Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Darts players do a ONE HUNDRED AND EIIIGHTY lots of times I hope this helps :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Groke posted:

Jokes aside, I had a childhood friend who, as a teenager, became a bit of a virulent racist. This was in a rural part of Norway with very few visible minorites of any kind, at the time. We kind of drifted apart after that.

Couple decades later, randomly got in touch again, the same dude was by then (and still is) married to a black African lady and they have a bunch of mixed-race kids (growing into fine specimens of young adulthood by now). That's one dude who certainly changed his outlook on life at some point.

All hate is self loathing.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?
There was a guy I really respected. He had a science doctorate and a really posh job, was liberal, moderate and open-minded. But somehow Obama not fulfilling every campaign promise basically made him incredibly jaded (PRISM broke him), which led to his reading Zerohedge. Suddenly, all these esoteric financial charts started showing up on his feed, and he would post these dumb Tyler Durden-authored rants about Obama's imminent wars, the imminent global financial collapse, the horrors of Keynesian economics and how they had caused all problems after the recession. Then came the goldbug libertarian bullshit (the FED is a fiat currency conspiracy to destabilize economies), the idea that anarcho-capitalism was the solution to all problems, the loving stupid RT interviews with assorted Russian mystic morons. All the usual Zerohede rabbit hole things. I stopped following him and was a bit worried about him. Hopefully he came back to Earth, and didn't become a alt-right Trumpist.

Love Rat fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 19, 2018

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

It's not a fakey either :colbert:

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

Groke posted:

Jokes aside, I had a childhood friend who, as a teenager, became a bit of a virulent racist. This was in a rural part of Norway with very few visible minorites of any kind, at the time. We kind of drifted apart after that.

Couple decades later, randomly got in touch again, the same dude was by then (and still is) married to a black African lady and they have a bunch of mixed-race kids (growing into fine specimens of young adulthood by now). That's one dude who certainly changed his outlook on life at some point.

I have a cousin who was super racist as a teenager (parroting his dad for the most part) who became a violent drunk in his late teens and early 20s. Then he joined the army, dropped the booze, became close friends with non-white dudes in his unit, and is now a fairly progressive, anti-racist liberal with a great and loving family. No more blackout drunk bullshit, no more racist diatribes.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Songbearer posted:

Darts players do a ONE HUNDRED AND EIIIGHTY lots of times I hope this helps :)

loving beaten again.

Oh well, here's Phil "The Power" Taylor and Adrian "Jackpot" Lewis doing Wuuuuuuunnn Hunnnndred and Eiiiiiiightyyyyy lots of times. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za2hsTT8G1A

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Someone who was once kind of became someone who is very frightening

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Pick posted:

Someone who was once kind of became someone who is very frightening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3tku40D21U