Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

How am I supposed to play this and Yakuza 6 at the same time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

HORMELCHILI posted:

play the better game, you know which one that is
But then I just end up playing Virtua Fighter 5.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Could Kratos be even more emo about not being emotional?

"Can't show that I love my son" *dramatically reaches out his shaking hand*

"Can't show that I care" *actually shows all emotions by staring depressingly into the horizon, being all grumpy and taking his time to breath heavily into a door*

Anyways, the game is good.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Also, because of a convo I had with a pal at work this morning, don't take your Norse mythos knowledge from the Marvel movies, they made their own poo poo up and mixed some others up.
Lol, it's hilarious to me that this is something somebody needs to say.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Ok I know now why people didn't know they could upgrade runic attacks.

I'm still pretty early on (clearing Alfheim) and I was trying to figure out how to level them up and found nothing. I thought that maybe I needed a dwarf to do it or something. Then like 5 minutes later I'm in the middle of a random light bridge and a little tooltip in the corner pops up saying that I can upgrade light attacks now or something. I didn't level up, finish some goal or anything like that, I was just running around between combat encounters. Yep, I can level up the runic attacks now.

So for a chunk of the game there actually is no indication that you can even upgrade those moves even when you already collected and used like 7 of them and then the option randomly becomes available with no fanfare.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I thought the highest possible difficulty is supposed to be unfairly hard or people would actually be disappointed? Normal being the balanced experience seems pretty standard.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Yeah, I don't really get people setting the game on the highest possible difficulty and then complaining that you get killed too fast.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

JBP posted:

What's MOGR
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/m%C7%ABgr

Sadly, special letters don't work in thread titles.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n12Q2Pj9ESg

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Yeah, the R3 finishers giving nothing raised a brow when I first realized it, I was actually surprised because it seemed so obvious to me that they should have a purpose and filling the rage meter a bit would have been such a perfect fit.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

JBP posted:

Is it worth playing ascension? I tapped out after 3 because it was fun, but kind of gruelling.
It has the most epic sex scene in the series.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Takes No Damage posted:

Yeah, I've tried a couple and so far they've only been 'impossible' by adding my least favorite gameplay constraints rather than actually upping the enemy challenge. I hate time limits, which is going to make fighting the Valkyrie in Nifelheim a royal pain I'm anticipating. I've really enjoyed almost all the other fights so that's a shame.

Speaking of, I'm assuming I'm meant to grind up enough mists to open the locked chests, and they'll give me the resources to access those 3 tears? Sindri's making them sound pretty drat ominous.
When you kill the Nilfheim Valkyrie the mist gauge resets so it's not so bad, you just have to run to her asap (while ignoring the other enemies). By the time you get to her you should also already have a full inventory of things that reduce the mist gauge, it's really not that hardcore unless you want to do it way underlevelled which would be dumb.

Here's a little Nilfheim guide that nobody asked for but maybe somebedy would be interested in.

When it comes to getting lost in Nilfheim I found this map really helpful:

The entrance is at the bottom. The Bases/Fields are where enemy encounters are, the empty spaces are where empty rooms (with chests) between the trap corridors are.
    1. When you start doing Nilfheim you should basically just farm the Home Base until you get enough Mist Echoes for Sindri to unlock Pitcher's Mound for you (should take like 3-4 runs).
    2. Afterwards you move on to doing Home Base + First Base OR Third Base and going back to cash in.
    3. When you save enough to buy a set of items that slow down the mist gauge (remember that there are not only armor pieces but also blade/axe pommels, a talisman and enchantments) you can move onto doing Home Base - First - Second - Third Base runs. Choose one direction you're doing that in and you won't get lost.
    4. When you feel confident with that run and you're already upgrading your Nilfheim inventory then you can start adding Right Field to your runs. There's always a champion to defeat there. This is the point when basically grinding towards those locked chests/realm tears actually begins.
    5. Doing a full run (without the Valkyrie) nets you something between 4-9k Mist Echoes depending on your luck with the ammount of spawned chests. You can do the math on how many such runs you need to clear the chests/tears + buy all the equipment you want.
    6. Remember that chests you open will gradually have more Mist Echoes in them so you absolutely need to gradually make your runs longer to speed up the Echo gathering process. The runs WILL get easier with each new Mist inventory part you get and in the end that Mist "timer" will (almost) not be a problem.
    7. You can simply run out of an enemy arena when you see that you won't make it, don't be afraid of doing that. You can also kick enemies into those corridor traps, they die instantly which owns for those more damage resistant ones.
    8. Don't get greedy. Stick to your "Base" plan even when it seems that you could still make it.
    9. No matter what you will still die a few times and lose your progress. It will suck but it's part of the process - if you stick to your planned runs then it will at least happen less often.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jul 15, 2018

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Came back to playing this. Sigrun is still kicking my rear end and I want to kill her before I finish the main story *sigh*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Ok I finished the game and immediately went home to see the final final ending. The sequel will be cool as hell. Also I don't really have the motivation to go back to getting owned by Sigrun so I guess this is it lol.