Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

You know, I'm curious, isn't the guy in this commercial supposed to be a comedian or performer of some sort who was relatively famous at the time? I kind of thought so but I could never place him.

This one's ~Japanese~ but it's reasonably notable for two reasons: one, it's from a time that Square would collab with truly huge multinationals and use their absurd library of CG assets to create whole commercials for cross-promotion, and two, this commercial for FF9 was a bit infamous as being the official reveal of Garnet/Dagger, yes, in a Coke ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqWUoy7d8Qc

It's so gloriously weird (especially since it's stupidly high-effort for the time) and I'm sad that all we get these days are Louis Vutton on Lightning (years after her game came out) and Cup Noodle memes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread