Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Picked this up on PC and absolutely love it. Reading through the thread and I guess I'm a weirdo for greatly preferring the blades of chaos over the axe. The axe felt ok for single target but I felt like I was more prone to getting swarmed and it made the large outnumbered fights frustrating for me at the beginning. I also hadn't played GoW since the 2nd one so they made it really feel like the game I loved playing when I was younger. It felt like I could really kick rear end and stomp groups of fools once I got them. I easily made it through nifelheim and got gold on the impossible challenges just using those so they're plenty viable and strong imo (at least on standard difficulty).

That being said I like the axe more now that I'm endgame with it and have all the good upgrades and runic attacks. I'm going to start NG+ on Give me God of War so we'll see how my weapon preferences hold up.

Edit: Also maybe I was just being dumb but I didn't quite pick up on how you "leveled up" (gear not exp). Was that ever clearly explained? I probably just missed it but looking back a lot of things were more frustrating initially than they should have been because I wasn't focusing on getting my gear score up. I'd hold off on upgrading armor because I thought it was only adding a few stat points. Getting your level up makes such a massive difference and it made things way easier and more enjoyable.

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU