Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indecisive Squirrel
Apr 28, 2009
Ugh this makes me so sad. I don’t think you’re wrong to be worried as it sounds like there is neglect or at the very least, your new roommate is a lovely pet owner.

I’ve never owned a hedgehog, but if they’re like other small pets/rodents they need constant access to water at the minimum. When I had a hamster growing up, I also made sure she had some kind of food in her habitat and then would give her snacks like veggies or yogurt chips from time to time. The poor thing needs some kind of stimulation too, as I’m sure it gets bored hanging out in it’s dirty cage.

As for the cats, a few toys wouldn’t hurt anyone. They probably “just sleep” because they don’t have any interaction. :saddowns: I’m happy to hear that the one has taken to you. Poor baby just needs some love.

This situation is kind of hard to approach, but maybe ask your roommate if he’d mind you getting some cheap cat toys (like catnip mice, crinkle balls, or pom pom balls). A small investment of <$5 might mean the world to these kitties. Additionally, you could approach him and say that you were researching ways to try and help with their and the hedgehogs care, and found out that they need (insert vet recommendation here about goof & social interaction) and see what he says.

Hopefully that’s enough to get something rolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread