Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I was reading and I came across this post

precision posted:

From personal experience, I can sadly confirm. I knew a guy who was my best friend for over 10 years. Before I met him, and during those 10 years, he was a MEGA hippie, MEGA liberal, was into New Age philosophy (RA Wilson, McKenna, Leary), was a tremendous pothead and astrologer - he could make birth charts like nobody's business, and was a decent Tarot card reader (I was better, which annoyed him since I believe they're a mentalist trick and he believed they were Actually Supernatural).

After a really bad breakup with a girl, he started being reclusive, and most nights would sit in his garage chain smoking, drinking, and listening to talk radio (specifically Michael Savage). At first, he was listening "ironically" and whenever I came over we'd relentlessly mock him. But at a certain point, one day he just decided he was a Far Right Christian, started going to church (and not a "cool" Christian church, a Fundamentalist one, I went with him one time and they told me that Gnostic Christians are inspired by Satan and are going to Hell) and started unironically agreeing with everything Savage said.

I didn't see him at all during the last year of his life because of this; even as he was dying, he didn't call me (it took a couple days, and he wasn't unconscious). Really sad especially since I was the very last friend he drove off. By that time I was the only person even left in the area that had known him more than 2 years.

I'm always really fascinated by people who have done a 180. Do you know anyone in your life who has?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

i like that posted:

I went from goodie 2 shoes, the perfect always responsible daughter and A+ student, had normal friendships as a child, to isolated individual living on the fringes of society.

How/why did that happen?

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A Fancy Hat posted:

He's married to a woman who has transformed into a similarly muscled hulk of a woman over the course of their marriage. One time they posted a video on facebook live and, thinking they had ended it, they started arguing back and forth and she eventually said "THIS IS WHY YOU ONLY LIKE THE STRAP ON, ISN'T IT".

This is hilarious

Is this guy involved in Beachbody by any chance?

• Locked thread