Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Medkit, Rifle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

jagadaishio posted:

I think that Roy should spend 1 point on his friendship with Brianna, 4 points on increasing his Shepherd quality to +4, and 1 point on making a good enough impression with the Horse Clan for them to be willing to do business with him. Hold off on spending any further points until we get a look at Horse Clan's setup, but we'll probably want at least some kind of mount.

It's probably themselve thematic for Roy's first trouble to be his loneliness. He puts himself in situations where he shouldn't to be around people, and does things he shouldn't for people who have shown him kindness. I also like the idea of him having a pesky sense of justice/fairness, but the loneliness is already established.

I think Brianna should also spend 1 experience to develop that friendship with Roy right back at him.

I think the two days should go basically like this. Brianna keeps trying to get the withdrawn Roy to open up and socialize. When he's in his withdrawn phase, she fills the silence by chatting about this and that with him. When she manages to get him talking, though, he gets too excited and talks her ear off - until he inevitably stumbles over something or here self conscious, then back to quiet. Let's call it high and low tide.

I'll second this.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Had to catch up since the bulk of my free time was taken up by HBS Battletech but chiming in to say don't sweat it my man. S'all good

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Man, what the gently caress Shepherds

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hexenritter posted:

Right? Dereliction of duty as a Shepherd should be a harshly punishable offence, and flagrant malfeasance and abuse of power should be "yeah, you know that whole fiery lake of doom thing? Welp, enjoy your new home. P.S. your sentence has no end date. Byeeeee"

I mean, yeah, I get that corruption is systemic and some degree of barter and favour currying is to be expected (unless you're a salt of the earth good man like Roy here), but there has to be a point where at least some Shepherds with a more vigilant(e) bent take it upon themselves to posse up and be their brothers' keepers.

Also, I really think that Roy's devotion and steadfast prosecution of his duties as a Shepherd works, trouble-wise. It's a core aspect of his personality and has rubbed his peers the wrong way because they're used to the aforementioned systemic corruption favouring them.

I agree.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Well here we've got Iron Hill.

Next county over there's Fire Knoll. And next to that is Anger Mound.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Okay, Ignacio was pulling double duty at the time, that explains why some stuff slipped through the cracks. Though having your workload suddenly doubled, then catching shade for a fuckup in a place that wasn't even your jurisdiction thanks to a colleague's slip of the tongue, probably means he won't be inclined to do Roy any favors in future.

Sure, let's follow Brianna's Love Trouble, its what the Horse Maiden would've wanted. And she would also want some popcorn.

For Roy, maybe follow on the Loneliness Trouble since I think Shepherd's Guild trouble is going to happen no matter what

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You Can't Steal My Dom Jeans

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ice Phisherman posted:

I love how this is the soundest of plans for my story.

Alcohol means power, but don't be too greedy for it!

malbogio posted:

The only two examples of good Shepherds we've seen (Roy & Mo) were exiled. Lazy & corrupt Shepherds seem to be the norm. You say Iggy let "some stuff slip through the cracks" but we've yet to find evidence that he performed his duty in this county at all.

We've seen a single town, story's just getting started.

I do like that while the thread is inclined to throw the guy under the bus more maliciously, in the text Roy himself only did it by accident since he's too drat honest. I'd like to meet Ignacio first to see if he needs to eat some Steel Fist or not. And I'm not leaving the option off the table either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I like that the result of the current route thus far seems to be Brianna just doing something nice for poor ol' Roy

• Locked thread