Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

They certainly are :thermidor:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

why does this dink hate safety so much, i genuinely don't get it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ciaphas posted:

the entire concept of Safety is why we wont let him sell robot cars for 100k today and launch 4000 low orbit satellites so he can provide Space Internet. he loving hates safety

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

safety impedes ~progress~

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Jonny 290 posted:

the entire concept of Safety is why we wont let him sell robot cars for 100k today and launch 4000 low orbit satellites so he can provide Space Internet. he loving hates safety

you'd think these things coming to light while the NTSB is investigating a deadly collision caused by your vehicle's drive assist features would be worrying, but not for tesla.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

like it legit annoys me because i wasn't kidding last page, i'd like to see tesla and spacex succeed if only to affirm what advancements they've actually made (mostly in the latter, admittedly)

but seriously elon

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Blue Train posted:

safety impedes ~progress~

safety and regulations are progress. e-short musk

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

OldAlias posted:

safety and regulations are progress. e-short musk

the unions did their job, so we don’t need them anymore!!!!!!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

the unions did their job, so we don’t need them anymore!!!!!!!

this but unironically

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fart simpson posted:

this but unironically

gently caress you

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
bumpo w content

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/04/why-selling-full-self-driving-before-its-ready-could-backfire-for-tesla/

imagine paying $3k for an option that does not exist and will never exist in the driver's lifetime

elon should change his name to phineas

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
ol' musky gonna fire up 24/7 production

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/17/17249088/elon-musk-tesla-model-3-production-email-factory

with such gems such as:

quote:

Musk draws a number of hard lines in the sand in the email for his employees, contractors, and suppliers. In one section, titled “Precision,” he writes that Tesla “will keep going until the Model 3 build precision is a factor of ten better than any other car in the world. I am not kidding.”

quote:

Musk also tells employees to trim unnecessary meetings, skip the “chain of command” when it comes to communication, and to “pick common sense as [their] guide” instead of following company rules that seem ridiculous.

care to guess which rules he deems "unnecessary"?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

bumpo w content

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/04/why-selling-full-self-driving-before-its-ready-could-backfire-for-tesla/

imagine paying $3k for an option that does not exist and will never exist in the driver's lifetime

elon should change his name to phineas

elon musk's car citizen

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

ol' musky gonna fire up 24/7 production

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/17/17249088/elon-musk-tesla-model-3-production-email-factory

with such gems such as:

care to guess which rules he deems "unnecessary"?

innovating calls to the HR department, if tesla even has one

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Captain Foo posted:

gently caress you

hey im no shaggar over here

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
ay! ay! i'm shaggarin' here!!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

reminder that elong accused his wife of emotional manipulation when she was sad their son died. lol.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

put elon in one of his own rockets and launch it into the sun

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sweevo posted:

put elon in one of his own rockets and launch it into the sun

he can take a shuttle to where his car is parked

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
elon is one of the few to pollute space. i think that is a victory

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
is it any coincidence that musk backwards is skum?? :aaa:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
again, i refer to the ignominious elong musk, not elon musk, the badass genius who will save the earth with space things

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sham bam bamina! posted:

is it any coincidence that musk backwards is skum?? :aaa:

:thunk:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017

fart simpson posted:

reminder that elong accused his wife of emotional manipulation when she was sad their son died. lol.

Sounds like a winner to me

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

hmm..... indeed.....

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

elon musk murdered that child because it was inconvenient to him

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

death to america

quote:

In an interview with CBS News last week, Musk mentioned the couch in his office at Tesla is, well, "not a good couch." "Last time I was here I actually slept, literally, on the floor because the couch is too narrow. It's terrible," he said. "As a community, we cannot let this stand," California's Ben Sullins responded Monday with a GoFundMe campaign seeking to buy Musk a couch comfy enough for dozing.

More than $5,000, well above the $1,000 goal, has already been raised by 390 people as of this writing. If billionaire Musk is uninterested, Sullins says the funds will be donated to charity, per the Telegraph. If he's open to receiving the new couch, Sullins says he'll "fly up there to hand deliver and film the experience."

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
lick those boots

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sweevo posted:

what the gently caress kind of name is "elon"?

The kind a damned dirty dutchman gets from his damned dirty dutchman family. loving dutch.

Oooh, look at me, I'm Dutch! WE'RE SO loving CIVILIZED! Yeah, that's because they sent their Boers to South Africa (see also: Musk, Elon) and their religious nutters to Michigan (see also: DeVos, Betsy).

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 18, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

enjoy that couch while you can, elon. you'll find no such luxuries in the gulag.

:twisted:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Literally repatriate the Boers and Michigan Dutch back to the Low Countries then blow up the dams, that they might be washed out to the North Sea and at long last contribute in a positive way to the world.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

Literally repatriate the Boers and Michigan Dutch back to the Low Countries then blow up the dams so that they might be washed out to the North Sea and, at long last, contribute in a positive way to the world.

as a non-dutch michiganian i wholeheartedly support this.

:patriot:

I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017

Blue Train posted:

death to america

That guy Ben sounds like a loving weirdo. But not unexpected behavior by someone from california.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
That being said, try to spare Amsterdam because we've got a DC there and having to do a Sev 0 would be a pain in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Blue Train posted:

elon musk murdered that child because it was inconvenient to him

i'm going to start telling people this now

• Locked thread