Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«88 »
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

a negative influence

I feel like I'm going to get really sick of hearing VALHALLAAAAAAAA in due time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

In new game plus am I missing something if I didnít have enough resources to get the COD or ancients armor when I first meet brok? Or is that a later on type deal

Valhallaaaaaaa owns

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

When I was fighting Sigrun I muted the game and put on a podcast, it took about an hour.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

a negative influence

Shindragon posted:

I think those are story upgrades unfornately. Err wait you are at Heilheim? Uh.. shouldn't be too far off then.

looks like it's actually a bug that erases the upgrade completely if you don't choose it right away

that's extremely annoying

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

the_american_dream posted:

In new game plus am I missing something if I didn’t have enough resources to get the COD or ancients armor when I first meet brok? Or is that a later on type deal

Valhallaaaaaaa owns

You probably used up your ancients parts in NG. You gotta smash them all over again.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

You don't want my life. What do I have to show for it? Chozo DNA in my body, Metroid Prime blood on my hands, and a foot locker full of Ridleys.

Oxxidation posted:

looks like it's actually a bug that erases the upgrade completely if you don't choose it right away

that's extremely annoying

Oh. Ouch sorry to hear that man

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

I just watched my friend who's playing this game for the first time beat Sigrun on the fourth attempt and I am so mad

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Fedule posted:

I just watched my friend who's playing this game for the first time beat Sigrun on the fourth attempt and I am so mad

Check the difficulty!

Also if someone has been playing Bloodborne or Dark Souls she's not THAT bad. I'm on NG+ and going through the Valks after a long layoff and I'm killing all of them between 1-4 tries.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

a negative influence

sigrun took me two tries but i was playing on normal and just blitzed her with runic attacks

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Fedule posted:

May have it on easy

Did they buff the dark elf boss? I beat him first try easily on GMAC but heís killing me quickly on plus

finally beat him. had to fight him like a valk and be patient as gently caress

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at Sep 9, 2018 around 04:13

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

the_american_dream posted:

May have it on easy

Did they buff the dark elf boss? I beat him first try easily on GMAC but heís killing me quickly on plus

finally beat him. had to fight him like a valk and be patient as gently caress

Yeah Dark Elf King was the first significant challenge on NG+ for me. I kept trying to blitz him with runic attacks, but since he leaves a bomb behind every time he leaves the ground I kept getting caught by those for like 60% of my HP. Like you said I ended up having to chill way out and avoid his bombs, wait for him to come in for melee attacks and dodge/counter those.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

I'm glad at all of y'all's faith; the difficulty was definitely Balanced.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I don't think I'm going to beat Sigrun on NG+. She just has too many attacks to memorize and parrying puts you into too much danger.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

What are we going to do on the bed?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I don't think I'm going to beat Sigrun on NG+. She just has too many attacks to memorize and parrying puts you into too much danger.

the nice thing is that she doesn't have many unique attacks, it's all stuff the other Valkyries did, so you're not starting from nothing

by the time I got to her I was already well trained by the other valkyries at throwing the axe to stop any powerful air attacks, if she so much as spread her wings I was aiming and throwing my axe at her

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It does help to know that Sigrun only pulls from one of three (I think?) valkyrie movesets at one time, so you can better read what she's about to do when you know which valkyrie she's imitating.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Wait she switches? I thought her AI was broken.

She always has Valhalla though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!

Salad Prong

SatansBestBuddy posted:

the nice thing is that she doesn't have many unique attacks, it's all stuff the other Valkyries did, so you're not starting from nothing

by the time I got to her I was already well trained by the other valkyries at throwing the axe to stop any powerful air attacks, if she so much as spread her wings I was aiming and throwing my axe at her

Single greatest weapon against her. After that itís high runic for burst damage.

«88 »