Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
God of War is one of the games I immediately go to the hardest settings on so the difficulty talk is intriguing me. Those of you who tried the God of War setting is it more difficult or about the same as this series typically is on Crushing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What’s up with the second boss? As a Hard Nosed GOW Vet :smug: the first boss is always impressive. Hopefully there a few more that are fun

Edit: looks like it was answered right above me :saddowns:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ok so that boss fight was definitely not what I expected. Way different from fighting the colossus of Rhodes or Poseidon but very cool. Challenge was satisfying when I got him 3 tried in, no fuckin way would I have been ready for give me god of war

Feel like I won’t have as much “oh cool there’s ___” since I know just about nothing regarding Norse mythology though :(

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Since the stranger ive died no less than 3 times per combat area and ive loved every loving minute of it.

Long way to go though ive only gotten the one tutorial upgrade

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Over There posted:

It's weird because some moments when I'm really thinking about combat it's very smooth and easy, but when I'm either not paying close enough attention or I'm tired I gently caress up a lot. It's very rewarding but very punishing.

this. It feels very balanced to me. Ive only felt "cheated" once so far

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I love how extremely little patience and interest Kratos has in the dwarfs as if hes in the wrong game

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

esperterra posted:

"You're really giving me your axe?!"
"I'm letting you hold it."

“If I had lost it I-“

“You DID lose it”

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Not Operator posted:

Also hearing Kratos retell old Greek fables like they were presented to him as a series of matter-of-fact bullet points is hilarious.

That tortoise and hare story :allears:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
For some reason i didn’t realize I could do side objectives until the dwarves gave me one after I finished the dark/light elves area and poo poo this game is humongous. Easily my GOTY

Until red dead comes out

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

precision posted:

I can already tell finding all the Ravens is gonna be loving miserable, unless they're cumulative across all playthroughs

Yea that’s the one collectible I immediately was out on. If I run across them fine but I’m not hunting them without a guide at least

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

precision posted:

One would have to be blissfully ignorant to think that anything Kratos does would even make CPS bat an eyelash.

They're too busy taking kids away from single moms who are legitimately trying their best but forgot to throw away an empty liquor bottle and didn't lock their bathroom medicine cabinet.

That or you know actual physical and sexual abusive parents.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Same.

I mean if you had a great caring loving supporting dad good for you sincerely but this is nothing approaching cps level abuse

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

JBP posted:

It's fairly extraordinary when every other facet of the game is more or less equal to it's other inspirations. It's a real greatest hits of good game design.

This.

Also at least for me it’s the difference between this and all the previous GOW games which were as linear as linear can be. It’s like wtf am I even playing? Kratos can do other things??? (Even if he clearly doesn’t want to do any of that poo poo)

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Just realized I made it through the game without knowing what the cleaver is or using it. Probably would’ve made things easier

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
So am I supposed to do something to get my level and stuff back in new game plus? I keep dying in one hit by literally the first enemy in the game

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Confession: I enjoy kratos’ fathering

Sorry not sorry 😐

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
No let’s instead discuss this cool game!!!!!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
In new game plus am I missing something if I didn’t have enough resources to get the COD or ancients armor when I first meet brok? Or is that a later on type deal

Valhallaaaaaaa owns

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Fedule posted:

I just watched my friend who's playing this game for the first time beat Sigrun on the fourth attempt and I am so mad

May have it on easy

Did they buff the dark elf boss? I beat him first try easily on GMAC but he’s killing me quickly on plus

finally beat him. had to fight him like a valk and be patient as gently caress

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 9, 2018

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Rape??

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Back to finish new game plus after taking a red dead redemption release break. Game still good. Thanks for reading

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I really hate that that blades of chaos moment did nothing for me. And im a big GOW fan even enjoying the previous prequel installment no one liked. Just felt like oh ok the weapon he has in every game he’ll have again.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea same. I only think about them when I need to use the moves or story progression. The axe feels amazing

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
It’s been over a year hasn’t it? Eh.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I don’t think anyone keeps up here anymore but maybe complaining online will help.

Restarted a Give me God of War run through recently and I just can not loving get past the part where you initially get the chaos blades . From everything I’ve seen this is just a glorified tutorial to be completed easy peasy but I swear either I’m extremely all of a sudden real bad at the game or it’s glitched and these ice fucks just endlessly spawn

They tank right through my hits, no health every generates after killing them and even with a Spartan rage prompt they just eventually overwhelm me. It’s really frustrating

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
And I didn’t bother creating a save before that particular point of no return to do side missions to maybe level a bit so I’m just in hell

Edit. Yep just needed to complain

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 30, 2021

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
First game I ever got platinum and I still want to play again. Sequel can’t come soon enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Mashing Circle+square is bread and butter escaping out of every situation