Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best new Raw additions? (multi-choice)
This poll is closed.
Kevin & Sami 95 35.06%
Drew McIntyre 63 23.25%
Jinder Mahal 18 6.64%
Bobby Roode 12 4.43%
The Riott Squad 20 7.38%
Nattie 16 5.90%
Mojo Rawley and Zack Ryder 11 4.06%
Ziggler (Comedy Option) 36 13.28%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Liquid Communism posted:

It's not like it matters what brand he's on. He hasn't had a meaningful feud in years, he exists to be hot-shotted into main even title programs.

What's sad is Orton could certainly fire up and do a hot program with someone if they came up with something good for him to do and he was into it, but I think the last time that happened was Brock and I think that was the last straw for him putting in proper effort. These days it's all flying nothings into RKO's, and oh wow he came in after the match and hit an RKO OUTTA NOWHERE on his current feud partner, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Reunite American Alpha, never mention the Kurt Angle's son thing again.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Do it ironically posted:

cant wait for big rear end to tear up smackdown

excuse me it's colin asstitty now

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
How about you give us Miz and we give you Mojo and Ryder and Roode and Ziggler and Jinder?

"Five for one? I'd be a fool not to!" - Kurt Angle

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Abroham Lincoln posted:

excuse me it's colin asstitty now

lmao

I also love that corbin got a photo only, didn't let him get any screen time

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Midnightghoul posted:

205 Live has their Doug Williams now

they just put guys on 205 now, like blake murphy.

sorry i really forgot that wasnt his name, honestly

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Do it ironically posted:

lmao

I also love that corbin got a photo only, didn't let him get any screen time

He got a little video package

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Or Jinder wins the US Title back at GRR.

Oh yeah good call.

Aphrodite posted:

Yes, 4h new standard.

Did Dave report that? That'd make sense and before people lose their poo poo, remember, when there were cobranded shows there were often 2 in a month, so...

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

ShakeZula posted:

He got a little video package

The real star was the picture they had of him

I genuinely don't know what's wrong with his face

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

The real star was the picture they had of him

I genuinely don't know what's wrong with his face

Behold the ravages of age!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh yeah good call.

Did Dave report that? That'd make sense and before people lose their poo poo, remember, when there were cobranded shows there were often 2 in a month, so...

I thought it was confirmed somewhere but I can’t find it, so I guess not.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hey guys remember last year when everyone was freaking out about SD getting raided and then it turned out that a bunch of RAW guys were going to SD also but they just waited until SD to show them because that's the point?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Or Jinder wins the US Title back at GRR.

This wouldn't solve the "both midcard belts on Raw" issue though, since Jinder is on Raw now

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Hey guys remember last year when everyone was freaking out about SD getting raided and then it turned out that a bunch of RAW guys were going to SD also but they just waited until SD to show them because that's the point?

No people were worried the names being taken would ruin Smackdown, which it did.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Aphrodite posted:

No people were worried the names being taken would ruin Smackdown, which it did.

The only name being taken that ruined smackdown was ryan ward.

Also I don't think Smackdown even lost anyone of value tonight? Gable or Corbin I guess? I'm not counting KOSZ, of course.

e: I think the IC match at GRR is a ladder match so Miz winning while everyone else is dead is feasible.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So I'm thinking Finn will be the really big Raw name going to SD, and quite possibly Jeff. I hope there's more shifting than that but we'll see.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'm not sure there's anyone that can move to Smackdown and make the show worse, which is crazy. Like, all the dead weight was already on Smackdown, and they purged it all in one fell swoop.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

Veryslightlymad posted:

I'm not sure there's anyone that can move to Smackdown and make the show worse, which is crazy. Like, all the dead weight was already on Smackdown, and they purged it all in one fell swoop.

That's my thought here too. Orton aside, they moved every single person I was tired of to Raw. Even the dregs of Raw would be fine on the blue show. I guess you can't gut a show when you're trying to sell a two-pack to FOX.

I just wish the writing on SD hadn't gone down the shitter in the last 12 or so months (at least it feels like it did to me).

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
you can't gut a show that has already been gutted

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

It wouldn't shock me if Seth goes to SmackDown because the IC title is what The Miz and Bryan would naturally feud over.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My ticket to a Raw house show to see Finn and Asuka is gonna turn into me seeing Jinder and Roode :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rarity posted:

My ticket to a Raw house show to see Finn and Asuka is gonna turn into me seeing Jinder and Roode :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Am I the only one that thinks it looks like not even Roman believes in the garbage he has to deliver out there?

His eyes and his delivery just look to me like he's sooooo loving past this poo poo.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

VJeff posted:

Am I the only one that thinks it looks like not even Roman believes in the garbage he has to deliver out there?

His eyes and his delivery just look to me like he's sooooo loving past this poo poo.

Roman is never particularly good at seeming sincere, but in this case he has absolutely nothing to work with. It's "Well, after all of that Brock Lesnar beat the absolute poo poo out of me, but I have a rematch with him, for Reasons, so, uh, look forward to that, I guess, bitch." They're sticking him with the same script he was using to hype up WrestleMania only now it rings even less true because he got brutally punked out.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CarlCX posted:

Roman is never particularly good at seeming sincere, but in this case he has absolutely nothing to work with. It's "Well, after all of that Brock Lesnar beat the absolute poo poo out of me, but I have a rematch with him, for Reasons, so, uh, look forward to that, I guess, bitch." They're sticking him with the same script he was using to hype up WrestleMania only now it rings even less true because he got brutally punked out.

God, it blows my mind that they changed the finish and then didn't change the match AT ALL to give Roman more shine. Just beat the poo poo out of him for 16 minutes, kill his finisher by having Brock kick out of four of them, then pin him. What the gently caress.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Brock Lesnar discovered Romans one weakness: 6 F5's

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Commissar Ken posted:

Behold the ravages of age!

Honestly its a good look for him. He needs a more ravaged face cause when I first saw him the face didn't fit the rest of the gimmick.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He's extremely sleazy! Sleaze it up! I love the nasty creep wrestler who is named Baron Corbin. I wish he would put his skullet down into his eyes though. That would be Ultra sleazy

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So I'm thinking Finn will be the really big Raw name going to SD, and quite possibly Jeff. I hope there's more shifting than that but we'll see.

God, imagine a show with Finn, Shinsuke, AJ, Bryan, and Miz promos.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Cavauro posted:

He's extremely sleazy! Sleaze it up! I love the nasty creep wrestler who is named Baron Corbin. I wish he would put his skullet down into his eyes though. That would be Ultra sleazy

ambrose and corbin could have a match over the rights to the sleazy man gimmick

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cabbit posted:

God, imagine a show with Finn, Shinsuke, AJ, Bryan, and Miz promos.

Now imagine that show booked by The Road Dogg.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Personally I'd be very happy if I never saw Baron Corbin on WWE tv again(same with Jinder Mahal, Dolph Ziggler, and Randy Orton), shame it won't be happening any time soon

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Imagine seeing Bob Roode and thinking, "this is a dynamic talent that I MUST have on my show!"

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

a new study bible! posted:

Imagine seeing Bob Roode and thinking, "this is a dynamic talent that I MUST have on my show!"

I'm going to miss Rusev calling him Bobrude

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/986087302261870592

lol Bayley's gonna be stuck on Raw alone

Korelle
Sep 18, 2010
Congrats to the excellent GM Paige who managed to ship off all the Smackdown dead weight after only one week on the job.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

I wonder how Paige is going to interact with Absolution now that she's a quasi-face thanks to her retirement.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Korelle posted:

Congrats to the excellent GM Paige who managed to ship off all the Smackdown dead weight after only one week on the job.

She got practice by dumping Alberto

reality_groove posted:

I wonder how Paige is going to interact with Absolution now that she's a quasi-face thanks to her retirement.

Not at all, I assume? Like, the Ronda angle on Raw screams "Nattie turns on Ronda and leads Absolution"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

J-Ru thank you for the new champion image layout, it looks much better :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it badly sucks how many people got poached by raw From smackdown. There are barely any wrestlers on SD now, and way too many on Raw. I know they are doing dual-branded PPVs but was it really just so they could have 45 people on raw and 15 on smackdown? Vince is senile, b-show, road dogg

• Locked thread