Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best new Raw additions? (multi-choice)
This poll is closed.
Kevin & Sami 95 35.06%
Drew McIntyre 63 23.25%
Jinder Mahal 18 6.64%
Bobby Roode 12 4.43%
The Riott Squad 20 7.38%
Nattie 16 5.90%
Mojo Rawley and Zack Ryder 11 4.06%
Ziggler (Comedy Option) 36 13.28%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

PatRichCapone posted:

Honestly, heres the scoop on the Saudi deal. MBS knows it'll put a smile on the mouth of WWE Hall of Famer President of the United States Donald J. Trump. Maybe (!) T will even get a kickback of some kind.
MBS is going to sell the first women's match in Saudi (2021? too ambitious? I think it could be sooner) in can be spun as some kind of progressive moment for his society to the west. Rousey Flair 1 at Mania next year, rematch at the GRR, good press for everybody?

nah nobody cares about wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Aphrodite posted:

He saw that lovely fake hip toss knee thing she does, and decided that's enough for her.

That's a good hip toss. :colbert:

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Shayna doesn't know you, has never heard of you, will likely never meet you or see you or be aware of you in any way.

I mention all the above just to stress that yes, despite all that she does want to murder you (and me, and everybody else*) with her bare hands.

* Except Ronda. Maybe. Maybe.

As somebody who hasn't watched NXT lately until I resubscribed to the network for Mania, Shayna fought fair, sold a bunch, had some hope spots, fought through an injury and got pops for performing self-surgery in the middle of a match, is friends with top face Ronda Rousey, and cut a promo about fighting the best of the best.

Her Takeover opponent, who may be a werewolf, called her a monster.

Shayna's face, right?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Shayna is a vicious monster heel

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Kull the Conqueror posted:

That's a good hip toss. :colbert:

Yeah you have to remember people here have awful taste in wrestling moves. A hip toss that's faked out into a knee to the face rules.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It could, but she has not succeeded.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Is there a discord?

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Yeah, the invitation link is in the rules thread.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Wait, did Charlotte get moved to Raw? Or is she going to stay on Smackdown to become champion again to lead to champ Ronda at Mania?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

fart blood posted:

https://uproxx.com/prowrestling/when-wwe-decided-to-end-asuka-streak-wrestlemania-34-charlotte-ronda-rousey/

Apparently Vince "lost faith" in Asuka as a top woman to face Ronda Rousey.

How is that possible?

u mean aska that looser that tapped out LOL

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Vince looked at Asuka and saw a short Japanese woman, then looked at Charlotte, a tall Aryan woman, in the ring together and made his decision.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Paige is kayfabe the best authority figure ever in terms of talent acquisition one week into her positon

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Cena made Nikki sign a 75 page contract where he called her a "guest" in his home and stipulated she had to get the F out instantly if they broke up.

What a guy.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Chris James 2 posted:

Paige is kayfabe the best authority figure ever in terms of talent acquisition one week into her positon

She’s got Jeff, laconics and Joe?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Alan_Shore posted:

Cena made Nikki sign a 75 page contract where he called her a "guest" in his home and stipulated she had to get the F out instantly if they broke up.

What a guy.

Cena being a weird, robotic introvert is well known.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Alan_Shore posted:

What a guy.

Unironically a great agreement all men and women should try to get from their significant others.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

fart blood posted:

Unironically a great agreement all men and women should try to get from their significant others.

What if you rent or buy the place together, smart guy?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
John Cena is the weirdest guy on earth

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

Hustle comes before loyalty and respect for a reason.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Golden Bee posted:

She’s got Jeff, laconics and Joe?

Jeff Hardy, Iconics, Joe, the Good Brothers, Sanity (more importantly, Nikki Cross), Asuka.... yeah Smackdown is looking pretty good right now.

Also BIG cASS is back too!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paige is a much better GM than Kurt Angle.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Jerusalem posted:

Jeff Hardy, Iconics, Joe, the Good Brothers, Sanity (more importantly, Nikki Cross), Asuka.... yeah Smackdown is looking pretty good right now.

Also BIG cASS is back too!

They didn’t put Nikki in the graphic or tag her on their tweet about it, so I’m afraid they’re not calling her up which would be...real stupid.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

The Senator Giroux posted:

They didn’t put Nikki in the graphic or tag her on their tweet about it, so I’m afraid they’re not calling her up which would be...real stupid.

Watch her get repackaged as something dumb

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Senator Giroux posted:

Or they're calling her up and she'll be on Raw by herself

which would also be kinda stupid

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Strawberry Panda posted:

Flip a coin, silly goose.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Expecting the worst and being pleasantly surprised when it doesn't go that way has always served me well when it comes to the WWE.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

all worth it for Main Event Big Cass

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I jyst realized that Nicki and Cena probably broke up over a pre-nup which is pretty much perfect.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Honestly I'm ready to give Cass a shot. I'm not expecting 5 star matches, but it's good to see him back.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

The Face Whose Nuts Are Paste

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smackdown results added to the OP. Shinsuke's feud with AJ's balls continues, with the third squash match in a row.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
smackdown gets basically all the talent on the roster and then somehow dbry's first feud back is with Big rear end

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

flatluigi posted:

smackdown gets basically all the talent on the roster and then somehow dbry's first feud back is with Big rear end

Samoa Joe is busy with RR for two months.

I have no doubt this is just filler for a Miz/Bryan feud too.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
So i missed most of smackdown, is nakamura teaming up with cass? It's such a ridiculous pairing that I kinda hope he is.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/KingRicochet/status/986424373321007104

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Id give Big Cass a shot

but uhhh, we want Enzo chants arent going to do him favors.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

tweet my meat posted:

So i missed most of smackdown, is nakamura teaming up with cass? It's such a ridiculous pairing that I kinda hope he is.

I think it was mostly a convergence of Big Cass wanting to make his mark and Shinsuke being unable to resist punching AJ Styles on the dick.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Credit where credit is due, in this superstar shakeup they got shook the gently caress up. Last year was just "Let's take like 5 of smackdown's hottest acts and give them Jinder and The Colons"

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

tweet my meat posted:

Honestly I'm ready to give Cass a shot. I'm not expecting 5 star matches, but it's good to see him back.

I wouldn't necessarily pair him up with Bryan right off since he should be winning as he comes back, but maybe they have Bryan get his butt kicked since it's not like he's going to stop being over no matter what they do with him.

There's so many people I want him to feud with on Smackdown alone though in Nakamura, AJ, Miz, and now Joe, so I kind of want him to steamroll through all of them in like half a year so even if his body does break down I have super fond memories of this comeback and can remain impressed that he managed it. Who knows though, maybe Cass is secretly the new Kane as the big guy who works a safe style (VERY doubtful, but it'd be nice), and even Bryan can use some time to shake the rust off and get used to whatever style he feels he has to work now.

If we get Bryan/Miz at Summerslam, and then Bryan/Nakamura or Bryan/AJ at the Rumble and whichever one of those two he didn't face at Mania, then that's a drat fine roadmap there, so I hope whatever we see over the next year checks most of those boxes.

• Locked thread