike team order left->right. the plan is to use Daigo's ability (+150 deployment gauge) to rush out leaders. so start, send him out, instantly use his ability (unless you're over 150 late-game) then send out Majima, Kiryu and Date. wait until they hit a crowd then activate Date's ability which is "All allies take no damage for 10 seconds", then Kiryu's (All allies hit 50% harder for 10 seconds and suffer no knockback), and Majima (Inflict major damage and stun enemies in range).

by the time they go off enough enemies should be dead for points to send out Akiyama and Satsuki. Akiyama's just got good stats and I'm not sure if the ability is any good (All allies enter a state of frenzied attack for 10 seconds). Satsuki's just another take no damage for 10s skill. in difficult fights you'll be staggering him and Date , and if you want then send out as many red guys as possible as anyone else just gets in the way and they're all cannon fodder really. maybe a few grenadiers but they don't work well in groups - lots of knocking enemies back who'll be invincible as they slowly get back up.

Kiryu and Majima being common don't have amazing stats and could probably be replaced but if you want to get someone to lvl 99 they're good choices for low-investment as it scales by rarity.

there's going to be better teams once all the codes and combinations are figured out but that made clan creator trivial including all the online content. the biggest barrier is the intro and outro animations

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Are there any restaurants that dump charm points on you. I know sushi gin gives green but need big purps.
cafe alps, blue mountain

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

DrNutt posted:

Honestly playing 0, Kiwami, and then 6 makes me think they just need to halve their encounter rate. I get that the game is supposed to be about beating people's asses, but they have to know by now that it's not the draw of the game.
the strangest part is if you use the completion list as an idea of how many people they expect you to beat over the course of the game. they seemed to have increased fight density and fixed spawns on chokepoints in the city, but significantly lowered the requirements

when's the latest into the game someone's got the last beat x people item on their completion list? compare it to 0/kiwami where you had style-specific and # of different heat attacks that encouraged diversity

also i'll take mahjong every game if they keep forgetting to include shogi

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

the minigame is bad though, which is a shame

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

grenadiers are useless and won't attack more than one at a time really, they just waste time ragdolling people around the map

i posted a large writeup of how to break the game if you're willing to use codes to unlock characters

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

right for the clan creator here's my strike team from codes that dominate any game i put them in:

99% sure these are the right codes, there's a lot of conflicting information out there
Satsuki (R) - MYSTRYMANSATSUKI
Shun Akiyama (SR) - 0INTHEREDAKIYAMA
Makoto Date (R) - detectivemanDate
Kazuma Kiryu (C) - S66X7BAQN4ECAEE9
Goro Majima (C) - T2OMQ7FM5KBJPOUR
Daigo Dojima (R) - THE6THHEADOFTOJO

that's also the strike team order left->right. the plan is to use Daigo's ability (+150 deployment gauge) to rush out leaders. so start, send him out, instantly use his ability (unless you're over 150 late-game) then send out Majima, Kiryu and Date. wait until they hit a crowd then activate Date's ability which is "All allies take no damage for 10 seconds", then Kiryu's (All allies hit 50% harder for 10 seconds and suffer no knockback), and Majima (Inflict major damage and stun enemies in range).

by the time they go off enough enemies should be dead for points to send out Akiyama and Satsuki. Akiyama's just got good stats and I'm not sure if the ability is any good (All allies enter a state of frenzied attack for 10 seconds). Satsuki's just another take no damage for 10s skill. in difficult fights you'll be staggering him and Date , and if you want then send out as many red guys as possible as anyone else just gets in the way and they're all cannon fodder really. maybe a few grenadiers but they don't work well in groups - lots of knocking enemies back who'll be invincible as they slowly get back up.

Kiryu and Majima being common don't have amazing stats and could probably be replaced but if you want to get someone to lvl 99 they're good choices for low-investment as it scales by rarity.

there's going to be better teams once all the codes and combinations are figured out but that made clan creator trivial including all the online content. the biggest barrier is the intro and outro animations
someone yell if there's improvements to be made here btw

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

late-game you have 300 by default so can get them all out at once effectively by using daigo's ability, really there's isn't much left to optimise given how the minigame functions. so much downtime to those intro/outro animations

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

i'd bet that it comes down to the devtime to make a kiwami and also to give enough solo shelf time for the titles. right now they're dedicated to at least 4 yakuza titles (3-5, new) and they don't want 3-5's release schedule to overlap with the new title and all the marketing they'd have planned (across all regions). they've also publicly talked about being careful about flooding the market with titles and want to make sure they don't exhaust their audience

localisation's already talked about trying to get titles into more than english as well, so there's a lot of extra work going on behind the scenes. the engine upgrade sounds like it's helped things along, but that doesn't mean that 3-5 will be fine since it doesn't sound like they'd be on the new engine (but the effort required to port is odd)

good luck to localisation dealing with 3 more yakuza games to localise and bring to their standards when it's inevitably confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

its grey market, you may as well get it from fanatical if you want a bigger discount

• Locked thread