Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've only played PS2 Yakuza, a bit of 2, then skipped everything until Zero because my PS3's hard drive is hosed up and won't play 4 and 5 off PSN :saddowns: Is there a thing like in 2 that sums up the previous games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Policenaut posted:

It has recaps in the main menu for all the main games except Zero, and the story apparently has lots of flashbacks and loading screen things to fill in blanks.

:buddy: Thanks for the heads up! I still plan to go back and play the rest (especially Kiwami 2 when it comes out :tem:) but it's good to know I don't have to do external research to find out what happened

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I have unironically been learning to pull t-shirts off in one swoop ever since fighting Liquid Snake in 1998. If you grab the inside of your left collar, then pull as you swing your left arm upwards in a 270 degree angle, your shirt will hit the floor with a satisfying thud. Just don't catch your chin.

With that said I've never been able to replicate Kiryu's pulling off a suit jacket and buttoned up shirt in one swoop. Not without destroying either the shirt or my left arm at least.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Neo Rasa posted:

Cinematically it's edited so that there's an obvious cut in between which someone runs in and unbuttons their shirts. Exhibit A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxkr4wS7XqY

I have been practicing this for nearly twenty years don't you dare ruin this for me.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Finish Zero, and then I'd even go so far as play Kiwami afterwards.

Kiwami really feels like an expansion pack to Zero, and the story is just so god drat good

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Stelas posted:

having to farm Majima to get more attacks

I respect your opinion but also I cannot mentally comprehend NOT wanting to fight Majima at every physically possible opportunity

This is a completely alien feeling that I cannot understand. Like I can understand needing a break to eat or piss but why would you not want to dive back into battle

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I know it's probably just being a low level, but fighting feels a lot slower in Y6 than 0 or Kiwami.

With that said, the fact that you start with the ability to swing enemies at other enemies right away is just :discourse: so god drat good

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I don't know Akiyama personally since I never got to play beyond Yakuza 2 for any real amount of time, but (early game spoilers, before reaching the media res prologue) I really kinda feel like stealing this baby is a bad idea, also I like Akiyama so far so I don't like having to smash him with a crib :saddowns:

Also while typing this, Date revealed his hand and oh my god Date you're the loving best ever. I hope Akiyama doesn't hold a grudge

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
As much as I loved the 0/Kiwami styles, the fighting in 6 feels SO god drat good now that I'm used to it :black101:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Saoshyant posted:

Sega put out a survey to gauge the reactions for Yakuza 6. Here's the thing, though: they also put a question asking if people would be willing to buy the Fist of North Star game. If you are, then you should answer the survey ASAP if you want to give its possible localization a chance.

From the other thread, but you should totally fill this out. Not just to show support for FotNS (which is extremely important) but because there's a surprise at the very end

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
He also motions with his head what he wants. :ssh: It's Cabaret Club Czar's hand gesture thing except with a baby

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

twistedbutterfly posted:

fishing is my favorite minigame

I haven't gotten to Y6's fishing yet, but these words make no sense to me in this order

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Are you scripted to lose the first Baseball game because I obliterated the enemy team until the final inning where they suddenly got sixteen points in a row and ended the game 21-22

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh my god I just met (Hiroshima chapter 5 side story, westmost side) Pocket Circuit Fighter and I'm legit kinda bummed :saddowns: Poor guy's fallen on hard times.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Is there any way to see food combos you've already discovered? The only one I can ever remember when I'm hungry is the one with two wines at La Pente

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Whenever I get a Troublr notification

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Sad that cider is so unrepresented in Kamurocho :(

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Holy poo poo that actually IS Beat Takeshi :stare: I knew he looked crazy familiar but couldn't pin him down

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Chapter 6 I recognized Yuya instantly because his mouth is like 1.5x the size of a normal mouth. Also Kiryu you rear end in a top hat you made Yuta run from Stardust to Kanrai while red-lining making GBS threads himself?? New Serena was RIGHT THERE!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Only the one that they use for the baby shaking minigame, and you only have to do that once for the achievement. Any other will repeat until you pass.

That was the worst possible way to refer to that minigame while also being correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So is the cat food just a guessing game that I should look up a guide for

I've only gotten to feed two cats so far, and for both of them I fed them cat food that had a cat that looked like them on the label and they loved it both times

I can't say 100% that's the answer but it's worth a shot

• Locked thread