Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Rodoks kick rear end. They are one of the better Morat link options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

DJ Dizzy posted:

Cant everything with a cube keep me out of LoL?

Regarding purchases: Am I likely to ever use the rodoks in the OCF box, even if playing morats?

I'm not sure how a cube would do that. Where is that coming from.

Rodoks own. I have eight of them.

edit: Rodoks own in OCF. There's a billion core options in Morats and I've never seen Rodoks used there.

vv G: Mnemonica is completely separate from anything cube related.

Cat Face Joe fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 7, 2018

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
^^ G: Mnemonica.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Cant everything with a cube keep me out of LoL?

Regarding purchases: Am I likely to ever use the rodoks in the OCF box, even if playing morats?

Autotool lets you dump your Aspect LT into something that doesn't have a cube, which Unidrons do not.

Rodoks are good, but they're boring as hell to paint, if you do anything even remotely resembling the studio scheme.

grassy gnoll fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 7, 2018

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Cat Face Joe posted:

I'm not sure how a cube would do that. Where is that coming from.

Rodoks own. I have eight of them.

edit: Rodoks own in OCF. There's a billion core options in Morats and I've never seen Rodoks used there.

vv G: Mnemonica is completely separate from anything cube related.

"The user may transfer his own WIP Attribute, along with the Ghost: Mnemonica Special Skill and the Lieutenant Special Skill (if applicable), to any other trooper in the same army that is on the battlefield in the form of a figure or Marker and has a Cube."

I don't know. But the internet says you can. :ohdear:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

DJ Dizzy posted:

"The user may transfer his own WIP Attribute, along with the Ghost: Mnemonica Special Skill and the Lieutenant Special Skill (if applicable), to any other trooper in the same army that is on the battlefield in the form of a figure or Marker and has a Cube."

I don't know. But the internet says you can. :ohdear:

mighty gently caress i thought it was only G: Autotool units who could could accept G: Mnemonica

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Isn't it funny finding one of those random gaps of knowledge you've had that COMPLETELY changes how you've been playing? For instance, my small group had somehow missed that getting shot from behind past ZOC means no ARO (minus 6th sense of course). Like, we thought you could at least make a -3 dodge or something. Blew our minds xD

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

A friend of mine that im starting with is looking at Steel Phalanx. Are either of us to be really boned in CA vs SP matchups?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Not particularly. But your friend is a massive weenie for playing SP. You should give them a wedgie as a matter of general good conduct.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Whats wrong with Steel Phalanx? Apart from being ancient greeks, and not thr true ancient empire; romans.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

aleph players are pure nerds

Cat Face Joe posted:

mighty gently caress i thought it was only G: Autotool units who could could accept G: Mnemonica
WIP17 Kerr maestro is comedy gold.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 7, 2018

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

WIP17 Kerr maestro is comedy gold.

I dunno.... It sounds unfunny for atleast one of the players.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

TheFinalTuba posted:

Isn't it funny finding one of those random gaps of knowledge you've had that COMPLETELY changes how you've been playing? For instance, my small group had somehow missed that getting shot from behind past ZOC means no ARO (minus 6th sense of course). Like, we thought you could at least make a -3 dodge or something. Blew our minds xD

No one in our meta plays generic CA so the Aspects never come up. I tool around with Onyx a bit but the Anathematic is mighty tempting.

DJ Dizzy posted:

A friend of mine that im starting with is looking at Steel Phalanx. Are either of us to be really boned in CA vs SP matchups?

It's gonna be real annoying for you at first since SP has a lot of ODD and can seem unbeatable for newer players. In your friend's case they're an unrepentant dweeb who no one likes, sorry.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
I spent four hours last night painting up Sforza's leather jacket before realizing that I'm probably never going to use him. Adhesive Launcher + Holoprojector L2 + X-visor is so good but i don't know if it's 30 points good when I can do the same but cheaper with Madtrap equipped Kanren.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

He's great in Hunting Party. Play that mission.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Cat Face Joe posted:

No one in our meta plays generic CA so the Aspects never come up. I tool around with Onyx a bit but the Anathematic is mighty tempting.

It's gonna be real annoying for you at first since SP has a lot of ODD and can seem unbeatable for newer players. In your friend's case they're an unrepentant dweeb who no one likes, sorry.

I should be okay with the Charontid and the Maakrep/Ko dali.

Apart from MSV, how do you play around the ODD? Just keep shooting at them?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Flamethrowers/Melee/throw smoke on em.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Templates

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

quote:

Allows the use of SWORD L1, SHIELD L2 and all GADGET programs.
In addition, allows the use of the following GADGET-EVO programs:
GADGET-EVO. Supportware: Kaleidoscope.
GADGET-EVO. Supportware: Overclock.
GADGET-EVO. Supportware: Reboot.
GADGET-EVO. Supportware: TeamPro.
This piece of Equipment allows players to enlist REMs in their Army List.

The EVO Hacking Device allows use of the Tactical Support Systems, a series of automatic and simultaneous Bonuses:

EVO Hacking Device allows the use of Hacking Programs in a Coordinated Order. It is not mandatory for all the Hackers in the Coordinated Order to use the same Hacking Program.

This piece of Equipment allows players to spend a Command Token to re-roll a single failed Normal or Face to Face WIP Roll when declaring the use of a Hacking Program. The player may re-roll just one die, no matter the Burst value of the Hacking Program he used.

The player who has the second Player Turn may spend a Command Token to deploy one troop with the EVO Hacking Device with one GADGET-EVO Supportware Hacking Program active. During the Deployment Phase the player will place the corresponding Supportware Marker with the EVO Hacker Device bearer on the table. This action is not considered a Strategic Use of the Command Token.

This piece of Equipment automatically provides a Bonus that nullifies the -6 MOD to the WIP Roll for the Sat-Lock Special Skill for any friendly trooper.

An EVO Hacking Device automatically provides a +3 PH Bonus to the Airborne Deployment Special Skill. This Bonus is not cumulative with the Controlled Jump Supportware Hacking Program, nor with the Bonus provided by other additional EVO Hacking Devices.

Holy poo poo I had no idea EVO Hacking Devices had so many bonuses attached to them.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
EVO went nuts in hs. The dual burst for rems with repeaters is great in vanilla ca - ikadrons, r drones, and m drones with B2 flash pulses are a lovely road block. Just bring dr worm to stand them back up.

Haven't seen anyone use the coordinated hacking attack yet, but seriously thinking that's a must W Tunguska.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

How needed is a servant for dr worm? I am one point over in a list with kerr-nau.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

I need to buy more remotes for my ISS guys holy poo poo.

DJ Dizzy posted:

How needed is a servant for dr worm? I am one point over in a list with kerr-nau.

For 3 points your Dr Worm can be in two places at once; it's up to you whether you can take advantage of that.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

The EVO is huge for the PanO sectorials that can take three fugazi. Makes the Bulleteers a decent ARO threat as well.

Pidgin Englishman posted:

Haven't seen anyone use the coordinated hacking attack yet, but seriously thinking that's a must W Tunguska.

How could Tunguska change hacking so much that coordinating it would become not only viable but a must?

DJ Dizzy posted:

He's the only doctor in CA and one of the few engineers so you want to keep him safe.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

ITS S9 Beta (W/ YJ SWC Bonus)
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10 7
CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)
RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 20)

GROUP 2 9 1
SFORZA Viral Rifle + Adhesive Launcher, Nanopulser / Heavy Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 25)
NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
CELESTIAL GUARD Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
CELESTIAL GUARD (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
CELESTIAL GUARD (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
CELESTIAL GUARD Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
CELESTIAL GUARD MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 21)
SOPHOTECT Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)
SON-BAE Yaókòng Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)
YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
PANGGULING Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)

6.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

So I've been fiddling with this list for ITS9; we're playing with the faction bonuses this season.

I'm not sure how I feel about Celestial Guard Multi-snipers. A Dakini costs the same amount of points, has the same BS and Mimetism, can be buffed by hackers, and can hang out in a tower while the link goes off and presses buttons.

The downside to the Dakini is I'll need to spend at least two command tokens shifting the CG smoke launcher around to a different group and reforming the link.

I would really like to be able to ding someone with a WIP 20 B2 Flash Pulse or potentially make use of Smart Missile launchers.

Sforza gets to hang out in the deployment zone pretending to be a CG w/ Combi Rifle until it's time to move out and gluestick people.

Magic Rabbit Hat fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 8, 2018

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Evo hackers are almost on my list of gotta-haves regardless of list building and mission. They're crazy good.

Similarly, Nurse Worms are so intensely useful for so little points cost, you gotta have a real good reason not to take both of them. Same for Sophie and Yudbots.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Kerr-nau doesn`t cost SWC. :stare:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

DJ Dizzy posted:

Kerr-nau doesn`t cost SWC. :stare:

Nope! Neither does Rosie.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Cat Face Joe posted:

How could Tunguska change hacking so much that coordinating it would become not only viable but a must?

Fair call. I was thinking that for a moderate investment it'd make interventors close to an unstoppable force - wip15 is good, but having to aro against 3 of them would allow you to get hacking dominance with little risk.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
It sure makes deciding your ARO wayyyyyyy harder.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Wouldn't you just Reset?

e: :thejoke:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Combined Army - Untitled Roster (299/300 | 5.5/6)

Group #1 | 10 Models | 10 0 2

Dāturazi Chain Rifle | Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades, Grenades, Pistol / AP CCW (14)
Dāturazi Chain Rifle | Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades, Grenades, Pistol / AP CCW (14)
Charontid HMG Lieutenant | Multispectral Visor L3, Lieutenant, Nanopulser, HMG, Heavy Pistol / Knife (79)
Noctifer Missile Launcher | Missile Launcher, Assault Pistol / Knife (32)
Umbra Legate Hacker | Hacking Device Plus, Flash Pulse, Boarding Shotgun, Pistol / DA CCW (43)
Med-Tech Doctor+Engineer | Combi Rifle, D-Charges, Pistol / Knife (23)
Slave Drone Servant | Electric Pulse (3)
Slave Drone Servant | Electric Pulse (3)
Unidron Plasma Sniper Rifle | Plasma Sniper Rifle, Pistol / Electric Pulse (24)
Fraacta Boarding Shotgun | Nanopulser, Boarding Shotgun, Pistol / Knife (28)
Kerr-Nau Whatever kerr-Nau has, Mayanet isnt updated yet. (27)
Ikadron Baggage | Baggage, Repeater, Light Flamethrower (2), Flash Pulse, Pistol / Electric Pulse (9)

Open in MayaNet

I could drop kerr, the ikadron and a slave drone for Bit and Kiss, Ko Dali and an Imetron. (I think)

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Unlinked Unidron is not worth it for ARO duty, you will be way better off with the Q-Drone

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Would you slap plasma or an HMG on that bad boy?

Another question: Can you use Kerr-Nau in OCF?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

DJ Dizzy posted:

HMG obviously, it is the best TR bot in the game.
Yes, unfortunately, alien fuckers got two great Killer Hackers in a row. He links with Unidrons or Rodoks.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Unfortunately, an HMG bot would put me one point over. I could remove a nurse worm, but otherwise, no bueno.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
If the HMG Bot is the CA Total Reaction Drone, I cannot imagine a CA list without one. Paying one point on a standard TR drone for mimetism is just :discourse:

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Drop the Ikadron for that 4pt order piece, there's your points.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Better yet, drop it for an R-drone. One point less and you won't risk it dropping of the board.

That said, you could also make the Q-drone a plasma since your long range ARO is already covered by the noctifer. You could even put the plasma q-drone and noctifer in the same fire lane, so that when your opponent tries to take out your q-drone outside its optimal range, you reveal the noctifer and watch your opponent squirm.

"Do you fire at the TO camo missile launcher or the B4 plasma? Do you feel lucky, punk?"

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

DJ Dizzy posted:

Kerr is best in OCF IMO, he links with Unidrons and gets silly, FAST.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

So I've been fiddling with this list for ITS9; we're playing with the faction bonuses this season.

The kuang shi are gonna get wiped out and deplete that order group so I recommend swapping the Rui Shi with the EVO bot since it won't need a lot of orders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

Kerr is best in OCF IMO, he links with Unidrons and gets silly, FAST.

How do you avoid getting LoL immediately in OCF?